• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

Personally I like LSD better, its always a cleaner, happier, more focused trip, that's like double the duration of a mushie trip. Plus shrooms tend to "play mind games" & fuck with your thought process, rather than giving you the sweet intense patterned visuals that acid tends to bring. I wont even eat more than 2 grams of mushrooms tops anymore anyways. Last time I ate a full single I just about lost it, & that ended that for me. Plus acid is a sweet drug to take with a few close buddies & just get deep into conversation. Like said above shrooms just take me to dark dark places & its rather un-enjoyable. And with LSD 2 hits is usually perfect for a nice trip! In most cases much cheaper than buying an eighth of boomers. I do enjoy either one of them mixed with some mdxx, lol candy or flower flips rock my fuckin world! Hope this helped a little man.

pretty much exactly how i feel too. lsd ftw.

lsd is the easiest psychedelic on the body.
the following is from owlsey the lsd chemist/wizard very enlightening about the composition of drugs.
http://island.org/news/Owsleyinterview3.pdf

lsd seems to be more psychedelic meaning more mind manifesting than shrooms which always control me and not vice versa as on lsd.

LSD is like fucking zoom while mushrooms are always just like fucking boom! LSD also has so much vroom but without the explosive boom to it of mushrooms, like stated just an amazing zoom! So pretty much....wait you guys understand right?;)

I would deffinately have to say I prefer a strong and I mean very strong shrooom tripto any acid trip. Just my two cents

Well... I find I always have to prepare mentally for a mushroom trip. They are really hard on me and I need atleast a week to mentally recover from the things I went through. Although it's more frightening then an acid trip alot of the time, the part's that are good are absolute bliss. So for me, if I want a DEEP trip, with a new perception on things I pick mushrooms, if I just want to have some fun, I'll take acid.

After my first/only shroom trip (1/8th) I cried for about a week. After everyone of my 9 LSD trips I smiled for about a week. not to say I didnt enjoy my shrooms trip, it just gave my ego a thrashing that I was not prepared for.

I think when comparing trips of the two you have to consider several things. I find mushrooms to be more archaic like your reaching really far back in time and connecting with ancient rites of passage(assuming your taking a sufficient dose). LSD is more like you see right through time into the realm of no-thingness. if your trying to connect with nature mushrooms in a forest or national park setting camping trip is definitely the way to go, and is definitely an amazing trip. As for LSD i find that its is best in a more secure setting close to home, close to your creature comforts. for a casual trip i find shrooms more fun, just exploring the woods and enjoying nature is great. But for a high dose psychedelic (mind manifesting) powerful trip I prefer LSD i like the self control you gain, I've realized i was god on lsd sooo thats hard to beat. Mushrooms i dont feel the ability to think its like an entity takes over my mind and shows me secrets. Both are great but if i were given the choice to only choose one for the rest of my life, LSD would be it.

- Hangover/day after: mild to severe on LSD

If you take Clean LSD it has zero hangover effects. If you feel hungover, it's either from sleep deprivation, or because it was a dirty dose. I've dosed over 30 times, trust me when I tell you when you get clean stuff, you don't feel hungover at all. The only effect I felt was tiredness from lack of sleep simply because I couldn't sleep, or wouldn't allow myself to sleep.

Good LSD has no "hang over", in fact I question whether or not you have ever used LSD. Probably some research chemical.

^ "Hangovers" are very subjective and vary from individual to individual. He could be talking about the "fried" feeling that often comes after psychedelics, as in general I've seen this reported less from 4-sub tryptamines, and in my experiences with 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT, rather than being left feeling cloudy or "fried", I actually feel like my cognitive abilities have been enhanced - as with my visual abilities (my visual impairment goes down a little) :)

There's also sleep deprivation as you said, or simple dehydration which is the biggest hangover cause for almost all drugs (alcohol included) imo :)

The only time I've felt fried, is when I had something that I could tell wasn't LSD. But then again, how do we really know we are taking LSD? You never really know for sure. I have however taken liquid from a set of vials that was so clean, so pure it had to be the real thing. It was so clean feeling, it felt so natural and beautiful that I felt no hangover or fried feeling, and it was the largest dose I ever took in my life.

Again, the only time I've felt fried is when I took something that was dirty, or wasn't LSD at all...or at least I like to tihnk it wasn't LSD. Usually it feels like I've been awake for 2 or 3 days, when you're eyes are tired but you feel wide awake, you have that weird stomach feeling, almost like it's rumbling but it's not. It's a terrible feeling, really.

LSD has absolutely no hangover, assuming you are dosing LSD and not DOC, or dirty lucy.

I have taken doses of up to 13 hits in a night, with no "hangover".

^ I'm not sure about the 'up for 24 hours' thing if it's actually LSD. Usually unless you dose a huge amount you can get to sleep 12 hours after dropping.

That said, any stimulating drug has a hangover. LSD certainly does. You may have an afterglow but the experience is very exhausting and you do feel it the next day. The day after a trip you usually take it easy. You might not feel sick like an alcohol hangover, but you're likely to be tired.

Yeah, I have a hard time falling asleep after a heavy dose of Cid. Not even so much me having a hard time as me not wanting to go to sleep yet because I still feel a little of the mental glow from the trip. I always notice my body gets fatigued and my bones feel tired, I hate that feeling you get from sleep deprivation.

Mushrooms > acid.
Acid is good and all, but its the duration that fries my head I think at least, i just cannot sleep on it.

Mescaline and mushrooms however treat me nicely and dont hurt my head.

Mushrooms I don't really enjoy as I either see everything too clearly and find everything uninteresting and others rather stupid so I get antisocial, or way too fucked up and confused to the point where I don't enjoy my experience until the comedown. Acid on the other hand is much funner and I can have that sense of mental clarity with a energetic intoxication which makes it much more drug like for me.

But yea the sleep sucks, I hate it when you can be trying to sleep and think and see everything way too perfect to the point where it isn't fun, thoughts occur almost spontaneous and to be honest I can fall asleep better on meth than acid.