• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

Hah, everyone is different I guess.

I do find LSD the more controllable of the 2, but that being said, mushrooms are something I'd rather do alone, if I take above 1gr. I'd rather take LSD with other people.
I like to trip alone on any substance I guess. But some I would also be willing to take with a group of people, but mushrooms are not in that category.

I much prefer LSD apart from the long duration. I just find it so lucid and clear. A drug that felt exactly the same as LSD but lasted for five or six hours and then immediately allowed you to sleep would be my holy grail. I'm not saying I don't enjoy mushrooms though, they are pretty awesome in their own right.

I think it's interesting how some people prefer one over the other.
It's got to have something to do with personality.

I much prefer LSD apart from the long duration. I just find it so lucid and clear. A drug that felt exactly the same as LSD but lasted for five or six hours and then immediately allowed you to sleep would be my holy grail. I'm not saying I don't enjoy mushrooms though, they are pretty awesome in their own right.

Maybe not allow you to sleep straight away. But for a duration like that I highly recommend sniffing 25C-NBOME or looking into the other NBOME chemicals. 25c did not carry as an intense headspace/headfuck but I rate it up there with acid/mushrooms unlike most psychedelics.

Only had a bad trip on acid once, and that was because it was dirty bad acid that made my bones hurt. Shrooms are another story. . .It's like 50/50 with those. But ones i grew myself always treated me kindly. Acid all the way IMO. It's just the fucking best thing ever created in the history of humanity. From a scientist's hands to your brain can't beat that.

There is a difference in batch quality with both that can influence the trip as well. I have had some shroom trips as some of my favorites as well as acid trips. Shrooms are more people friendly if that matters to some people. Shrooms really go well with outdoor trips in the rain as there is a nice connection there. Acid has a headspace and articulate CEV's that I like, like super slow motion while with shrooms it is often the contrary, with very fast moving CEV's . I like both, just depends on setting and activities.

Maybe not allow you to sleep straight away. But for a duration like that I highly recommend sniffing 25C-NBOME or looking into the other NBOME chemicals. 25c did not carry as an intense headspace/headfuck but I rate it up there with acid/mushrooms unlike most psychedelics.

I agree with this, but for me 25i NBOMe is the one I recommend. Perhaps 25C, but I have yet to reach the proper level with that which can compare to the 25I. When nasal dripped ( and go with low doses here sub 1mg - no eyeballing etc) it came down quick and clean and I slept easily after, but not quite as easy as shrooms and the sleep wasn't as deep as shrooms. Shrooms are really nice that way, what else is like that? There are always meds to sleep, but that goes against the experience IMO.

I continuously smash into paradoxes of logic on LSD which always sends me into thought loops that spiral into infinity; which can make it difficult to enjoy whatever activity I'm involved in.

Mushrooms however seem to exacerbate the emotional aspect of my psyche and it doesn't become a questioning of a detail but moreso an understanding of the whole.

That's my brief and rather simplistic view of the two.. :)

acid v shrooms

Acids beats mushies big time,i pick shrooms every year but id give my third eye for good acid.The gorbachovs back in 1990 best trip i ever had and havnt seen good trips since the90s

acid can be fantastic, however i prefer the mushroom. more ominous, ruthless. as dark as things truly are. the TERRIBLE THINGS TO BE DISCOVERED

another thing that scares me, is the depersonalisation aspect of acid. i feel if i just kept dropping acid again and again, i would just become as passive as air, and just turn into nothingness, which scares me. whereas mushrooms make me louder, temporarily

Last edited:
lsd

Only bad trip i had was on shrooms but that was because of where i was.A pub,what was i thinking,the horror,somebody was having a party and i knockd over the birthday cake and that was it,hurtling along at 100mph on a stool,kind of ironic really.But acid always was laughs always,and i had a m8 in the dam who sent sheets over,gorbys,saddam husseins,ohms,batmen,loved it:)

For me I love LSD as it makes me feel like an elevated member of the "tribe" of every human who doesn't neccesarily know eachother, and hasn't neccesarily indulged in the psychedelic experience, but is part of the group of people on earth who are still filled with love and light and only want the good (even if sometimes they do bad). It makes me feel enlightened, and that I can guide my friends into the same light, and I feel this "alien" presence that I can only describe as spacemayans.

