• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Anybody else think that LSA just plain sucks?

Does LSA just plain suck?

• Yes

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 198 45.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 114 26.2%

• Total voters
u just get twisted and stretched out havin pain in ur arse without any visuals... lol only MG seeds are a bit gud but thats a lot of crap in ur stomach.. enough to make u feel sick...never tried extract LSA tho i mean pure LSA... but anyways LSA SUX!! :p

If you can't handle the nausea of MG or HBW you aren't ready to become a shaman so step aside. The sometimes seemingly miserable nausea is WELL worth it every time in my opinion (IF you have good properly prepared seeds). Sure, I was pretty nervous the first time I ate a 25 gram dose of Heavenly Blues, not knowing how sick I'd get but you know WHAT I actually barely got any nausea and when i did throw up i had to make myself. If you can just tough it out through the nausea for an hr or 2 then let yourself vomit if it's good quality seeds you'll be STRAIGHT, trust me :)

This was my first psychedelic experience and it was AMAZING. I took 10.5 grams of bupree heavenly blues crushed up as finely as I could (next time I'm gonna get a coffee grinder.) I put them in applesauce and swallowed as fast as I could about 15 minutes later I had the most terrible nausea ever and I had to will myself not to vomit for 3 hours which was definitely the worst part of the night. After 3 hours I thought that was plenty of time waiting so I walked to the bathroom and it all came up without much effort. When i finished vomiting I had waves of euphoria washing over me and I was just amazingly happy. At this point my perception of time was gone so I have no idea how much time passed but during the peak the euphoria was amazing with a lot of visuals and during the entire trip the visuals were great. I did not expect the euphoria that I received from them at all. I am on an SSRI called lexapro for OCD but I don't know if this made the experience any different.

You definitely didn't need to hold it in for 3 hours and SSRIs supposedly reduce the effects of psychedelics but I wouldn't know from personal experience

I don't know from personal experience whether SSRI's reduce the effects of LSA's but I can say from personal experience that years ago when on SSRI's the effects of blotter were greatly reduced for me, as were the effects of Psilo back then. I thought I noticed less reduction of the effects of Psilo from SSRI's than reduction of the effects of blotter.

SSRI's for me (especially Celexa and Effexor [which yes I know isn't just an SSRI] ) GREATLY reduced blotter to the point the trips were mainly just visual, with mild physical and mental euphoria and pretty much zero insights, just a mood lift and increased energy. On the bright side doing blotter or Psilo while on SSRI's ensured I never got an overwhelming trip at all and felt very grounded in reality. Also SSRI's seemed to erase the sometimes harsh comedown of Tryptamines.

SSRI's weakened blotter and Psilo so much I eventually totally gave up on ingesting either while on SSRI's as the trips were so fucking mundane and non-spiritual that I was just wasting my goddamn money.

I'll be very curious to hear from any of you guys who have taken LSA's while on SSRI's as to what interaction you notice :)

Personally, I wouldn't want to take a 5HT2A psychedelic while on any SSRI...just seems like it would inevitably prob. weaken the trip (maybe not necessarily a lot but somewhat).

By the way, LSA fans, has anyone heard about the recent experiences reports floating around on forums that claim that ingesting Cacoa, Theobromine or Kola nut potentiates LSA trips a lot? Any of you tried using any of these with LSA's yet? I hear REALLY great things about how well Cacoa, Theobromine or Kola potentiate not just LSA's but also DMT.

I am thinking for my next HBW trip I shall preload on Cacoa or Kola and Harmine (100 mg) and Harmaline (100 mg) and take my HBW an hour or 2 later and hopefully fireworks SHALL ensue. I might be on Piracetam that day as well. And I will prob. do Kratom with the HBW on the comedown.

How do you guys like how Piracetam or Hydergine synergizes with LSA's??

Also, if any of you have tried preloading on Caapi, Syrian Rue, Harmine, Harmaline, THH, Moclobemide or Deprenyl before using LSA's how have you noticed it to alter the trip?

