Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get them rarely here off the web or in some floral shops but not many at all. I saw some for sale recently though actually, didn't get any though.

Hi everyone, just have a quick question....

While frantically looking for something to sooth my intermittent sternum pain, I just dug up what looks to be a very old packet of "amcal strong pain relief tablets" containing 500 mg of paracetamol and 10 mg of codeine phosphate.

So i open them up and WOW they appear to be splittable! Each tablet is round, quite large and has markings on one side, the score mark goes straight down the guts with the left side containing a large "C" letter and the right side of the score mark contains a letter "O"

A graphic representation goes like this (c|o)

Could these be from back in the days, like nurofen plus, when the codeine was on one side and the other nasty ingredients were on the other? Sure would save 2+ hours of CWE..... Thanks!

^ No. Just do a CWE. The only tablets I've ever heard about being splittable with the codeine all on one side were the old N+. Note these were also only splittable length-wise, not along a score.

i very much doubt they're like the oldskool n+, i think they were one of a kind. play it safe and CWE them.

it shouldn't take you 2+ hours either, what the hell are you doing that takes so long? it can be done relatively quick like in 20 mins.

damn you, belarki:p;) pipped me at the post!

Thanks for the quick reply's, yeah i thought it was a long shot but i had to make sure :)

Yeah 2 hours is generally how long it takes from dissolving them, to drinking it for me...

Must be the heat all the way up in the north of Australia, Takes 30 minutes + for tap water to cool from room temp to 5 degrees-ish in the freezer. Then I use harris coffee filters to filter it and that takes a very long time, then once its stopped dripping, i double up the filters and give it a squeeze.

Always had good results, from my first ever CWE to the last one i performed :)

Last edited:
Bought 2 30 packs of panafen plus yesterday and when I came back home last night after going to a trance gig I couldnt sleep as I went sober and had way to many redbulls to keep me going. So I did a really quick CWE on 40 tabs, chilled it in the freezer and then ran it through a cold damp cloth and squeezed it hard to get all the liquid out. Was very milky but drank it anyway. Now this dose would of been max 512mg and im wondering if I OD or not or maybe it was just an anxiety attack. Was very chilled and relaxed and ended up nodding out for around 30 mins then woke up maybe 1 hour after dosing. Had extreme difficulties breathing through my nose but could breath alittle better through my mouth. I couldnt feel a pulse on my wrist, behind my ears or my chest. This made me freak out but I just rode it out and it went away like a hour later. Do you think I OD or it was just anxiety? My tolerance would be on a low side.

That is a rather high dose for someone with no tolerance, but it sounds like some anxiety thrown in the mix. Little from column A, little from column B?

Regardless, all's well that ends well. Just keep the dose lower next time :p

Bought 2 30 packs of panafen plus yesterday and when I came back home last night after going to a trance gig I couldnt sleep as I went sober and had way to many redbulls to keep me going. So I did a really quick CWE on 40 tabs, chilled it in the freezer and then ran it through a cold damp cloth and squeezed it hard to get all the liquid out. Was very milky but drank it anyway. Now this dose would of been max 512mg and im wondering if I OD or not or maybe it was just an anxiety attack. Was very chilled and relaxed and ended up nodding out for around 30 mins then woke up maybe 1 hour after dosing. Had extreme difficulties breathing through my nose but could breath alittle better through my mouth. I couldnt feel a pulse on my wrist, behind my ears or my chest. This made me freak out but I just rode it out and it went away like a hour later. Do you think I OD or it was just anxiety? My tolerance would be on a low side.

I always do the same method as u just did. It takes me about 1min to prepare a CWE. The recommended dosage for ibuprofen is normally half a gram or so but i have seen prescription pills that contained 800-1000mg ibuprofen and thats a big volume of ibuprofen to make it thru the filter. Even if u run it thru a shirt or whatever there is no way ud end up with more than 500mg ibuprofen.

