• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Anybody else think that LSA just plain sucks?

Does LSA just plain suck?

• Yes

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 198 45.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 114 26.2%

• Total voters
My mind's way too use to the effects of HBW at this point for ego death, although in the past when I've added Syrian Rue in the equation I've gotten much more profound, spaced out, otherwordly effects. So HBW for me now is ideal when used as part of a psychedelic cocktail. It seems nicest either with Beta-Carbolines, MDxx's (though only use HBW with MDxx's if you are taking vasodiloators and blood pressure lowering supplements) or DXM. I assume HBW's best effects will surface when combined with Psilocybe or Cactus. I def. hope to explore those with HBW some day.

Fuck yeah man; my sentiments exactly...LSA can be so unbelieveable dark....it can make LSD "look like ginger beer" ;)

I'll chime in.

I'm not as versed in the gazillions of RC's most Bluelighters are (I still haven't figured out how the Hell to get them, and it drives me bananas), but I'd certainly consider myself experienced. I've been tripping for a decade or so, mostly on acid, shrooms, and E (though who knows what was in the latter), but I've also managed to try DMT, DOC, 2c-e, and LSA (by means of tinctures derived from MG's and HBRW's).

By and large, I've had wonderful experiences with these chemicals. I'm not prone to negative experiences, and most of my experiences have been rather ecstatic. I stress "most."

I first tried LSA during a period where I could obtain nothing "on the streets". I secured a variety of seeds from a reputable online vendor. For whatever reason, I just didn't want to attempt a full-on extraction, so I just ground the seeds and soaked the pulp in distilled water for a few hours, shaking my potion occasionally. I strained the juice, squeezed the excess from the fibrous pulp, and drank.

There are, of course, some negative effects associated with such a simple method. Even after removing the "fur" from the Rosewoods, I found that, potent as those seeds may be, they made me quite nauseous. After a few trials, I found that I simply preferred to use the MG's, as they didn't leave me feeling nearly so sick.

I had to play with dosage a bit. The first few times I tried the stuff, I got off, though the trips were kind of mild. Still, they were very pleasant. I experienced interesting CEV's, a pleasing enhancement of color, heightened music appreciation, and a lovely body high.

After increasing the dosage a bit, I was surprised to find that these things had the potential for some real fireworks. Moderate doses offered more greatly pronounced visual distortion, wicked CEV's, bonafide synesthesia, an almost ecstasy-like body high, and considerable mindfuckery.

So I pushed further yet. One night, I made a tincture out of about 700 Flying Saucers and a few Rosewoods for good measure. I expected something grand. What I got, though, was the single most difficult experience of my psychedelic career.

During the peak of the trip (which probably lasted 7 or 8 hours), I was aurally hallucinating so intensely that I had to abandon music altogether, which was frustrating in and of itself. I mean, for the most part, music IS what I do when I trip. However, on this night, I could barely distinguish the sounds in my head from the sounds of my stereo. I couldn't even tell when records were over because of the continuous stream of sound in my head. I grew paranoid, reasoning that I might not be fit to take care of myself in the event of an emergency. Outside, I heard the sounds of urban distress: sirens, yelling, cars coming and going. I began to hear these sounds (which may or may not have been real, I don't really know) as threatening. I thought someone was going to break into my house or something. I placed a knife in each room of my house "just in case". It wasn't pretty, but I lied down and just sort of rode the thing out.

So to answer your question, no, I don't believe that LSA sucks or is ineffective. It's a powerful psychedelic if you consume enough of it. I'd also add that two of the most amazing trips I've ever taken were spawned by a combination of LSA-containing seeds and psilocybe mushrooms. I suspect that folks who've tried this combo would likely echo my endorsement. Pretty awesome.

Anyway, hope this helps in some way. Happy Trails!

LSA is my favorite psychedelic thus far. The euphoria I get from molly doesn't even come close to the euphoria I can get from LSA. At the same time, I feel wonderfully clear headed, even if I smoke ganj as well. This stuff is like a sacrament to me.

My First LSA trip was one of the most enjoyable experiences iv'e had.
except eating the raw seeds blah!

I agree that LSA can be intensely dark. For me, it showed its most cynical side when combined with syrian rue.

I'm hoping HBWhuasca (HBW + a Beta-Carboline) feels a lot cleaner for me in the form of Harmine hcl, Harmaline hcl + HBW as opposed to how very physically dirty Syrian Rue + HBW was at times. Some Rue-HBW trips I got such terrible, terrible nausea. Then again, some Rue-HBW trips I got no nausea and a super clean, euphoric body buzz. No clue why the combo varied so much for me...

I assume Harmine and Harmaline will be much more reliable with HBW and take me to that great spirit realm I so eagerly seek. I'm thinking my dose will be 100 mg Harmine and 100 mg Harmaline sublingually a couple hours before ingesting 15 HBW (I'll prob. start with only 15 seeds rather than my usual dose of 25 as combinining HBW with pure Harmine and Harmaline is completely untested waters for me).