I hope one day more and more psychonauts realize just how powerful and awe inspiring LSA's can be. In my humble opinion LSA's are every bit as magical as Psilo, Cidney, 2Cx's, MDxx's, etc...

Then again if too many people realize the potential of LSA's and young fools (with whiney rich parents who love to bitch to politicians and the media) abuse LSA's and have bad trips and get arrested or hospitalized this could lead to national banning of LSA's and end our perfect LSA party :(

By the way, has ANYONE on here yet topped my highest dose of strong, fresh HBW (30 seeds) or my highest dose of fresh, potent MG seeds (25 grams of Heavenly Blues)? It weirds me out that for some reason hardly any psychonauts I find online seem to be capable of handling my heroic LSA doses....

The Wizard said:
By the way, has ANYONE on here yet topped my highest dose of strong, fresh HBW (30 seeds) or my highest dose of fresh, potent MG seeds (25 grams of Heavenly Blues)? It weirds me out that for some reason hardly any psychonauts I find online seem to be capable of handling my heroic LSA doses....

Nothing big, clever or "heroic" about dicksizing doses, Wizard. Different batches of seeds contain different amounts of the good stuff anyway so it's pretty pointless. As it happens, I have taken 30-odd HBWR seeds before. Woo! Go me! I'm a psychonautic hero too!

:|

I think LSA is amazing. I can't speak for morning glorys but the HBW is great. My favorite part about LSA is that it is simpler and less analytical than its cousin LSD. I like to do it by myself. It gives me a very warm and open feeling. I have experimented with doses as large as 30 seeds and the nausea gets insane. It's not a drug to over do. 8 seeds is enough.

Everybody's gotta do a lil bit of braggin' sometimes, dontcha think? Human nature.... I am not talking about 30 seeds of mediocre HBW but really fresh, potent seeds (some of the seeds were from one vendor and some from another and it def. felt like they offered a unique synergy). I'll admit I could have rephrased my bragging in a more humble, McKenna-like way LOL.

If you can handle 30 HBW seeds easily get back to me when you manage to stand 25 HBW seeds, 3 MDxx tablets, a bunch of Kratom, KB, and 782 mg of DXM on the comedown. If you can handle that than I am truly impressed and fascinated as I'd love to find others who can enjoy such a combo. Would make me feel less abnormal and more confident that more of mankind can handle such a powerful mind twisting combo.

I don't see the harm in having a little pride sometimes in one's capacity to handle certain psychedelics. If you kept scoring great scores on a test in school wouldn't you eventually want to tell your friends or family of your achievements? Eh, eh, eh? Or maybe you don't agree. To each his own. Whatever works for you.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers by my display of arrogance.

I'm generally a modest guy but, sure, I have my bragging moments occasionally. My previous post when I bragged I guess I looked at as issuing a challenge to LSA users. I wanted to see if anyone would speak up about handling such a dosage. And I figured people might be more likely to speak up if I questioned whether they could handle HBW as well as me.

In my opinion preloading on Beta-Carbolines before HBW can lead to some of the absolute most intense mind blowing LSA trips :)

My feathers aren't ruffled at all, Wizard. It's just that once people start bragging about how "heroic" their doses are then it can get out of control. I know it's fun sometimes - and I'm positive I've done it myself - but it's really not harm reduction advice and is also pretty meaningless. Especially with plant matter. How do you know my seeds aren't stronger than yours? Or vice versa? How does our body chemistry and mental state compare? And so on. When it comes to excessive dosing and extreme combos, I'm sure we've all been there. Just don't see how it adds much to the subject really.

Like I said in my previous post, think of my analogy of when one is getting really good grades on exams in a class- the way people become proud of how well they're succeeding in the class and may want to tell friends and family of how good their exam scores are and how high their grade is in the class. Does this mean they're bragging or not? I'd say whether my above example would be defined as "bragging" about one's grades is pretty subjective to each person.

