• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Anybody else think that LSA just plain sucks?

Does LSA just plain suck?

• Yes

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 198 45.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 114 26.2%

• Total voters

Zarathaster

Bluelighter
Now, I'm wondering if I should be posting this since I'm a new guy and it might have been debated to death already,

But, having done the polar/non-polar extraction, and having used a full oz of mg seeds, I embarked on what I guess is a full on LSA trip. It it fucking sucked. I mean, it wasn't a badtrip; just underwhelming. It was basically a bit of closed eye visuals, a slight 'I'm tripping' sensation and not much else. Listening to music wasn't particularly great, and there was no maelstrom of thoughts a la shrooms. It was just... meh. And then a few hours in, I got the jitters like no other. Though, I'm no stranger to this, since almost all psychedelics make me jittery. But it was still like getting a heap of the bad without any of the good.

Plus, I'm new in town so I don't have any sources for anything around here so I was kinda pumped to finally set aside a day to go into tripland, so the set and setting were good.

I think its just that the bottom line is that, compared to your more run of the mill psychedelics, LSA sucks.

Anybody agree? disagree?

I strongly enjoyed my morning glory trip. Just eat 4 packs of heavenly blue. It did me great. Supposedly extractions take out other alkoloids that make the trip. So an extraction isn't as intense but it takes away some of the side effects. Do a search and read all the morning glory/ lsa threads around here.

I had a great time with LSA. Mabey its just you.
I got the cool psychedelic headspace, visuals that changed colour and shape with music, great introspective realisations. OEV's and more intence excitment and extacy than MDMA.

edit: I took 5 HBWS (very strong)

Last edited:
I don't know if this exact topic has been covered, but lsa has been discussed here ad nauseum. I personally enjoy lsa.

LSA isn't weak, but ur MG seeds/extract is. LSA sources are very incosistant/unpredictable in terms of content. In my experience most LSA sources seem to be WAAYYY weaker than most other people's sources, it's either bad luck or some odd conspiracy:)lol... ur best bet, HBWR, ask the vendor too. It's very rare to come across the 10-15 seed batches but usually 30-100 HBWR seeds are needed, but it's WAAYYY worth it IMO.

LSA doesn't suck, IMO it's better than LSD, just hard to get a good/reliable source. The trip is reminisant of DMT/ayahuasca. It's like candy flipping with no negatives and feels completely natural. music is better than acid, visuals are just as good, and unlike acid u get a great bodyhi instead of a bodyload, no paranoia or cracked out hangover feeling that u just want to end like LSD

Lsa is a very worthwhile group of compounds that have to be approached as something besides Lsd. Too many people are expecting the same experience and are then disappointed:\

toxide said:
LSA isn't weak, but ur MG seeds/extract is. LSA sources are very incosistant/unpredictable in terms of content. In my experience most LSA sources seem to be WAAYYY weaker than most other people's sources, it's either bad luck or some odd conspiracy:)lol... ur best bet, HBWR, ask the vendor too. It's very rare to come across the 10-15 seed batches but usually 30-100 HBWR seeds are needed, but it's WAAYYY worth it IMO.

LSA doesn't suck, IMO it's better than LSD, just hard to get a good/reliable source. The trip is reminisant of DMT/ayahuasca. It's like candy flipping with no negatives and feels completely natural. music is better than acid, visuals are just as good, and unlike acid u get a great bodyhi instead of a bodyload, no paranoia or cracked out hangover feeling that u just want to end like LSD

Holy crap, with good seeds, no more than 8 are needed for a strong, full +3

I would agree LSA seeds are a lot of work for marginal rewards. And sometimes with unpleasant side-effects. The trip strength seems to vary from "strong enough" to "almost nothing" based on supply and individual. Definitely not one of the more rewarding things I've ever happened upon.

toxide said:

i think you're one in a million man

Far from my favorite, but I was pleasantly surprised by my first (and as yet only) LSA trip. But I guess I didn't like it all that much, I grew enough of them this year to last a hundred lifetimes and haven't done any of them. Wish I'd known about them back in high school, though.

Most of my LSA experiences came from HBWR, I have used 4 seeds, 8 seeds, 12 seeds, 16 seeds and once 24 seeds. The 4 & 8 seeds doses were comparable to single doses of LSD. And I found the larger doses fairly akin to large dose mushroom trips. Had a lot more of a body high/ecstacy than LSD. Unfortunately, I have stomach ulcers now and my LSA trips just become vomit fests, so I have touched HBWR in years.

But if you're experiences are underwhelming, I suggest you probably just haven't ingested enough LSA. I recommend HBWR over MG.

i only ever had it once and i thought i was going to die. might have been ego stuff, partly, but it felt pretty damn physical (exploding liver, or at least a very dodgy stomach)

melange said:
i think you're one in a million man
I agree. I tried it 3 times by itself (6, 8 and 10 HWBR seeds) and they gave me nothing but discomfort/pain(legs and stomach), a terrible mindset and some visual shit(halo's, blurry vision). Maybe I need more but with a bodyload like that taking more seems dangerous. Weed didn't help any of the side-effects go away.

I combined mushrooms and LSA extract twice. The physical side-effects made me trip less hard than as if I had taken mushrooms by itself.
I combined 6 seeds with oral weed and MDMA once. Not good at all. If even MDMA can't fix it...

IME LSA doesn't synergyze with other psychedelics well so I'm starting to think it works completely different than most serotonergic psychedelics. Or maybe there's just too much side-effects for it to be worthwhile to me.

^ I disagree about synergy. I've combined them with mushrooms, very successfully. I had one the of the most beautiful and unique trips on this combination. What makes it difficult to use in combos is the inconsistency of side-effects IMHO.. For example, that time I combined it with mushrooms, I got practically zero side-effects from it, only pleasant and psychedelic effects. While some other times I've tasted HBWR seeds, I've gotten nothing but terrible flu-like symptoms and only slight psychedelia.

My last LSA trip was extremely mild as far as visuals, but strangely pleasant. I have never had such odd but enjoyable myorelaxant effects (especially considering that psychedelics usually have the opposite effect).

Nope, not even close. LSA can be glorious. And the feeling and euphoria produced if done right are unmatched by almost any other psychedelic. They can produce a profound state of peace and love that is more akin to mescaline than to LSD.

Zarathaster said:
having done the polar/non-polar extraction, and having used a full oz of mg seeds, I embarked on what I guess is a full on LSA trip.

The LSA isn't the problem, the dosage is -- your tincture is weak. I have never been able to get the polar/nonpolar extraction to work, even when using LARGE amounts of potent seeds and following directions to a T (reagent grade pet ether, everclear, no light/heat exposure etc.). Either I'm just not good at chemistry or the extraction is unreliable at best.

My recommendation is to just grind the seeds up as finely as possible and eat them, in gelcaps if you want to avoid the taste (this is a problem for MG but not HBWR). Unfortunately the "nausea threshold" seems to get lower every time, and I'm at the point that just thinking about it makes me slightly queasy, but until you get to the point of just not being able to hold them down any longer, you can trip really hard from ground up seeds.

I concur... I made MGS tincture once and couldn't get it to work well at any dose. However, I had a pretty strong experience with only 200 seeds when I ate them whole. It started a bit rough because this is the one drug that will always cause me nausea, but it got great about 2 hours in and just got better until hour 8-10. I was overcome with such a powerful and loving euphoria and introspective mood and my best friend and I had an awesome time just talking all night. I felt awesome the whole next day, too... floating in a pleasant dream-like world.