• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

deficiT's bible study

Daniel’s Vision of Four Beasts

Earlier, during the first year of King Belshazzar’s reign in Babylon, Daniel had a dream and saw visions as he lay in his bed. He wrote down the dream, and this is what he saw.

2 In my vision that night, I, Daniel, saw a great storm churning the surface of a great sea, with strong winds blowing from every direction. 3 Then four huge beasts came up out of the water, each different from the others.

4 The first beast was like a lion with eagles’ wings. As I watched, its wings were pulled off, and it was left standing with its two hind feet on the ground, like a human being. And it was given a human mind.

5 Then I saw a second beast, and it looked like a bear. It was rearing up on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And I heard a voice saying to it, “Get up! Devour the flesh of many people!”

6 Then the third of these strange beasts appeared, and it looked like a leopard. It had four bird’s wings on its back, and it had four heads. Great authority was given to this beast.

7 Then in my vision that night, I saw a fourth beast—terrifying, dreadful, and very strong. It devoured and crushed its victims with huge iron teeth and trampled their remains beneath its feet. It was different from any of the other beasts, and it had ten horns.

8 As I was looking at the horns, suddenly another small horn appeared among them. Three of the first horns were torn out by the roots to make room for it. This little horn had eyes like human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly.

9 I watched as thrones were put in place
and the Ancient One sat down to judge.
His clothing was as white as snow,
his hair like purest wool.
He sat on a fiery throne
with wheels of blazing fire,
10 and a river of fire was pouring out,
flowing from his presence.
Millions of angels ministered to him;
many millions stood to attend him.
Then the court began its session,
and the books were opened.

11 I continued to watch because I could hear the little horn’s boastful speech. I kept watching until the fourth beast was killed and its body was destroyed by fire. 12 The other three beasts had their authority taken from them, but they were allowed to live a while longer.

13 As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, honor, and sovereignty over all the nations of the world, so that people of every race and nation and language would obey him. His rule is eternal—it will never end. His kingdom will never be destroyed.

The Vision Is Explained
15 I, Daniel, was troubled by all I had seen, and my visions terrified me. 16 So I approached one of those standing beside the throne and asked him what it all meant. He explained it to me like this: 17 “These four huge beasts represent four kingdoms that will arise from the earth. 18 But in the end, the holy people of the Most High will be given the kingdom, and they will rule forever and ever.”

19 Then I wanted to know the true meaning of the fourth beast, the one so different from the others and so terrifying. It had devoured and crushed its victims with iron teeth and bronze claws, trampling their remains beneath its feet. 20 I also asked about the ten horns on the fourth beast’s head and the little horn that came up afterward and destroyed three of the other horns. This horn had seemed greater than the others, and it had human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly. 21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against God’s holy people and was defeating them, 22 until the Ancient One—the Most High—came and judged in favor of his holy people. Then the time arrived for the holy people to take over the kingdom.

23 Then he said to me, “This fourth beast is the fourth world power that will rule the earth. It will be different from all the others. It will devour the whole world, trampling and crushing everything in its path. 24 Its ten horns are ten kings who will rule that empire. Then another king will arise, different from the other ten, who will subdue three of them. 25 He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

26 “But then the court will pass judgment, and all his power will be taken away and completely destroyed. 27 Then the sovereignty, power, and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be given to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will last forever, and all rulers will serve and obey him.”

28 That was the end of the vision. I, Daniel, was terrified by my thoughts and my face was pale with fear, but I kept these things to myself.

Daniel’s Vision of Four Beasts

Earlier, during the first year of King Belshazzar’s reign in Babylon, Daniel had a dream and saw visions as he lay in his bed. He wrote down the dream, and this is what he saw.

2 In my vision that night, I, Daniel, saw a great storm churning the surface of a great sea, with strong winds blowing from every direction. 3 Then four huge beasts came up out of the water, each different from the others.

4 The first beast was like a lion with eagles’ wings. As I watched, its wings were pulled off, and it was left standing with its two hind feet on the ground, like a human being. And it was given a human mind.