To some a guy going on about how good his grades are in a class it could be seen as cocky by some but to others they might feel proud of him and be impressed with him, and there could of course infinite other various reactions from classmates, friends, family. Where is the line drawn where one's pride in their abilities and achievements becomes not just innocent pride but destructive hubris?

My point was mainly that it just isn't very reliable to go by the number of seeds consumed as they vary in potency from batch to batch whether it's bragging or pride or anything else. Not convinced that it's a necessarily a great achievement to take huge doses of anything anyway. I've often got just as much out of lower dose experience than higher dose ones.

I was using some quite hefty doses of LSD for a while recently and having a lot of fun doing it. One night I decided to go for what I considered a low dose and had the most intense acid trip I'd had for a long time. These were all measured doses of a known strength from the same batch and stored together, so I don't think I would have been far out on the amount taken. I presume it was more to do with the way my mind and body where working on that particular occasion.

All I'm saying is it doesn't necessarily mean a great deal to compare number of seeds consumed. Comparing what you get from the experience would be more interesting perhaps, but that's just me though. None of my business. As you said, one man's bragging is another man's achievement - subjective thing.

I'm well aware how much the potency of HBW varies. Keep in mind I've had HBW that came from 6 or 7 vendors total (I lost count of the exact number of vendors I've had it from) and I've had multiple batches over the years from certain vendors. So I may have actually tried more than just 6 or 7 types of HBW, as I noticed that sometimes when I'd repeatedly ordered HBW from the same vendor over a long period that some batches of their HBW seemed distinctly different than others.

I believe the difference in potency of the seeds has to do freshness, how they were grown, where they were grown, how well they were stored (away from air, light, heat, moisture) and the actual alkaloid profile of your HBW. I can tell from having such widely varying experiences with HBW that when comparing the effects of HBW from some vendors to some other vendors that different HBW can have VERY different alkaloid profiles.

HBW depending on its alkaloid profile can vary so much (being more sedating, spaced out, MDx-ish, Psilocybe-ish, energetic, Opiate-like, more nauseating, less nauseating, causing lots of vasoconstriction, little vasoconstriction, having a fast onset, slow onset, smooth comedown, rough comedown, etc...)

Me, I hope to one day combine MG and HBW together and another time I will try combining MG and Rivea and Rivea and HBW and eventually I want to combine Rivea, MG and HBW in one sitting.

Personally, I think if high quality fresh HBW had been as available in the late 60s psychedelic explosion it might have actually inspired and improved a lot more lives than the LSD circulating at the time...

IMO most acid is fucking child's play compared to some fresh, quality Hawaii or Madagascar-harvested HBW...

First post. LSA's (what the fuck they actually 'are' on a biochemical level aside) are indeed pretty kickin'.

Wizard: I enjoy reading your thoughts on LSA use. I've also seen you mention piracetam potentiating some aspects of the LSA experience in a few places. Care to share any specific details on the specific effects? I'm planning on giving the combo a shot in a few days myself.

And, while I'm here, I must say that the logic behind such dicksizing seems to lead one quickly to flawed, unproductive and harmful conclusions. First of all, it assumes that there is inherently something desirable or even shamanic about taking high doses of anything. Dose response is not always linear (or even progressive), and it is almost certainly the case that no two people are looking for precisely the same thing out of an experience (indeed, how would such even be possible?); owing to this and the stunning diversity of individual bio/socio/physio/neurochemistries, I see the notion of ranking experiences by 'intensity' along any one scale (particularly one corresponding to dosage) as extremely problematic.

Also, shamanism, as I understand it, is primarily about achieving certain kinds of (very diverse) specific effects. The drug is ingested, the drum is beat, the verse read... etc in order to effect a particular kind of transformation or to apply or channel or become more receptive to a certain kind of force. If the desired effect is not achieved, the immediate intuition is not to throw more drugs at it. In no way is this synonymous with the attitude of the psychonaut (which I don't mean to denigrate - it is my own to a large extent), who, it seems, is interested primarily in 'boldly going where no man has gone before'; mapping - or sometimes just vacationing in and harassing the natives - the farthest antipodes of the mind. States are valued by 'extremity'. The easiest way, in the end, to pursue extremity is to take more drugs.