I'm really tempted to take Acorus gramineus (Japanese Sweet Flag root) with HBW but fear an overwhelming nausea from that combo. And I still don't know if I'll take Piracetam the day I do HBWhuasca or not. I wish I had some Hydergine to preload on for week. Last year Hydergine was GREAT for me the times I combined it with LSA's. As a nice bonus Hydergine is a vasodilator so it counteracts the LSA vasoconstriction.

If I ever get my hands on more Deprenyl I'd like to preload on it daily a couple weeks, then take a high dose (10-20 mg) a few hours before taking LSA's. Deprenyl at above 20 mg is an MAO-a and so far everything I've read indicates it's MAO-a's that potentiate Tryptamines.

I also have a gram of Syrian Rue 10X which I prob. eventually will try combining with HBW, MG, Psilo or a DMT source. I wonder how LSA's would combine with Ayahuasca or Salvia...hmm... I've a strong feeling I'd love smoking some quality Salvia 20X while peaking on HBW. I'd make sure to dose on Kratom first to ensure the Salvia's effects were gentle.

If any of you guys havent yet tried taking Kratom with LSA's and you're a Kratom and LSA fan you MUST try the combo. Match made in heaven, babyyyy :) I've only so far tried Bali Kratom with LSA's. I think the real fireworks would come from taking a mix of Thai and Bali Kratom with LSA's

Minor point, but I believe the MAO-A inhibition is usually listed as starting at around 10 mg. It also has godawful bioavailability per os (owing to the propargyl group which gets chewed up by stomach acid), so I wouldn't expect to be able to get the full effects (i.e., substantial inhibition of both A and B isoforms) from just a one-off dosage at 20+ mg, even if you'd been taking it for a week.

Deprenyl, while a pretty useful drug in a lot of instances, isn't a great choice for psychedelic potentiation IMO; bad oral availability and irreversibility make it hard to use for this purpose. The sharp increase in available endogenous PEA can cause restlessness in a lot of individuals (including myself) sensitive to that kind of thing.

If you're looking for another MAO-A inhibitor, moclobemide seems like a better choice.

Rasagiline is becoming available and has much better oral bioavailability (though still not super), but is still quite preferential for B (in fact, more than l-dep.).

I had the most beautiful experience yesterday, involving cold water extracted LSA seeds (HBW, unknown strain) with an attempt at conversion into LSH by acetaldehyde. I don't know if the conversion succeeded, but this extraction method was far superior in that it didn't give any of the negative effects I've associated with HBW (extreme vasoconstriction, lethargy, nausea). Me and my friend had doses equivalent to 8-11 seeds each and spent a night outside in the lovely winter, beholding life and things with new found pleasure. It was one of the most purely ecstatic and lucid experiences I've ever had. I can say with certainty that I've been missing the ergoline space while messing with tryptamines.

Ok so I dabbled around with LSA a couple times in the last few weeks, and I'm gonna go ahead and say that it does suck.

First I tried 10, and got a bit of nausea, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was expecting that, so it didn't phase me, after a few hours a got a pretty decent high/head change. Totally underwhelming, with the saddest excuses for visuals Ive ever had. Literally, I have seen more intense things while just being stoned. But all in all, it was a really decent experience, nothing too bad with it.

So I figured I would try it again, but do 20, because I really wanted to feel the effect, I didnt want to fuck around this time. I felt nausea almost immediately upon chewing the seeds. I figured it was just mental so I would nap it off, which I did. Almost THREE hours later I started feeling the effects in full, but along with those came some of the most disgusting nausea I have ever experienced, from alcohol, DXM, whatever, this took the cake. I was thoroughly incapicitated by the nausea, and I explosively vomited just once, but it was so long after that I know the seeds had been completely ingested.

My high was intense, but it seemed like there were even less visuals than the first one. When I stood up I felt drunken and uncoordinated as hell. There was a definite loopy psychedelic feeling for many hours but anything positive was outweighed ten fold by the terrible nausea.

Both experienced involved sore muscles in my thighs the day afterwards. And I took them both on empty stomachs, which Im sure aided in the nausea.

But really, Im ready to write these seeds off as just stupid. Am I doing anything wrong? I like the what LSA gets at, but not how extreme it is to get there. Would an extraction reduce nausea significantly at all?

All in all, I would have to say that LSD makes LSA look like fermented milk.

dexingpotsmoker: really... Try the extraction method in my post above. I can understand if you're totally turned off by LSA seeds, but don't write it off too quickly. It really has potential. I experienced excactly the same effects as you (oh and with lifechanging trips added to it, but the same nausea and stiff legs) on seeds alone or extracted with alcohol. The "kykeon analogue" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kykeon I'm only hypothesizing here, so use of a grain of salt is advised) I described is completely different, basically free of adverse effects.

dexingpotsmoker: really... Try the extraction method in my post above. I can understand if you're totally turned off by LSA seeds, but don't write it off too quickly. It really has potential. I experienced excactly the same effects as you (oh and with lifechanging trips added to it, but the same nausea and stiff legs) on seeds alone or extracted with alcohol. The "kykeon analogue" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kykeon I'm only hypothesizing here, so use of a grain of salt is advised) I described is completely different, basically free of adverse effects.