5 Then I saw a second beast, and it looked like a bear. It was rearing up on one side, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And I heard a voice saying to it, “Get up! Devour the flesh of many people!”

6 Then the third of these strange beasts appeared, and it looked like a leopard. It had four bird’s wings on its back, and it had four heads. Great authority was given to this beast.

7 Then in my vision that night, I saw a fourth beast—terrifying, dreadful, and very strong. It devoured and crushed its victims with huge iron teeth and trampled their remains beneath its feet. It was different from any of the other beasts, and it had ten horns.

8 As I was looking at the horns, suddenly another small horn appeared among them. Three of the first horns were torn out by the roots to make room for it. This little horn had eyes like human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly.

9 I watched as thrones were put in place
and the Ancient One sat down to judge.
His clothing was as white as snow,
his hair like purest wool.
He sat on a fiery throne
with wheels of blazing fire,
10 and a river of fire was pouring out,
flowing from his presence.
Millions of angels ministered to him;
many millions stood to attend him.
Then the court began its session,
and the books were opened.

11 I continued to watch because I could hear the little horn’s boastful speech. I kept watching until the fourth beast was killed and its body was destroyed by fire. 12 The other three beasts had their authority taken from them, but they were allowed to live a while longer.

13 As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, honor, and sovereignty over all the nations of the world, so that people of every race and nation and language would obey him. His rule is eternal—it will never end. His kingdom will never be destroyed.

The Vision Is Explained
15 I, Daniel, was troubled by all I had seen, and my visions terrified me. 16 So I approached one of those standing beside the throne and asked him what it all meant. He explained it to me like this: 17 “These four huge beasts represent four kingdoms that will arise from the earth. 18 But in the end, the holy people of the Most High will be given the kingdom, and they will rule forever and ever.”

19 Then I wanted to know the true meaning of the fourth beast, the one so different from the others and so terrifying. It had devoured and crushed its victims with iron teeth and bronze claws, trampling their remains beneath its feet. 20 I also asked about the ten horns on the fourth beast’s head and the little horn that came up afterward and destroyed three of the other horns. This horn had seemed greater than the others, and it had human eyes and a mouth that was boasting arrogantly. 21 As I watched, this horn was waging war against God’s holy people and was defeating them, 22 until the Ancient One—the Most High—came and judged in favor of his holy people. Then the time arrived for the holy people to take over the kingdom.

23 Then he said to me, “This fourth beast is the fourth world power that will rule the earth. It will be different from all the others. It will devour the whole world, trampling and crushing everything in its path. 24 Its ten horns are ten kings who will rule that empire. Then another king will arise, different from the other ten, who will subdue three of them. 25 He will defy the Most High and oppress the holy people of the Most High. He will try to change their sacred festivals and laws, and they will be placed under his control for a time, times, and half a time.

26 “But then the court will pass judgment, and all his power will be taken away and completely destroyed. 27 Then the sovereignty, power, and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be given to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will last forever, and all rulers will serve and obey him.”

28 That was the end of the vision. I, Daniel, was terrified by my thoughts and my face was pale with fear, but I kept these things to myself.
Profound!Get bumps

Id like to have a more in depth conversation about this with someone as i believe we are in the end times and have been for a couple hundred years.

Yes I think from long time ago we are in "the End of times".But all people see this fast transformation-changin weather,pandemy and social turmoil.

I wanted to invite everyone in this thread to join in my new daily verse of the day thread and discussion.

Oh...that's great!"Search the Truth and it shall be free".....not sure how is written in the Bible on english......but u know what i mean.Peace for all🙏☮️👍

I've noticed over time browsing this forum, that it is mostly filled with negativity about certain religions and spirituality, so I would like to make a thread for bible verses that I find uplifting and inspiring. Not a lot of discussion between actual practicers of spirituality or religion.

I don't think you need to be a practicing Christian to find some wisdom in scripture... I don't consider myself any particular denomination, but I have read the entire bible and look at it frequently for inspiration. Despite everything, at the end of the day I have faith that things are beyond my control and in the hands of a higher power, and I believe that higher power is God. And I try my best to follow the simple golden rule and important commandments, to 'love thy neighbor' and to 'love God'.

