• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

I find that people are more likely to swing to one pretty drastically over the other, it is very hard for me to find acid so I often do mushrooms more and every time is almost as though I want to give them another chance but they really don't have much to offer me. I can almost think of it as a relationship where we often both have egos that butt heads until one wins over the other. This struggle can make the experience much more introspective and personal problem solving, often times I feel as though the peak is a point where I lose understanding of the universe and slowly as I come down I piece it all together again and all seems perfect and have gained an understanding about something that I could not think past.

Acid on the other hand lets me go deep down and skip past mental processes, to be honest you could picture it as the evil scientist type way where reality is almost too obvious and people are so easy to manipulate. But at the same time have a very friendly aspect almost comparable to MDMA.

I like them both but I prefer Acid, for sure. I find mushrooms to be a somewhat "darker" trip than acid which is usually very bright and giddy and slightly more forgiving. I've never had a bad trip on acid but I've had a couple on mushrooms. I find that my thoughts can spiral out of control a lot faster on mushrooms. I also prefer the more boundless hallucinations of acid as compared to the sort of same pattern every time hallucinations I get from mushrooms. It's always the same, sort of Aztec pattern layered over everything. And finally, music on acid is sooooo much better than music on mushrooms. Music on mushrooms is like music sober compared to music on acid.

In my opinion, i like LSD better they feel more clean and dont mind fuck you like mushies. I love the kaelidoscope pattern visuals i see on the lucy, unlike the addidas like pattern on mushies dont get me wrong i still love mushies though they just have a more intense body high and mind fuck to me amd are always way more intense TO ME, IN MY OPINION, whatever just stating that so noone goes off on me haha

If I had to choose just one that I could have forever over one I could never have again mushrooms would win hands down.

i favor lsd because i can store it longer, hold/store more quanities in my possesion at once without looking suspect, it also has a longer duration so i get more tripping time in the end. i have took both enough times and in high enough doses in excellent settings to learn that they both have the capability to scare the shit out of you equally the same and make you piece your ego back together(i know this doesnt happen to everyone but ime you cant say it doesnt cause you never know when it will kind of like playing russian roulette ime) but they still have there own unique flavors.

also for me with lsd i have more of a hangover and there is a period at the end of the trip where i cant sleep well, sometimes i do sleep like a baby but its only been a couple times on lower doses.

mushrooms leave me feeling more clean like if i didnt trip at all somtimes i have to really remind myself what happend, although the trip itself with mushrooms can be alot more negative drivin more often than with lsd ime. they go both ways i love both lsd and mushrooms both very enjoyable/rewarding ime.

Hi... Mushrooms vs LSD
You know, if instead of mushrooms it were mescaline vs LSD-25, Aldous Huxley already said it all...

The great writer/philsopher Aldous Huxley tried both of them as they became available. If all you want is the quick version, please go to Wikipedia and look up The Doors of Perception. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_of_Perception
Huxley wrote THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION in 1954. He thought that the mescaline had allowed him to see reality for the first time.
Then, a year later, Huxley got hold of Sandoz pharmaceutical LSD made by the creator of LSD, Albert Hoffman.
LSD-25 blew Huxley's socks off!
The Huxley accounts are interesting for 2 reasons. 1) Few people had preconceived ideas of what to expect back then from these drugs. They had not yet been endlessly debated in magazines like TIME and LIFE. The Beatles had not made Sgt Peppers yet, and The Doors - named after Huxley's book about his mescaline trip, were still 10 years away from Lighting My Fire! The cultural canvas was a blank canvas.

The second reason that Huxley's accounts are so important is this: we KNOW THE MAN GOT THE REAL DEAL! Hell LSD was not even illegal until 1969. The Harvard Psychedelic Club all used Sandoz acid.

Right behind Aldous Huxley there was Dr Tim Leary. He started experimenting with mushrooms and later on he tried Sandoz LSD-25. Wikipedia states:

DEA agents Howard Safir (left) and Don Strange (right) with Leary in custody (1972).Dr. Timothy Leary, a lecturer in psychology at Harvard University, was the most prominent pro-LSD researcher. Leary claimed that using LSD with the right dosage, set (what one brings to the experience), and setting, preferably with the guidance of professionals, could alter behavior in dramatic and beneficial ways.