Much 'contemporary/urban shamanism' just seems to appropriate the label to justify the pursuit of what is really nothing more than volumetric extremity of consumption (one doesn't even need to 'consume well'- one just needs to consume a lot).

-- end pedantic rant --

Last edited:
^Good first post & welcome to Bluelight macropsia! :)

LSA is something that effects everyone in a different way, one of my friends told me that he had a horrible experience on just 4 seeds while I was in heaven on 8 seeds and never had a negative experience with LSA, except for some nausea and some vasoconstriction but nothing serious. I currently have 17 seeds left and haven't decided when to take them. I think 8 seeds will be sufficient to get good results but without Cannabis the nausea could pose a problem, ah well... no pain no gain as they say eh? ;)

LSA is a wonderful drug IMHO, it gave me pure euphoria and peace of mind. Try meditating while on LSA, it's a great experience IMHO

Peace o/

I wonder how good the 2008 Madagascar harvested HBW are. As I recall a few years ago when I first tried Madagascar HBW it was the 2006 stock.

There's only one or two of you on here who has eaten Madagascar HBW at all, huh? The 2006 Madagascar were well worth the high shipping rate and long wait to get my package from the Netherlands. Do you guys not order Madagascar HBW because you doubt the potency or don't want to deal with the high shipping rate?

I remember the Madagascars causing no nausea at all most the times I ate them and no muscle soreness and such great visuals, mindset, euphoria.

I wish someone could tell me whether Dominican Republic harvested HBW are any good.

Can anyone tell me more about sublingual LSA? I just ordered fifty (I think) HBWR seeds. I hope they are pretty potent!

Anyway, this thread has really got my hopes up! I have only tried LSA once and it was with MG's, I didn't have a means by which to crush them and I couldn't stomach enough to trip. Hopefully this time will be more enjoyable. For a first time experiences psych user, how many would you guys recommend taking at fisrt to gauge the potency? And which is more effective/easier, Ingesting or sublingual?

THanks!

This seems to be the most active LSA thread.

Me and 2 friends are conducting an experiment with mint oil (acetaldehyde) exctraction/conversion of LSA seeds. We will start with 5 seeds each, and then probably take 15 each the next time (if the seeds aren't very potent, which we're testing for the first time just to be sure).

My question is: How have you experienced tolerance on LSA? According to my experience, 3 days is enough to pretty much abort all tolerance. Can even 2 days suffice? Say we get almost no effect from 5 seeds, can we then expect full effects from 15 seeds ~2 days later?

I don't think there would be a tolerance after having sampled some seeds a few days before, but I don't do them often as it is a psychedelic which needs to be respected and taken responsibly. Starting off with 5 seeds to test their potency is a good idea because HWBR seeds (I assume you are talking about those) tend to vary quite a bit in potency depending on a lot of factors like storage or simply your set and setting. I have never done an extraction on LSA seeds, instead I just grounded them up into a very fine powder with a pepper mill and then put the powder into "O" sized gelcaps and swallowed them. This method hasn't failed for me yet. :)

15 seeds sounds alot to me but to each his own, just remember that they can be pretty powerful and try to create the perfect set/setting. this FAQ: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=52829 might help you out to create the perfect experience. :)

I never experienced any tolerance myself but that might be because of my use: I only do them once a month and haven't done them for almost 3 months now, time to have a look into my stash again :D

Have fun with them :)

Peace o/

Thanks for the feedback.

15 seeds was a pretty powerful trip for me, but my seeds (the last time I ordered) were rather week. I suspect 15 seeds of powerful potency could make my limbs freeze and my mind turn into goo (not literally speaking of course).

I agree that HBW is indeed deservant of plenty of respect. It's a journey in more than the usual sense of the word (i.e. a journey for the intestines aswell).

How do you find HBW for dissolving the ego then Wizard ?