• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

deficiT's bible study

I've noticed over time browsing this forum, that it is mostly filled with negativity about certain religions and spirituality, so I would like to make a thread for bible verses that I find uplifting and inspiring. Not a lot of discussion between actual practicers of spirituality or religion.

I don't think you need to be a practicing Christian to find some wisdom in scripture... I don't consider myself any particular denomination, but I have read the entire bible and look at it frequently for inspiration. Despite everything, at the end of the day I have faith that things are beyond my control and in the hands of a higher power, and I believe that higher power is God. And I try my best to follow the simple golden rule and important commandments, to 'love thy neighbor' and to 'love God'.

If you are a Christian or a reader of the bible, feel free to post some verses here you like or have philosophical discussions about your faith. I will post my first verse in the comments.

This thread is not meant to be a debate thread, or a place to criticize Christianity. Any posts like that will be deleted as off-topic.
I'm spiritual but think the Bible should be taken metaphorically I mean if you actually believe female s were made from man's rib and disregard eveloution even with fossil evidence then that's retarded not to say you can't believe in God just dont take the Bible as the word of God as it's was written by man

Hebrews 10:12

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;"

All we have to do is try. If I am god... then it would be great to be closer to myself. If we are god; I wanna get closer to yall.

I'm spiritual but think the Bible should be taken metaphorically I mean if you actually believe female s were made from man's rib and disregard eveloution even with fossil evidence then that's retarded not to say you can't believe in God just dont take the Bible as the word of God as it's was written by man
Yeah, I don't take the bible literally.

Well it's just take one sentence to see that's it's so low down that 2 or 1000 pages doesn't change the fact that makes you wanna toss the book, for all that got inspired that book to acomplish what they tought was their destiny...

No writing is bad in and of itself. It is the individual who is responsible to take something away that helps one grow. Fuck, I have learned more from lies than I have "truth".
This book has been used forever to enslave mfs but that does not mean that the writing(s) are garbage... only that the masses are kept too stupid to think for themselves.
Just more opinions.

Gen 1
2) Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

See... we hover... we dont "fly".

Someone needs to inform the NSA that they should concentrate on hovering techniques a little more.

I've always loved the Old Testament.

The New Testament has been beaten to death (no pun intended). I'm totally numb to the crucifixion story. It's like if you show someone Hellraiser 400 times. It's only really scary the first time, unless you're a child or you're on acid or something. They nailed him to a cross, blah blah blah.

I like Jesus, don't get me wrong. It just feels like the New Testament is one story whereas the OT is the creation of the universe and Moses and the devil and Job.

I'm very fond of religion, but I'm not religious. I've read a lot of ancient texts and the Bible stands out as a masterpiece, People who don't see the value in it either haven't read a lot of stuff from thousands of years ago or religion is obscuring them.

I don't like reading Shakespeare very much. In fact, I hate it. It doesn't speak to me. It feels foreign... But there are numerous religious texts that still hold up to this day. It's definitely easy to take that for granted, since we have Netflix and Disney and Amazon Prime at our fingertips.

I love Job and Isaiah, but there's so much gold in the Old Testament. It's hard to know where to begin. I also like Solomon and Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Genesis & Ezekiel.

There's a lot of beautiful poetry in both OT & NT.

There is also poetry in the Quran, but (the same way people do with Christianity) I find it very difficult to see anything good when it comes to Islam.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, NIV)

Job’s Eighth Speech: A Response to Eliphaz
23 Then Job spoke again:

2 “My complaint today is still a bitter one,
and I try hard not to groan aloud.
3 If only I knew where to find God,
I would go to his court.
4 I would lay out my case
and present my arguments.
5 Then I would listen to his reply
and understand what he says to me.
6 Would he use his great power to argue with me?
No, he would give me a fair hearing.
7 Honest people can reason with him,
so I would be forever acquitted by my judge.
8 I go east, but he is not there.
I go west, but I cannot find him.
9 I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden.
I look to the south, but he is concealed.

10 “But he knows where I am going.
And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.
11 For I have stayed on God’s paths;
I have followed his ways and not turned aside.
12 I have not departed from his commands,
but have treasured his words more than daily food.
13 But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind?
Whatever he wants to do, he does.
14 So he will do to me whatever he has planned.
He controls my destiny.
15 No wonder I am so terrified in his presence.
When I think of it, terror grips me.
16 God has made me sick at heart;
the Almighty has terrified me.
17 Darkness is all around me;
thick, impenetrable darkness is everywhere.

