• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Anybody else think that LSA just plain sucks?

Does LSA just plain suck?

• Yes

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 198 45.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 114 26.2%

• Total voters
i've done several experiments with this and i've found no activity perhaps certain people are more sensitive or have less of the enzymes that destroy the lysergic acid... however if you enjoy lsa and believe that it is strong enough for you stick with it and dont go to acid because it would blow ur mind to bits.. thats like riding a kiddy ride at a carnival and then going to Cedar Point and riding the tallest roller coaster on earth..

I couldn't possibly disagree more. Don't even know why people compare LSA with LSD other than they share two letters. Totally different experiences that are equally as mindblowing. LSA is way more euphoric in an effortless (even simplistic) way (more along MDMA lines of mindless hedonism) but it goes deep too. Very deep. But in a purely emotional and instinctive way - none of the analytical insight of LSD but equally as cleansing and healing. Different drugs. Both absolute gems <3

I've had terrible success with cold water extractions. They suck! Alcohol extractions are the way to go. Either leave the LSA in solution or evap the alcohol and gather the crystals. I've had better results when the LSA is still dissolved in alcohol, resulting in a strong, strong trip. 15 HBWR seeds soaked in 80 proof Smirnoff vodka for 2 - 3 days was incredible. I drank the whole tiny airplane sized bottle while leaving the seed mush behind. Twas excellent!

I couldn't possibly disagree more. Don't even know why people compare LSA with LSD other than they share two letters. Totally different experiences that are equally as mindblowing. LSA is way more euphoric in an effortless (even simplistic) way (more along MDMA lines of mindless hedonism) but it goes deep too. Very deep. But in a purely emotional and instinctive way - none of the analytical insight of LSD but equally as cleansing and healing. Different drugs. Both absolute gems <3

I agree. LSA is truly a gem. I have analyzed my problems on this wonderful substance, clearing a path straight through the bullshit. I went from crying to absolute euphoria within an hour. I realized my problems were my creation, and once that was established anything seemed possible. Very cleansing experience.

Ordered some HBWR seeds the other day, I'm looking forward to getting them. They were pretty cheap though so I'm kind of worried about quality. Are the more expensive varieties really worth the extra money or will I just have to take more seeds to feel the desired effect?

All I know is you don't want the Ghana strain which has a minimal LSA content. I believe I once ordered, oh three years ago, a pack of Hawaiian HBWR from a reputable vendor at *snip* for 50 seeds, free shipping. Great quality, they aren't that expensive. I would actually grow this plant but I live in a very nonfriendly untropical zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're cheap cos they're legal and - literally - grow on trees. Maybe not actual trees but you know what I mean. I'd be more wary if they were expensive really. Whatever you pay for them potency can vary a lot from batch to batch so always best to start low (3-5 seeds maybe) to see how strong they are. If they're potent then that should be enough for a decent trip but if they're a bit old and/or just happen to have a lowish LSA content you may need more. Price is neither here nor there really - there's no reason they should be expensive.

I have had some awesome experiences with hbwr seeds that included no nausea and barely any cramps.

The first time i tried 7 HBWR seeds and it´s strong, different to other psychedelics, patterns and visuals, sedative effects, introspective. Be prepared for puke during the onset and the first hour, worth a try even with the nausea. I remember that i puked and after i began to feel and strange but very pleasure tingle all over my body and the magic began.

The only thing morning glory seeds did for me is make me pee out of my butt for 12 hours. Nothing is worth that! :!

Also, apparently isolating ergine ("LSA") from the rest of the ergoline chemicals is very easy. Doing this and ingesting ergine by itself as well as the other portion by itself will give us insight into the activity of these unique chemicals. Below I'm copying and pasting a post I made on r/BabyBees where I provide the details about how to do this.

#1 Chao 1973 states Due to the high concentration of ergine and isoergine, they could be easily seperated first without involving chromatographic procedure. Materials include chloroform, methanol, and a refrigerator.

I asked an individual if the given information is sufficient to repeat the procedure and he said no and even emailed one of the researchers (Ara D), but the researcher did not reply after the second email. The only information given about the procedure is the flow chart.

#2 A member of DMT Nexus told me that he used bentonite to filter ergine out of an ergot preparation. The person referenced a section in chapter 14 of Otto Snow's LSD (2003) titled, 'Isolation of Ergot Alkaloids from Claviceps purpurea Culture Suspensions Using Clay' (see p. 124) (this section of the book is based on Grawert 1977).

Edit: well, that was obtained from a fungal source. the culture broth was basified to pH 8.58 with dilute ammonia, bentonite was added and stirred for an hour, then vac filtered, and rinsed with deionized water. the bentonite was dried somewhat in a vac desiccator for a day, then transferred back to the buchner. concentrated ammonia in methanol was added, and filtered.
this was then combined with dcm (ethyl acetate should separate better, or use aqueous ammonia), then ethanolic tartaric acid was added. what you see there is about five drops, from a stock of about 50 mL.

spot test with van urk gave a distinct bluish-violet color.

I don't see an advantage to using water over methanol, only if you really need the extra hydroxyanions in solution.