Dr. Leary began conducting experiments with psilocybin in 1960 on himself and a number of Harvard graduate students after trying hallucinogenic mushrooms used in Native American religious rituals while visiting Mexico. His group began conducting experiments on state prisoners, where they claimed a 90% success rate preventing repeat offenses. Later reexamination of Leary's data reveals his results to be skewed, whether intentionally or not; the percent of men in the study who ended up back in prison later in life was approximately 2% lower than the usual rate.
Leary was later introduced to LSD, and he then incorporated that drug into his research as his mental catalyst of choice. Leary claimed that his experiments produced no murders, suicides, psychotic breaks, or bad trips. On the contrary, almost all of Leary's participants reported profound mystical experiences which they felt had a tremendous positive effect on their lives.

So you see, at least with classical psychedelics, LSD beat everything else hands down!

Hi... Mushrooms vs LSD
You know, if instead of mushrooms it were mescaline vs LSD-25, Aldous Huxley already said it all...

The great writer/philsopher Aldous Huxley tried both of them as they became available. If all you want is the quick version, please go to Wikipedia and look up The Doors of Perception. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_of_Perception
Huxley wrote THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION in 1954. He thought that the mescaline had allowed him to see reality for the first time.
Then, a year later, Huxley got hold of Sandoz pharmaceutical LSD made by the creator of LSD, Albert Hoffman.
LSD-25 blew Huxley's socks off!
The Huxley accounts are interesting for 2 reasons. 1) Few people had preconceived ideas of what to expect back then from these drugs. They had not yet been endlessly debated in magazines like TIME and LIFE. The Beatles had not made Sgt Peppers yet, and The Doors - named after Huxley's book about his mescaline trip, were still 10 years away from Lighting My Fire! The cultural canvas was a blank canvas.

The second reason that Huxley's accounts are so important is this: we KNOW THE MAN GOT THE REAL DEAL! Hell LSD was not even illegal until 1969. The Harvard Psychedelic Club all used Sandoz acid.

Right behind Aldous Huxley there was Dr Tim Leary. He started experimenting with mushrooms and later on he tried Sandoz LSD-25. Wikipedia states:

DEA agents Howard Safir (left) and Don Strange (right) with Leary in custody (1972).Dr. Timothy Leary, a lecturer in psychology at Harvard University, was the most prominent pro-LSD researcher. Leary claimed that using LSD with the right dosage, set (what one brings to the experience), and setting, preferably with the guidance of professionals, could alter behavior in dramatic and beneficial ways.

Dr. Leary began conducting experiments with psilocybin in 1960 on himself and a number of Harvard graduate students after trying hallucinogenic mushrooms used in Native American religious rituals while visiting Mexico. His group began conducting experiments on state prisoners, where they claimed a 90% success rate preventing repeat offenses. Later reexamination of Leary's data reveals his results to be skewed, whether intentionally or not; the percent of men in the study who ended up back in prison later in life was approximately 2% lower than the usual rate.
Leary was later introduced to LSD, and he then incorporated that drug into his research as his mental catalyst of choice. Leary claimed that his experiments produced no murders, suicides, psychotic breaks, or bad trips. On the contrary, almost all of Leary's participants reported profound mystical experiences which they felt had a tremendous positive effect on their lives.

So you see, at least with classical psychedelics, LSD beat everything else hands down!

What a bunch of crap.

Every person is different, every experience is different, and with something like mushrooms, an organic substance combining many different chemicals and active components that varies in potency between species, between flushes, between geographic location, the variables are endless.

Also, someone with a childhood filled with wonder about technology, robots, machines, cars, rocketships etc is probably going to prefer LSD but a kid whose fantasys, dreams, games and imagination was filled with fairys, trolls, hobbits and dragons is probably going to prefer mushrooms.

If the thread was entitled "Pure tested and verified LSd 25 versus Straight molecular lab created psilocybin" then we could maybe come a little closer to a rational debate but the general unpredictability of so many factors with both substances makes it hard to draw any solid conclusions.

LSD has certain advantages over mushrooms no doubt but I think mushrooms are so much better. They can take you to places that LSD just can't.

LSD=SHROOMS

I value them both equally.... Maybe shrooms even more..