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion/link. But the wiki article really had no information at all. I don't understand what type of extraction you did. What is acetlyhyde (sp), and where would you get it? Is it a pretty involved process?

Did your "LSH" experience feel any different psychedelically then typical LSA? I don't want to right it off all together, but seriously it was so mediocre with such tremendous side effects.

Seriously though, I don't understand how anyone could say LSA is better than LSD. Of course they are different, but LSD is so much better, even in the over all feeling of th experience.

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion/link. But the wiki article really had no information at all. I don't understand what type of extraction you did. What is acetlyhyde (sp), and where would you get it? Is it a pretty involved process?

Did your "LSH" experience feel any different psychedelically then typical LSA? I don't want to right it off all together, but seriously it was so mediocre with such tremendous side effects.

Seriously though, I don't understand how anyone could say LSA is better than LSD. Of course they are different, but LSD is so much better, even in the over all feeling of th experience.

Don't get hung up on "Kykeon". Do a google like this one for example:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=sv&q=mint+oil+lsa+cold+water&btnG=Google-search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

LSH was different in that it was missing all the crucial side effects for me. It could have been that the dose was a tiny bit lower, but I doubt it. It also felt way more mentally stimulating.

I don't have the guts to say one psychedelic is "better" than the other.

If it were to compare LSA and LSD they both last equally long however I say they are like comparing Methylone (bk-MDMA) with Ecstacy (MDMA).

While MDMA gives you the psychedelia and everything Methylone is also psychedelic just not as psychedelic (however I have only had it once with 2-3 re-doses, and I liked it more than MDMA despite its duration). I'm sure that in larger doses bk-MDMA like MDMA is also quite psychedelic. However with Methylone you can actually relax, absolutley no tension (like you just had some narcotics/downers) along with all the mental capabilities of MDMA.

It also depends what you are looking for! I felt a lot more insight on my small to moderate doses of M.G. seeds than I did on 415-420mcg of LSD (my bigest doses to date was 2 hits at once each hit containing 210mcg, Hoffman Aniversary tablets).

As I see it the only problem with LSA is that no body bothers to extract it for monetary reasons (just like Opium isn't done anymore because of Heroin due to monetary reasons), however if I ever had access to pure powder of LSA (even if you do throw up even with the pure powder) I would take LSA over LSD. However I would take LSD if I wanted to get absolutley blasted and have a 'freak out' of a time, as LSD is in fact more visual than LSA (however my LSA trips were all weak in dosage compared to my LSD dosages) and with LSD you have the opportunity to have more fun.

Just like with bk-MDMA, you feel the best when you are alone by yourself to think about things with a cup of tea and a bowl of hash rather than smoke cigarettes and chat away grinding your teeth on MDMA.

I hope this comparison was helpful to you.

^ Thing is, MG and HBWR seeds contain a large variety of different lysergamides, some of them responsible for the psychedelia, some for more sedative effects, some for the toxic reactions etc. If you could have them in pure powder form, it would be nice to figure out the nicest mixture for best results. However, it is practically impossible to extract them so specifically, and no-one would bother actually synthesizing any of these from ergotamine or lysergic acid when you can just as easily make LSD from these starting materials.

I would definitely agree though that the LSAs have their own uses, and would certainly experiment with them more, but I hate the nausea they can sometimes give me, and that is the reason I prefer using LSD instead if it is available to me (which it usually is).

LSA was the best trip I have ever had. Best body high and most euphoria I have had on any drug. Not to mention the most insanity. I would always get these thoughts in the back of my head that always started with "what if?" then I would feel a huge rush starting from my feet and shoot straight to my head then I would get insane visuals and freak out about how dirty my house was haha. Then try and pick it up but the whole concept of getting on my knees was so weird to me I couldn't do it.

8 HBW and i had nausea, was talking to myself, no visuals, body cramps, and a headache. also i was sent to the hospital

When did this get the B&D treatment? Missed that. But LSA (in the form of HBWR anyway) is godly and one of my all-time fave psyches so no - it does not suck. Anyone who says different is just plain wrong and should try harder ;)

PS: Doh! It didn't get the B&D treatment so much as bumped from a while back... I even posted in it at the time :eek:

Admit it, seeds are for when you're too green and unconnected to get real drugs. I dabbled in them for a period... yuck! horrible nausea, pains, etc.... then I met other heads, and got access to real shrooms and acid and never even considered doing the seeds again.

I'm not exactly green and I can get pretty much any drug I wish for. HBWR are still one of my all-time favourites. Never had nausea. Never had pain. Just amazing trips every time. Y'all are doing 'em wrong ;)

^^Not at all Dwayne. I had quite a few Morning Glory trips last year, and I had immediate access to many other psychedelics including LSD, many 2C phens, and many tryptamines. I just love the LSA trip, I certainly don't see it as a fall-back plan or a secondary substitute. The LSA trip is actually one of the most refreshing and naturally euphoric psychedelic states I've expereinced, with one of the very best afterglows.