• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

deficiT's bible study

Once you know that then nothing anyone can do in the outer world can corrupt you. That is what Faith is. All religion and spirituality tries to hammer that point home until we graduate from this nonsense. lol

Don't underestimate Faith. It comes in pieces and chunks. Even getting out of bed in the morning you have enough faith that the floor will not cave in on you moments before you put your foot down on it. :)

Once you know that then nothing anyone can do in the outer world can corrupt you. That is what Faith is. All religion and spirituality tries to hammer that point home until we graduate from this nonsense. lol

Don't underestimate Faith. It comes in pieces and chunks. Even getting out of bed in the morning you have enough faith that the floor will not cave in on you moments before you put your foot down on it. :)
Yes you literally have to have trust. It's the only logic. As you analogise.

You can't live without trust. So let's add trust to the list with ego & DFMN & a belief system, vital to inhabit a mortal body but capable of being knocked out for a bit. 🙂

Except I have too much trust. Trust can also be dangerous.

So it needs to be practical, I try not to deal in blind faith.

But without evidence to substantiate faith in a fact demanding world where science has come so far right? Faith is still faith only.

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Malachi, 3:10

This is for the people scared of the vaccine, so this may be the wrong thread. :p

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them.…
— Mark 16:17,18

Rev 3:17
[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

The masters have it a lot worse than we, fam... they just don't know it, yet. They can cover themselves with whatever they think will keep them hidden but this does not appear to be sustainable.

The Book of Wisdom Chapter 3

1 But the souls of the upright are in the hands of God, and no torment can touch them.

2 To the unenlightened, they appeared to die, their departure was regarded as disaster,

3 their leaving us like annihilation; but they are at peace.

4 If, as it seemed to us, they suffered punishment, their hope was rich with immortality;

5 slight was their correction, great will their blessings be. God was putting them to the test and has proved them worthy to be with him;

6 he has tested them like gold in a furnace, and accepted them as a perfect burnt offering.

7 At their time of visitation, they will shine out; as sparks run through the stubble, so will they.

8 They will judge nations, rule over peoples, and the Lord will be their king for ever.

9 Those who trust in him will understand the truth, those who are faithful will live with him in love; for grace and mercy await his holy ones, and he intervenes on behalf of his chosen.

10 But the godless will be duly punished for their reasoning, for having neglected the upright and deserted the Lord.

11 Yes, wretched are they who scorn wisdom and discipline: their hope is void, their toil unavailing, their achievements unprofitable;

12 their wives are reckless, their children depraved, their descendants accursed.

13 Blessed the sterile woman if she be blameless, and has not known an unlawful bed, for she will have fruit at the visitation of souls.

14 Blessed, too, the eunuch whose hand commits no crime, and who harbours no resentment against the Lord: a special favour will be granted to him for his loyalty, a most desirable portion in the temple of the Lord.

15 For the fruit of honest labours is glorious, and the root of understanding does not decay.

16 But the children of adulterers will not reach maturity, the offspring of an unlawful bed will disappear.

17 Even if they live long, they will count for nothing, their old age will go unhonoured at the last;

18 while if they die early, they have neither hope nor comfort on the day of judgement,

19 for the end of a race of evil-doers is harsh.

I am slowly reading through Job again, so most of the passages I post will be from that likely, I'm a good ways through now. I really like this one.
Fyi I still be looking with lust at young women tho, guilty as charged:

Job’s Final Protest of Innocence
31 “I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman.
2 For what has God above chosen for us?
What is our inheritance from the Almighty on high?
3 Isn’t it calamity for the wicked
and misfortune for those who do evil?
4 Doesn’t he see everything I do
and every step I take?

5 “Have I lied to anyone
or deceived anyone?
6 Let God weigh me on the scales of justice,
for he knows my integrity.
7 If I have strayed from his pathway,
or if my heart has lusted for what my eyes have seen,
or if I am guilty of any other sin,
8 then let someone else eat the crops I have planted.
Let all that I have planted be uprooted.

9 “If my heart has been seduced by a woman,
or if I have lusted for my neighbor’s wife,
10 then let my wife belong to another man;
let other men sleep with her.
11 For lust is a shameful sin,
a crime that should be punished.
12 It is a fire that burns all the way to hell.
It would wipe out everything I own.

13 “If I have been unfair to my male or female servants
when they brought their complaints to me,
14 how could I face God?
What could I say when he questioned me?
15 For God created both me and my servants.
He created us both in the womb.