Although I think I have learned a hell of a lot more on mushrooms than acid.

So perhaps I like shrooms more.
And they are natural. That's always a plus.
but acid is still really fucking cool.
I love both mushrooms and acid... but probably mushrooms more.
If I can pick it off the ground and eat it and trip and see the universe and have ego deaths and shit, thats' as natural as it comes. Mushrooms win.
I still love acid dearly though.
always will.

they both kick serious ass.
shrooms and acid are two of my favorite things on the planet.
there is other things I really like and love of course, but good shrooms and LSD are so much fun. All you need to add with them is good friends. Sometimes not even that, but it's preferred to increase the fun.

Acid feels really good in your body and so does mushrooms.
It's a really hard choice.

If somebody stood in front of me and asked which one I wanted I would chose both and go romp in the forest.

What a bunch of crap.

Every person is different, every experience is different, and with something like mushrooms, an organic substance combining many different chemicals and active components that varies in potency between species, between flushes, between geographic location, the variables are endless.

Also, someone with a childhood filled with wonder about technology, robots, machines, cars, rocketships etc is probably going to prefer LSD but a kid whose fantasys, dreams, games and imagination was filled with fairys, trolls, hobbits and dragons is probably going to prefer mushrooms.

If the thread was entitled "Pure tested and verified LSd 25 versus Straight molecular lab created psilocybin" then we could maybe come a little closer to a rational debate but the general unpredictability of so many factors with both substances makes it hard to draw any solid conclusions.
I tend to side with Webby Kevvy on these types of things.

If be all, end all, I had to decide forever...
I'd go with the fungus.
Simply because a natural mushroom can be as good as a man made acid tab as far as potency.
Natural is the way to go if you can.
Mushrooms are greater than LSD with less effort. Mushrooms just "be" while acid had to be "made" and people had to be paranoid making it etc etc.

The earth can get you as high as any lab you can build. that's quite a powerful conclusion.
I believe any smart joe should go the natural route more often if preferred and possible.

but I still <3 acid forever and shrooms too even though I get my ass kicked by both.
I think shrooms win even though acid is going to kill me for saying that. hahahahaha

Last edited:
LSD=SHROOMS

I value them both equally.... Maybe shrooms even more..

Although I think I have learned a hell of a lot more on mushrooms than acid.

So perhaps I like shrooms more.
And they are natural. That's always a plus.
but acid is still really fucking cool.
I love both mushrooms and acid... but probably mushrooms more.
If I can pick it off the ground and eat it and trip and see the universe and have ego deaths and shit, thats' as natural as it comes. Mushrooms win.
I still love acid dearly though.
always will.

they both kick serious ass.
shrooms and acid are two of my favorite things on the planet.
there is other things I really like and love of course, but good shrooms and LSD are so much fun. All you need to add with them is good friends. Sometimes not even that, but it's preferred to increase the fun.

Acid feels really good in your body and so does mushrooms.
It's a really hard choice.

If somebody stood in front of me and asked which one I wanted I would chose both and go romp in the forest.

I tend to side with Webby Kevvy on these types of things.

If be all, end all, I had to decide forever...
I'd go with the fungus.
Simply because a natural mushroom can be as good as a man made acid tab as far as potency.
Natural is the way to go if you can.
Mushrooms are greater than LSD with less effort. Mushrooms just "be" while acid had to be "made" and people had to be paranoid making it etc etc.

The earth can get you as high as any lab you can build. that's quite a powerful conclusion.
I believe any smart joe should go the natural route more often if preferred and possible.

but I still <3 acid forever and shrooms too even though I get my ass kicked by both.
I think shrooms win even though acid is going to kill me for saying that. hahahahaha
I very much approve of long rambling circular thinking!

I'll vote for DMT.

Nah you circularly read it. lol
Seriously though:
I've felt the spirit of the world on shrooms.
I haven't done that on acid.

that's why I pick mushrooms.

DMT scares the hell out of me and wasn't listed in the OP so I won't go there.