If you are a Christian or a reader of the bible, feel free to post some verses here you like or have philosophical discussions about your faith. I will post my first verse in the comments.

This thread is not meant to be a debate thread, or a place to criticize Christianity. Any posts like that will be deleted as off-
“I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I've noticed over time browsing this forum, that it is mostly filled with negativity about certain religions and spirituality, so I would like to make a thread for bible verses that I find uplifting and inspiring. Not a lot of discussion between actual practicers of spirituality or religion.

I don't think you need to be a practicing Christian to find some wisdom in scripture... I don't consider myself any particular denomination, but I have read the entire bible and look at it frequently for inspiration. Despite everything, at the end of the day I have faith that things are beyond my control and in the hands of a higher power, and I believe that higher power is God. And I try my best to follow the simple golden rule and important commandments, to 'love thy neighbor' and to 'love God'.

If you are a Christian or a reader of the bible, feel free to post some verses here you like or have philosophical discussions about your faith. I will post my first verse in the comments.

This thread is not meant to be a debate thread, or a place to criticize Christianity. Any posts like that will be deleted as off-topic.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬-‭14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Ecclesiasties 1:2

"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

On a side note i am a bit of a biblical scholar. Not because i ever believed any of the fairy tale for a moment, but more so out of an appreciation of the poetry and philosophy. Moreso the old testament. The writing is far prettier.
Hey man...that's quotes are from Eclessiast?Hard to believe....In my language is sounded-all is vanity....vut as i think the principle is the same.....to do something in vain....it's not easy to understand all on english....the essence of the Holy Book is the same......I even get hardship to understood in church-slavik.....and I learn to read on it in the cell(monastery)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬-‭14‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I truly love this scripture it has been my life verse
I truly believe when we seek God with all our hearts we will find Him.
The bible also says He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him with all their heart.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ~ So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
All that unseen to us. Just makes me wonder.... :unsure:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

New International Version

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a]of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Leviticus 18:22-30 KJV​

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: and the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you: (for all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled that the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you. For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

Just to be clear, I posted this to show the questionable morals of the bullshit holy book known as the bible, not because I’m a homophobic Christian.

Last edited:

Matthew 5:17

King James Version

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Luke 16:18​

“Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from herhusband committeth adultery.”

King James Version (KJV)

Sounds like alot of remarried Christians got some splainin to do like lucille ball.

Isaiah 3:16-17

King James Version

16 Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:
17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lordwill discover their secret parts.

Damn this god is a nasty vengeful prick. You guys actually like this fuckin guy?? Why??

I prefer this version. This is a very old prophecy which likely already came to pass when the diaspora occurred.

Adonai rises to accuse, he stands to judge the peoples. Adonai presents the indictment against the leaders and officers of his people: “It is you who devour the vineyard; in your houses is plunder taken from the poor. What do you mean by crushing my people and grinding down the faces of the poor?” says Adonai Elohim-Tzva’ot. Moreover Adonai says: “Because Tziyon’s women are so proud, walking with their heads in the air and throwing seductive glances, moving with mincing steps and jingling their anklets — Adonai will strike the crown of the heads of Tziyon’s women with sores, and Adonai will expose their private parts.” On that day Adonai will take away their finery — their anklets, medallions and crescents, their pendants, bracelets and veils; their headbands, armlets, sashes, perfume bottles, amulets, rings and nose-jewels; their fine dresses, wraps, shawls, handbags, gauze scarves, linen underclothes, turbans and capes. Then, there will be instead of perfume, a stench; instead of a belt, a rope; instead of well-set hair, a shaved scalp; instead of a rich robe, a sackcloth skirt; and a slave-brand instead of beauty. Your men will fall by the sword and your warriors in battle. Her gates will lament and mourn; ravaged, she will sit on the ground.
Yesha 'yahu (Isa) 3:13‭-‬26 CJB