What u experienced is normal. It wasnt an OD and it wasnt an anxiety attack. U had quite a large dose, i normally get that most times if i dose high. Shallow breathing is just one side effect of Opies. Ur pulse slows down as well hence why its a depressant or partially a downer.

iv recently come to notice the cwe effects dont have too much to do with the conversion to morphine at all , or as much as most ppl think , the 10% conversion rate has to be half bullshit

im prety straight edge now , dont even smoke cigs , occasional beer and my daily scripted zanny bars etc

but yeh , came across a very generously sized stash of 30mg morphine xr tablets

one of them babyys crushed n snorted beats any cwe iv ever made , any doseage

tho opiate tolerance is a wierd one for me , iv been more floored from 30-40mg morphine than 300mg iv H , first and only shot

iv recently come to notice the cwe effects dont have too much to do with the conversion to morphine at all , or as much as most ppl think , the 10% conversion rate has to be half bullshit

im prety straight edge now , dont even smoke cigs , occasional beer and my daily scripted zanny bars etc

but yeh , came across a very generously sized stash of 30mg morphine xr tablets

one of them babyys crushed n snorted beats any cwe iv ever made , any doseage

tho opiate tolerance is a wierd one for me , iv been more floored from 30-40mg morphine than 300mg iv H , first and only shot

Actually being able to snort morphine for effect does not make the codeine conversion to morphine bullshit. Morphine is the active chemical when you take morphine. It doesn't need to be converted to be effective, this is why you can snort morphine and get affect. In order to get effect from codeine it needs to be passed through the liver and converted to morphine. If you tried the same experiment with codeine; sniffing it you would get no effect other than an irritated sinus.

^no sniffing codeine does work, at least theres anecdotal reports over bluelight with posters attesting to it. shambles (sr mod) is one who has done it with success.

i think leigh was also talking about the supposed ceiling effect codeine has which i think has been debunked also.

also morphine can be taken rectally where it by-passes first pass metabolism allowing for a slightly better BA iirc. there's some info that myself or someone else has posted around the place

Morphine shouldn't be snorted either it has a terrible BA through the nose. Same with oral. Plug it baby, yeah.

Mind site: You don't have to cool down the water that much, 21 degrees C will be fine for a CWE. I have seen some data showing that going from the high 20s to low 20s C will cause a big drop in APAP solubility, but below that I think the drop is minimal.

i think leigh was also talking about the supposed ceiling effect codeine has which i think has been debunked also.

Are you sure about that? Because I've definately noticed the effects taper off quickly after the 500mg mark. I've gone up to 900 or so with no increase in the effect of the drug. I'm sure there are people who can metabolize larger quantities, just like there are people who don't get much at all out of codeine, but I don't think that necessarily discredits the ceiling effect.

Likewise with redosing, every time I've redosed in less than 4 - 5 hours, it's had little to no effect.

Are you sure about that? Because I've definately noticed the effects taper off quickly after the 500mg mark. I've gone up to 900 or so with no increase in the effect of the drug. I'm sure there are people who can metabolize larger quantities, just like there are people who don't get much at all out of codeine, but I don't think that necessarily discredits the ceiling effect.

Likewise with redosing, every time I've redosed in less than 4 - 5 hours, it's had little to no effect.

I'm with you, just today i took a 400mg dose. i got barely any effect as my tolerance is through the roof from taking daily oxycodone for a while. I then tried to dose more 4 hours later and got zero effect. nothing at all. It even impaired my ability to get affect from dihydrocodiene + hydrocodone which usually gives me a very pleasurable high at about 240mg + 30mg respectively.

It seems as if the codeine has occupied the opiate receptors and is preventing the DHC and Hydro from reaching the receptors and those blocking the effect. It really is disappointing.

^ Redosing opioids usually doesn't work so well, extends the high as it is but doesn't really increase it again I've found.

Also, codeine inhibits the enzyme that metabolizes it, so redosing with codeine is fairly pointless.

Regarding the ceiling effect, I'm not sure when anyone said it was debunked. Some people, like myself, can take codeine up to ridiculous doses with a tolerance and get quite high off it, but for most they get stuck around the 500mg mark and usually just have a worse histamine response rather then more opioid effects.

im pretty sure theres been discussion earlier in this thread regarding the apparent myth of the ceiling effect - it may have been another codeine thread over BL. i'm almost certain i've read some scientific data and studies debunking it as well.

and ADD thread rings a bell as well. when i'm not so inebriated i'll look into it motr. i don't mean to throw out theories without and substantial backup:)

ya me too. speaking to johannes last night he gave me some pdf's and files you'll most likely be interested in. let me know if you're coming on msn and ill sign on so i can share them. alternatively i'll email them:)

Status
Not open for further replies.