Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the codeine that makes u sick man its the paracetamol or ibuprofen. Both make u feel nausea and ur body tries to reject it if uve taken too much.

On sum codeine now hehe it took a while for it to kick in but its nice 80mg gets me to where i want to be.

I doubt it. Like I said the extracts are fairly clean, and I didn't show any of the normal symptoms of a paracetemol overdose, or I would have sought medical treatment. Opiates are well known for causing nausea, why this particular one seems to have come to hate me is beyond me :/

Crankinit, I once vomitted hardcore the day after codeine on the way to work, I only filtered squeezing through a shirt and didn't use coffee filters. The solution was VERY cloudy and I drank it anyway, I noticed abdominal pain during the high and chalked up the abdominal pain and vomitting the next day to too much paracetamol getting through.

I am curious if you take any sort of antihistamine with your codeine? I have found them to reduce nausea significantly, I reccomend 25-50mg of doxylamine succinate (brand name 'restavit') which is an OTC sleeping aid. Best to take them 45 minutes to an hour before ingesting the codeine.

If you don't already use antihistamines then I highly reccomend giving them a go before writing off codeine. Before I started using them I always noted significant nausea and itchiness while using codeine, although I only actually vomitted that one time. When taking antihistamines the nausea is pretty much zero and the itching is signficantly reduced.

Bludda I have perfected my technique using panafen plus, and it does always come out very clear after filtering once through a shirt and then again through 2 coffee filters. I don't have a whole lot of experience with other brands to compare them but after this pack is done I am definately going to try extracting with some paracetamol based brands. I was not aware that a solution being "too clear" could be considered a bad thing?

Gaks? Man, I must be getting out of touch.8) Got no idea about the lingo. What's gaks?

Nah, there's definitely a metric BUTT-LOAD of codeine in the filtrate - I know the taste of opiates very well. Can also taste a bit of ibuprofen in there - and when taste tested against a similar amount of unfiltered water (150-200ml) that contains about 1000mg of ibuprofen, the taste is very similar - even though the filtrate with 400+mg of codeine is crystal clear. That's why I reckon that ibuprofen in otc medication (well, at least panafen plus) could actually be more soluble in water than pure chemical ibuprofen - whether because of additives or molecular variations.

Edit: ^ Response - I have traditionally only used panafen plus because is left a very clear filtrate and ibuprofen is supposedly less damaging that similar doses of paracetemol. Nurofen plus and chemist own brands never filter properly and they always taste like ibuprofen. Btw, I only use coffee filters and cold water

Crankinit, I once vomitted hardcore the day after codeine on the way to work, I only filtered squeezing through a shirt and didn't use coffee filters. The solution was VERY cloudy and I drank it anyway, I noticed abdominal pain during the high and chalked up the abdominal pain and vomitting the next day to too much paracetamol getting through.

I am curious if you take any sort of antihistamine with your codeine? I have found them to reduce nausea significantly, I reccomend 25-50mg of doxylamine succinate (brand name 'restavit') which is an OTC sleeping aid. Best to take them 45 minutes to an hour before ingesting the codeine.

If you don't already use antihistamines then I highly reccomend giving them a go before writing off codeine. Before I started using them I always noted significant nausea and itchiness while using codeine, although I only actually vomitted that one time. When taking antihistamines the nausea is pretty much zero and the itching is signficantly reduced.

Bludda I have perfected my technique using panafen plus, and it does always come out very clear after filtering once through a shirt and then again through 2 coffee filters. I don't have a whole lot of experience with other brands to compare them but after this pack is done I am definately going to try extracting with some paracetamol based brands. I was not aware that a solution being "too clear" could be considered a bad thing?

No I haven't, it's something I've considered though and if I ever end up using the drug again I'll definately try anti-histamines with it. Not sure if I can bring myself to even ingest it again though, just the thought of the stomach churning agony makes me shudder.

I would be VERY surprised if you tried the 'restavit' and were disappointed. Not only does it get rid of nausea and reduce the itching, its also worth mentioning that it does add sedation to the buzz aswell.

It would be a shame for you to write off codeine when a potential solution is merely an extra purchase at the chemist away.