I get my L from someone who is very old and has been working for a long time, and he actually says that this is the best time for LSD since the 70's, even better then the 90's. Sure, their was way more L floating around in the 90s, but the xtal went from yellow/white to silver->needlepoint. I still hear though that since dielythamide is so hard to obtain, it isn't LSD-25 and the closest people are is ~98-99% rather then 100% which hoffman made, but I still think this could be an acidhead conspiracy theory. I've definitely had L though that showed me pure sacred geometry and the flower of life, crazy mathematical things like figuring out pi in our heads, seen the "all seeing eye" looking at us and observing us, and experiencing complete ego death. I've even felt that I got abducted and examined by an alien life form while my eyes were closed, it was these weird tentacle things that extracted all the information in my brain through my ears and eyes (similar to the 3d fractals I sometimes see on jungle spice DMT if this makes any sense) and when I opened my eyes again I felt the back of my neck and their were these spikes on it, but then when I felt again they were gone. Other insane things have happened such as watching myself literally dissapear in the mirror as if I were invisible, watching my friend transform into another person when they were his age and so on. So I think real LSD is still floating around, it's just rare to find. Real LSD is on the level as a low dose of oral DMT for me.

Mushrooms make me feel like I am one with the earth and an independent warrior. I love this feeling since i can feel the spirit of the earth and it is much more human and earthy then alien, but for me they make me isolated and seek to be alone all the time. A once in a while thing to balance my mind out, but the internal dialogue on mushrooms I go through can sometimes lead to dark places, and it always is for the better, but not as recreational.

I can't wait to try peyote.

I really hate having to dedicate an entire, sleepless day to LSD and then deal with 48 hours of spacey dysphoria. I'm not even sure it's worth it half of the time.

Mushrooms seem more forgiving in that aspect. You don't even need a day off to trip on mush. You can eat them and go to work the next day and feel loads better than the drunks with their hangovers.

They're just loads more convenient and there is definitely an amphetamine-type nature to LSD that turns me off. I think that's a huge part of the appeal for those who drop tabs but stimming isn't my thing, especially when it comes to having spiritual, wholesome experiences. The sedative nature of 4-aco-dmt is so much more attractive than LSD's massive energy that inevitably leads to a crash very similar to amphs, only lacking irritability.

P. Cubensis vs. LSD

Compare and contrast the two.
My first and only successful experience(200 morning glory seeds kept me awake all night but with almost no high) with a psychedelic drug was a few weeks ago with 3.5g of P. Cubensis.
I managed to obtain a chocolate containing 3.5g of P. Cubensis with a little bit of ginger and vanilla in it.. But long story short I ate the first half on an empty stomach, had pretty intense OEVs and CEVs and an amazing experience, and at the peak of the first half I ate the second half, but got put into a bad situation(lots of 'friends' that I did not want to be around) and had a panic attack that escalated into a bad trip and losing touch with what was real. I calmed my self down and managed to enjoy at least a little bit of the end of the second half of the 1/8th.
I have come to the conclusion that just going with the flow of the trip (as i tried to fight it and make it what i wanted it to be) will result in a much better experience with doses of 3.5g+

I do not know very much about acid, but I have heard that it is much more colorful, clear, and that you can somewhat mold it.
If I was to do acid what would be a good starting dose, and what should I expect? Is it all that its made out to be? And are you as emotionally unstable as you are on mushrooms?

I am 5'10 145lbs, but since I have only done mushrooms once, I do not know if I had a powerful chocolate, or if my tolerance is low. Although I'm guessing that it is a combination of both, considering that my dealer was very knowledgeable and not some sketchy dude just in it to make a buck.