24 Job Asks Why the Wicked Are Not Punished

“Why doesn’t the Almighty bring the wicked to judgment?
Why must the godly wait for him in vain?
2 Evil people steal land by moving the boundary markers.
They steal livestock and put them in their own pastures.
3 They take the orphan’s donkey
and demand the widow’s ox as security for a loan.
4 The poor are pushed off the path;
the needy must hide together for safety.
5 Like wild donkeys in the wilderness,
the poor must spend all their time looking for food,
searching even in the desert for food for their children.
6 They harvest a field they do not own,
and they glean in the vineyards of the wicked.
7 All night they lie naked in the cold,
without clothing or covering.
8 They are soaked by mountain showers,
and they huddle against the rocks for want of a home.

9 “The wicked snatch a widow’s child from her breast,
taking the baby as security for a loan.
10 The poor must go about naked, without any clothing.
They harvest food for others while they themselves are starving.
11 They press out olive oil without being allowed to taste it,
and they tread in the winepress as they suffer from thirst.
12 The groans of the dying rise from the city,
and the wounded cry for help,
yet God ignores their moaning.

13 “Wicked people rebel against the light.
They refuse to acknowledge its ways
or stay in its paths.
14 The murderer rises in the early dawn
to kill the poor and needy;
at night he is a thief.
15 The adulterer waits for the twilight,
saying, ‘No one will see me then.’
He hides his face so no one will know him.
16 Thieves break into houses at night
and sleep in the daytime.
They are not acquainted with the light.
17 The black night is their morning.
They ally themselves with the terrors of the darkness.

18 “But they disappear like foam down a river.
Everything they own is cursed,
and they are afraid to enter their own vineyards.
19 The grave consumes sinners
just as drought and heat consume snow.
20 Their own mothers will forget them.
Maggots will find them sweet to eat.
No one will remember them.
Wicked people are broken like a tree in the storm.
21 They cheat the woman who has no son to help her.
They refuse to help the needy widow.

22 “God, in his power, drags away the rich.
They may rise high, but they have no assurance of life.
23 They may be allowed to live in security,
but God is always watching them.
24 And though they are great now,
in a moment they will be gone like all others,
cut off like heads of grain.
25 Can anyone claim otherwise?
Who can prove me wrong?”

Stop trusting in man, who has but breath in his nostrils.

(Isaiah, 2:22)

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

(Psalms - 34:18 ; 119:105 ; 91:4)

I've noticed over time browsing this forum, that it is mostly filled with negativity about certain religions and spirituality, so I would like to make a thread for bible verses that I find uplifting and inspiring. Not a lot of discussion between actual practicers of spirituality or religion.

I don't think you need to be a practicing Christian to find some wisdom in scripture... I don't consider myself any particular denomination, but I have read the entire bible and look at it frequently for inspiration. Despite everything, at the end of the day I have faith that things are beyond my control and in the hands of a higher power, and I believe that higher power is God. And I try my best to follow the simple golden rule and important commandments, to 'love thy neighbor' and to 'love God'.

If you are a Christian or a reader of the bible, feel free to post some verses here you like or have philosophical discussions about your faith. I will post my first verse in the comments.

This thread is not meant to be a debate thread, or a place to criticize Christianity. Any posts like that will be deleted as off-topic.
i cant remember, i think its John, that one about "if you bring forth what is within you, what is within you shall save you. but if you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth shall destroy you"

I honestly do think monotheism is a pile of dead squashed cockroaches, but that ^ is one of the dopest things ever inked i think.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: - Matthew 6:19-20

This is for @TripSitterNZ. Who I know is wise enough to let the Earthly rascals play around on the physical plane and think they have power and ownership all the while knowing it is more important to store treasures in Heaven. :) New world order or not there are things that others can not touch in us and it is clear as day that our temporary stay here is for us to change within, not change the world. The world can not be changed regardless of who thinks they can change it. It will always be duality. Day/Night Black/White, You/Me. etc...

Just a little something to put my Spirit at ease when I see power hungry people so misguided. :) Because with all the power people think the have they can not extend their life one moment more than the time they depart the Earth. That should be humbling.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth
and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor
rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: - Matthew 6:19-20

This is for @TripSitterNZ. Who I know is wise enough to let the Earthly rascals play around on the physical plane and think they have power and ownership all the while knowing it is more important to store treasures in Heaven. :) New world order or not there are things that others can not touch in us and it is clear as day that our temporary stay here is for us to change within, not change the world. The world can not be changed regardless of who thinks they can change it. It will always be duality. Day/Night Black/White, You/Me. etc...

Just a little something to put my Spirit at ease when I see power hungry people so misguided. :) Because with all the power people think the have they can not extend their life one moment more than the time they depart the Earth. That should be humbling.
Yeah man, I say to people how not even an apocalypse now could steal my soul.