I'll see, at the moment just the thought of that smell/taste is enough to make me gag, maybe in a month or two I'll give it a second shot. I'm not too bothered either way, I've had plenty of fun with the drug and can certainly live without it.

exact same reason i stopped with codeine & dihydrocodeine (the worst culprit). The nausea occured once my tolerance hit a certain level..........something I can definitely do without plus a nice cup of papaver tea goes down much better

fuck, i started the CWE but i cant find our coffee filter. is there any other way i can filter it? atm i just have the pills disolved in a glass of water. im going to put it into a small containter with some ice.

what can i filter it with? could i just put a thin cloth over another container and drain it through?

ok im well i didnt get a response so i went ahead with using just a cloth over a container. seems to be working. the water is currently semi-clear. im going to filter it a couple more times.

filtering is finished and i managed to get a decent clearish color. it wasnt see through liquid, but it only had a slight whitey color to it. downed it down, i think it was around 300-350mg of codeine.

I don't think a coffee filter is necessary. APAP is a fairly course substance, so a tight-knit cloth works quite well.

How I wish I had known about CWE in my teenage years. It would have saved me much damage.

yeh it seemed to work fine. i just poured the liquid bit by bit, and it just soaked through. each time i scraped off the sludge that was left and, repeat.

drank it down with some orange juice. i couldnt taste the foulness, but it didnt taste too bad.

this will be my first proper codeine experiance, see how it goes.

i did not feel a thing at all when i downed 14 of the tablets earlier today.

fuck, i started the CWE but i cant find our coffee filter. is there any other way i can filter it? atm i just have the pills disolved in a glass of water. im going to put it into a small containter with some ice.

what can i filter it with? could i just put a thin cloth over another container and drain it through?

No no no, as mrjackjones said you want a thick material with a tight knit that doesn't stretch. If you can hold it up to a light and see through it then it is too thin. To be safest filter through material first, then a coffee filter, especially if you're aiming at 300mg+ doses.

Stay safe :)

The Panafen Plus will be interesting to note in terms of yield... Previously the Chemist's Own round ones have come out on top. Nowadays they try to sell you the capsule shaped ones more often than not. Perhaps they're phasing out the round ones?

Capsule shaped ones tend not to dissolve as well, and are 9.6mg Codeine Phosphate. Round ones FTW in my opinion.

As for the process with ibuprofen based pills, is there anything I should be wary of? Aiming for about 400mg yield with this lot... AFAIK ibuprofen is less toxic to your liver in high doses than APAP/Paracetamol, but is by no means any less dangerous in the long run.

Filtration process will still be the same. Mix filter in shirt+coffee filter, wait 10 minutes, SQUEEZE, pour that liquid through 1 more coffee filter.

I am aware that the resulting filtrate will be possibly more cloudy than with the APAP preparations.

Last edited:
the capsule shape ones r fine , u just gota let em dissolve for ATLEAST 45 minutes

with the ibu , aslong as u aint using nuro plus , u shld be fine

that shit is useless imo

The capsule shaped ones work fine, but take longer to dissolve. If you're in a rush it helps to crush em first.

I did another CWE this time with 48 pills. This time it wasn't quite as clear. Used my procedure of letting first water drip through then washing it through with some more water.

Weight of filtrate = 32.34g is 0.9g less than total APAP and binders so I think I'm pretty safe with this procedure.

I guess there could still be some water in the filtrate so will let it dry for a few more days and weigh it again.

Last edited:
The liquid from the Panafen Plus extraction is quite white. If the solubilty of Ibuprofen is less than 1g per 100ml, and I used 150ml, I should therefore have only 1.5g maximum in my water, yes?

I used a piece of cloth, let some come through that and squeezed the liquid out in order to remove the bulk of the ibuprofen and binders. After this, I filtered the resulting liquid through 1 wet coffee filter, and noted that there was pretty much NOTHING left behind in the filter.

It is quite white, not clear and slightly cloudy like the APAP extractions I have performed in the past. This makes me apprehensive, however, being aware of the solubility (if i'm not mistaken), and the lack of material left in my coffee filter, I should be fine.

I intend to drink this tonight and see how it goes. Taste-test revealed a slightly different, weaker flavour.

Lol. Got paranoid and ran mix through 1 coffee filter another 2 times to elminate doubt.

Gonna drink it when it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.