16 “Have I refused to help the poor,
or crushed the hopes of widows?
17 Have I been stingy with my food
and refused to share it with orphans?
18 No, from childhood I have cared for orphans like a father,
and all my life I have cared for widows.
19 Whenever I saw the homeless without clothes
and the needy with nothing to wear,
20 did they not praise me
for providing wool clothing to keep them warm?

21 “If I raised my hand against an orphan,
knowing the judges would take my side,
22 then let my shoulder be wrenched out of place!
Let my arm be torn from its socket!
23 That would be better than facing God’s judgment.
For if the majesty of God opposes me, what hope is there?

24 “Have I put my trust in money
or felt secure because of my gold?
25 Have I gloated about my wealth
and all that I own?

26 “Have I looked at the sun shining in the skies,
or the moon walking down its silver pathway,
27 and been secretly enticed in my heart
to throw kisses at them in worship?
28 If so, I should be punished by the judges,
for it would mean I had denied the God of heaven.

29 “Have I ever rejoiced when disaster struck my enemies,
or become excited when harm came their way?
30 No, I have never sinned by cursing anyone
or by asking for revenge.

31 “My servants have never said,
‘He let others go hungry.’
32 I have never turned away a stranger
but have opened my doors to everyone.

33 “Have I tried to hide my sins like other people do,
concealing my guilt in my heart?
34 Have I feared the crowd
or the contempt of the masses,
so that I kept quiet and stayed indoors?

35 “If only someone would listen to me!
Look, I will sign my name to my defense.
Let the Almighty answer me.
Let my accuser write out the charges against me.
36 I would face the accusation proudly.
I would wear it like a crown.
37 For I would tell him exactly what I have done.
I would come before him like a prince.

38 “If my land accuses me
and all its furrows cry out together,
39 or if I have stolen its crops
or murdered its owners,
40 then let thistles grow on that land instead of wheat,
and weeds instead of barley.”

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.”

-The Gospel of Thomas

Psalm 11

A psalm of David.

1 I trust in the Lord for protection.
So why do you say to me,
“Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety!
2 The wicked are stringing their bows
and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings.
They shoot from the shadows
at those whose hearts are right.
3 The foundations of law and order have collapsed.
What can the righteous do?”

4 But the Lord is in his holy Temple;
the Lord still rules from heaven.
He watches everyone closely,
examining every person on earth.
5 The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked.
He hates those who love violence.
6 He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked,
punishing them with scorching winds.
7 For the righteous Lord loves justice.
The virtuous will see his face.

Psalm 11

A psalm of David.

1 I trust in the Lord for protection.
So why do you say to me,
“Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety!
2 The wicked are stringing their bows
and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings.
They shoot from the shadows
at those whose hearts are right.
3 The foundations of law and order have collapsed.
What can the righteous do?”

4 But the Lord is in his holy Temple;
the Lord still rules from heaven.
He watches everyone closely,
examining every person on earth.
5 The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked.
He hates those who love violence.
6 He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked,
punishing them with scorching winds.
7 For the righteous Lord loves justice.
The virtuous will see his face.
Psalms of David are some kind Gods poetry.Or whisper of an angel.When i read psalms everytime find some about me.Dont have english version around me,but it sounds like this-"I am locked in and can not go out"

Psalms of David are some kind Gods poetry.Or whisper of an angel.When i read psalms everytime find some about me.Dont have english version around me,but it sounds like this-"I am locked in and can not go out"
Apocalypse by St.John-strange almost psychedelic visions and deeply decoded wisdom of Judgement Day.

I like to read the psalms because they contain many interesting and helpful thoughts that heal the mind and soul. I think it should be given more attention to the younger generation.
I just read this again a couple of hours ago. I was thinking about how my now deceased grandmother taught me to memorize it as a child.

Psalm 23
King James Version

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

I just read this again a couple of hours ago. I was thinking about how my now deceased grandmother taught me to memorize it as a child.

Psalm 23
King James Version

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Very strong this one with "walking through the valey of shadow of death".This exactly ilustrate the mighty power of faith.Faith,hope and love....and her mother Sofia(The Wisdom)....but the love is mightiest of all.

PSALM 23​

A Psalm of David.
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul:

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

job 7

1 “Do not mortals have hard service on earth? Are not their days like those of hired laborers?

2 Like a slave longing for the evening shadows, or a hired laborer waiting to be paid,

3 so I have been allotted months of futility, and nights of misery have been assigned to me.

4 When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’ The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn.

yeahhhhhhh

Psalm 13

For the choir director: A psalm of David.

1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
2 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

3 Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
4 Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
6 I will sing to the Lord
because he is good to me.