Last edited:
Wow! I am so surprised that you guys disagree with me! Chances are that anyone under 40 (at least in America) has NEVER had real LSD-25. In my experience, the only thing that has come close to the classic LSD-25, death and resurrection, is about an ounce of very well made salvia divinorum liquid extract.
But maybe it's the intent that makes the difference.... Altho I did sometimes take acid at rock concerts, most of the time I was in a room by myself, and spent the next few hours in a state of bliss and loss of ego and personal identity that rivaled anything said of Christian mystics or Zen Masters.
And - this is to webbykevin, for you to dismiss my experiences and those of others as a "load of crap" is like somebody who is tone deaf saying that all music is a bunch of noise. I'm sorry that you have never had the genuine article.

I still have yet to do a high dose of what I know to be certainly LSD-25, mainly because almost every time i'm not 100% certain it is LSD-25.

I have done shrooms at doses up to 5 grams and think they are wonderful but 4-aco-DMT and DMT can get you farther IMO

I'm assuming the same with LSD but I have yet to try the 1mg dose I have on my bucket list

And - this is to webbykevin, for you to dismiss my experiences and those of others as a "load of crap" is like somebody who is tone deaf saying that all music is a bunch of noise. I'm sorry that you have never had the genuine article.

Yeh right, I'm approaching 50 my old son, lived in europe, the usa, asia, been around the alternative community for over 30 of those years, you believe whatever gets you off pal but I know my acid.

Ya I'm pretty sure I had some of the good shit flowing around back in the 90's when it fired back up real big. Geltabs and sugar cubes and blotters of all types. It was all over.
Just had some nice mellow LSD the other night not long ago too. There is real shit going around somewhere.

I remember the black pyramids. Those were nice.

I feel like acid helps me understand my own thought patterns better, while mushrooms help me explore my connection to the world around me more. For me, acid is more analytical, while shrooms are more emotional.

When I was younger mushrooms felt much milder and more recreational, while acid was a heavier experience, but now that has almost entirely switched. I'm not really sure why that is. Personally, I could see a time where I retire LSD use, but will probably use mushrooms atleast once a year or more for the rest of my life.

Shit if I make it to 90 y/o and I'm still a gumpy ol bastard feel free to dose me a good 'ol school acid tab lol couldn't hurt. I'd give real LSD to my grandma. She'd be fine.
Shrooms I dunno she might flip out lol
I might have caught my mom coming home on acid once lol she couldn't stop laughing I bet she was fryin' balls. she'd never admit that shit in a million years. Just how she is.
lol I gave dad a hit of LSD the other day and he's blind. He drank a beer and passed out all happy went to sleep and woke up later and played his guitar.

Last edited:
Lsd vs mushrooms?

I know the two are constantly being compared, so why not compare them here?
I've done both acid and mushrooms. I have more experience with acid.

ACID / LSD :
`I feel like I can control myself better then when i'm shrooming.
`I feel like my visuals revolve around one constant pattern.
`You spend alot of time 'in your head.'
This may not be true for everyone but I have to take at least 3 tabs to get decent visuals.
Acid feels chemically to me. It doesn't feel natural, it almost feels forced.

Shrooms :
'I feel like I'm a child again, I can't control myself at all. I can't shroom in public for this reason.
'My visuals are usually pretty intense, but I always come up with some sort of reason why i'm seeing whatever it is that i'm seeing. Thinking is difficult when i'm shrooming balls, I have a hard time thinking logically. The explinations for visuals are like math problems. You just /know/ them.
'Shrooms feel so much more natural and you feel connected to the earth more so then acid.

'Acid is fun even when you're the only one tripping.
'Shrooms are better when used with a group of people. I hated shrooming by myself.

If we are talking about regular use then i prefer shrooms, i can take a small dose of shrooms and be content and go out with people who are normal and except for my huge pupils and laughing at everything, noone notices. I love LSD, but i couldnt take it everyday because it leaves me feeling fucked like 48 hours after and the comedown is shitty, and mild doses of LSD just leave me wanting more. LSD i prefer for a long rave where i know i dont have any responsibilitys the next few days, but in an everyday situation shrooms are better, i can just go to sleep 6-8 hours after a strong dose and get up feeling fine the next morning.

Acid does have a wierd effect on me following a night of hard tripping. Sometimes I get a little sad because I know that i'm back to the real world.
A day after shrooming always leaves me feeling wonderfully about myself, and always gives me a new outlook on life.