3/6/2012
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=326413#post326413
benzyme

Chao JM, DerMarderosian AH (1973) Ergoline alkaloidal constituents of Hawaiian baby wood rose, Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer. J Pharm Sci 62:588–591. doi:10.1002/jps.2600620409

This report states that The total alkaloid was extracted by using a modification of the method of Genest (27). This is the method they are referring to:

Genest K. A direct densitometric method on thin-layer plates for the determination of lysergic acid amide, isolysergic acid amide and clavine alkaloids in morning glory seeds. Journal of Chromatography A. 15 February 1965, 19(3):531-9. DOI: 10.1016/S0021-9673(01)99495-6.

However, Peter Webster, who gave a lecture about the kykeon and ergine at the 2006 LSD symposium,* criticized the use of this method:

The methods described in the 2 papers also are designed for analysis rather than producing a psychedelic - for instance, the Genest extraction is not at all what I wd do. I'd prefer a more aggressive first extraction (ether is rather weak for many compounds) to be sure you are getting everything out of the seeds. And then rely on various purification methods to get your desired product. (Apr 11, 2016, personal correspondance)

Furthermore, a modern study determined that ultrasound-assisted extraction was the best extraction method for these seeds:

Nowak J, Woźniakiewicz M, Klepacki P, Sowa A, Kościelniak P. Identification and determination of ergot alkaloids in Morning Glory cultivars. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016 May;408(12):3093-102. doi: 10.1007/s00216-016-9322-5. Epub 2016 Feb 12. PMID: 26873205; PMCID: PMC4830885.

Grawert W, Schiedt L, Neumann B, Heidenbluth K, Dauth C, Schirutschke R, Muller M. 1977. Process for the isolation of ergot alkaloids from culture suspensions. US4237291A.

*Video:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwfkJkvbR-I&start=3448

Pharmacokinetic information about ergine starts at 57:28. Webster believes that the strength of ergine depends upon subtle variations, more specifically, the chair and boat conformations. It's also been determined that lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide is very unstable and that it is found in large amounts in newly generated seeds, but only small amounts in older seeds, having decomposed to ergine; and it also seems likely that such decomposition would occur in the human body, however the mixture of ergine conformations that form after such decomposition might be different from that which is in older seeds (Webster does not even mention 'LAH' in his lecture, but he stated this is an email he sent me). However, Webster emphasized to me that his statement was just speculation. David Nichols commented about Webster's idea, giving a more simplistic idea centering around isoergine.

See stability info for 'LAH': https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27904186

And David Nichols' statement can be seen here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27892316

The chapter Mixing the Kykeon Anew in Sacred Mushrooms of the Goddess: Secrets of Eleusis (2006, Carl A.P. Ruck) is a transcript of this lecture.

Last edited:
Years ago I had a ++++ experience on ten Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, during the peak I merged with the Universe and Collective Consciousness. It was one of the most powerful trips I ever had and I've sampled sixty different psychedelic drugs. I believe the seeds were very fresh I had procured them from a botanical vendor that disappeared by the time I went to order from them again, it was bizarre to say the least.

The beginning of a strong LSA trip is very difficult mentally/physically for the first few hours but at the three hour mark it totally changes gears into one of the most euphoric feelings imaginable for me. Only drugs I'd compare it to is MDMA or higher dose Mescaline. I'd been in Nature when the ++++ took place and it was so beautiful, this life is such a gift and we truly are all one with, plants, animals this entire planet and universe. We are all gears in this cosmic machine. I've had other amazing trips on HBWR but none ever came close to that day. I'd had a week long afterglow, where I felt ontop of the world.

I had some hawaiian woodrose seeds in my teens and they felt like a plain intoxication. Brain zaps, huge dilated pupils but just some anxiety and no trip at all. Wonder if they sent me bad seeds or if it's just me. Never touched them again, but two years ago I had my first real trip on 1cP-LSD which was nothing like the LSA trainwreck.

without the nausea comming from the seeds it must actually be a really nice trip.

Morning glory seeds are way better than HBWR, for most at least. More nausea, but a qualitatively much nicer trip.

Morning glory seed gave me a mild LSD like trip with catatonia. (around 100-200 seeds)

All the reports I read about "sedative" effects are a bit strange to me. Maybe just a stab at describing something.
I never got sleepy, I just somehow did not feel like moving, at all, for hours, no matter the position I started in.

To me, it felt like a description of the symptoms of catatonic schizophrenia (this was decades ago). The patients would sit in the same, often appearing uncomfortable, position for large portions of the day.

I was a teenager, just discovering LSD, who had move to a new area with no connections. I did the LSA seeds 10 or so times until I finally was able to obtain LSD.
The high was not real strong but plenty pleasant enough except for the "catatonia". I remember my first time finally getting some LSD that it felt a bit "jangly" and stimulating.

Woodrose was the same, but with much more of the catatonic effect. I sat on my door stoop one time, in the same position, for hours watching the cars go by. (about 8 seeds)
I was pleasantly and mildly tripping and thought nothing of how I appeared to the rubes. Some neighbor kids stopped by and talked to me and I conversed with them lucidly... but stayed in that same position I had been in for hours.
Some years later, when they were partying too, they told me how they stopped by and talked "when I was wasted" that time.
I didn't understand, I wasn't super buzzed. I just didn't want to move and what's the problem with that?
They did confirm that I seemed lucid to converse with, just hadn't moved for 3-4 hours. :)

And, yes, that effect is a deal breaker.