Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 24

i am still watching season four on dvd right now (12 hours in) and lordy what the fuck happened?
all of the sudden everything is cheesy and soft and i am not sitting on the edge of my seat.
redemption please.

Not trying to insult your oppinion, but 24 has always been horrible to me. That actor just can't seem to put real emotion into his work, it always feels like i'm watching some cheesy television show and I HATE IT! I'd rather watch grass grow then see that dumb bastard try to take down another totally unbeleivable 'terrorist threat'.

i agree that these days (especially after like say... three of them) are just out there and stupid in repetition.
and that while i love keifer he isnt the most emotional or convincing (maybe thats why they are making him all sulky and in love in the fourth season).
but...
while i cannot watch action movies like, i dont know- die another day, xxx, mission impossible, or anything along these lines- i have actually liked 24. first season i enjoyed a lot, second was not too bad. third it took me over a year to watch. last night as we watched the fourth season disc(s) i sat and cut split ends out of my hair instead of looking at the screen .
i know a big part of it is because keifer is in it, heck i even watched truth or consenquences, n.m. for that reason.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120383...DB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=13;ft=364;fm=1

AHAHAHAH! Good start to the new season. If it keeps up like this, well be in good shape. Honestly, 3 & 4 were very so-so, especially 4. It just got annoying how every time they foiled one terrorist plot another came up, and you knew it would because it was less than 1/2 through the season. So far though, theyve killed major characters and dragged jack back into things while tying the events into previous seasons. I hope this is the last season and it keeps up on a good pace and isnt as forced or transparent as season 4. :)

tons of rumors flying around the web, tv news and entertainment shows asking/hinting/whatever if people will be willing to watch 24 without kiefer sutherland/jack bauer....

give it up jack!
but of course it will never be kiefer free since it is his show and all...

Well, I just watched season 5 episode 6........and we are BACK in business!!!!

Season 5 rocks so far. Seasons 3 and 4 sucked....and now we are back to the real 24. The political intrigue this season is finally being done right (thank god). I think the writers are doing a really good job this time around.

Plus, I can't think of another TV show with such frank political content:

For example, tonight the U.S Chief of Staff secretly allowed the theft of nerve gas by Russian terrorists. He explained this by saying that the U.S needed a pretext to increase military operations in east Asia to secure oil pipelines there. His plan was to prematurely detonate the gas before the terrorists could use it on Moscow...so that the U.S could publicize the usage of WMD in the former soviet bloc...and gather public support to begin a military buildup there.

How's THAT for politics! :)

I'm hooked. It's looking like a great season so far and everybody should tune in. For all of you who thought the 24 writers didn't have the balls to be too critical of the government......START WATCHING.

24 writers are going to say anything they want to this season.

kiefer picked up the SAG award for outstanding preformance by a male in a drama seies... and talked about the very real possibility of a 24 movie

earlier news- jan.9:
Kiefer Talks 24's Future
Series coming to the big screen?
by IGN FilmForce
January 9, 2006 - FOX's hit action-thriller series 24 is returning for its fifth season next week. The show is still going strong, but what does the future hold? Star Kiefer Sutherland recently chatted with Entertainment Weekly about possible changes on the horizon.

"We've known from the very beginning that it never can run forever with the same characters, and I'm one of those characters,'' he says. "The show will get to a point where you might be going through complete cast changes season to season. I'm going to be really sad when that day comes, because I've learned more on this show than on any project I've ever done.''

Sutherland also hinted that the series could eventually transition to the big screen. "It can be an amazing series of movies,'' he says. ''One of the things I've experienced making this show is that an audience can handle a lot more than we thought when we started — the tension, the anxiety.... If we could [compress] all the energy we spread over 24 hours of programming and put that into 2, I think we'd knock your socks off.''

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/679/679765p1.html

more recent:
Could a '24' movie be in Kiefer Sutherland's future?

By Daniel Fienberg
Zap2it.com

Since 2001, Kiefer Sutherland's dedicated CTU agent Jack Bauer has dedicated his life to saving America and its designated leaders on Fox's Emmy-winning drama ''24.'' Might Jack's next challenge be figuring out how to protect the domestic box office from rumors of a slump?

Speaking with reporters at the semi-annual Television Critics Association press tour, Sutherland reiterated his long-expressed enthusiasm for bringing ''24'' to the big screen at some point, perhaps in the not-too-distant future.

''It's certainly something that I have expressed an incredible amount of interest in doing,'' Sutherland says. ''It is something that [producers] Joel [Surnow] and Howard [Gordon] and Bob [Cochran] and — we've all talked about. One of the real difficulties, and Joel's expressed it in a number of interviews, is that any time they got really close to having a great idea for having a film, we needed it for episode 18, so there it went.''

The fifth season of ''24'' began Jan. 16 and viewers flocked to Fox to find out what national calamity would force Jack to resurface after faking his own death at the end of last season's chaotic day of work. Preliminary ratings had ''24'' drawing a record 16.2 million viewers, many of whom are still buzzing over the shocking opening minutes, which featured the deaths of a pair of beloved supporting characters. Casualties aside, though, the only currently indispensable character for a feature would be Sutherland's Jack, who has protected the world from bombs, viruses and other myriad catastrophes.

''I love playing the character and it's something I care an awful lot about,'' Sutherland says. ''And I think certainly it is a genre of film that I have always loved as an audience person. I think there is an audience out there for that.''

He continues, ''I think there's always a way to actually deal with an idea of '24' as a film that would completely be separate from '24' the television show. And by that I mean the characters could be different. They could be completely unrelated, and I think that that would still be effective. Obviously, it's something that I would be very eager to do, and it requires a lot of other people to feel the same way.''

One major problem with a possible ''24'' feature is Jack Bauer's tendency to require precisely 1440 minutes to save the world from the brink of disaster. Barring a Warhol-esque marathon, a theatrical film might have to be closer to 120 minutes. Would a single day in Jack's life be edited down to two hours? Would Jack just be put on a tighter deadline for a big screen adventure?

''There are some real-time aspects that are certainly presenting challenges,'' chuckles Sutherland.
http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/tv/all-tv240123jan23,0,2481195.story

http://www.kiefer-rocks.com/ !!

My only complaint: that the Government was again somehow involved w/ letting the terrorists gain a weapon (who are in turn, obviously backed by some multi-national or what-not). Other than that, it's a huge step-up from the past 2 seasons.

Well i've just watched the 10 minute teaser preview on Sky One (UK) and i gripped already.
I said it last season and i'll say it again, Chloe just keeps getting hotter and hotter.

So Sky One (UK) showed the first two episodes on Sunday night and it appears their showing two episodes every sunday, i could be wrong but it looks that way.
Anyway WOW, two VIP characters killed of in the first twenty minutes of the first episode.
I must admit i was in a state of shock for a while, i was looking forward to perving on Michelle Dessler for another 24 episodes-shame.

I suspect there will more high profile deaths to come?
Is this the producers/directors way of winding down the whole 24 empire ready for termination?

new 24 news:

Monday, April 10, 2006; Posted: 4:43 p.m. EDT (20:43 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- "24" star Kiefer Sutherland has inked a multifaceted deal with 20th Century Fox Television.

The rich pact, which is set to begin in June, calls for the actor to continue on the hit Fox drama for three more years and includes a two-year development deal for Sutherland's soon-to-be-launched production banner.

Details on the deal were sketchy, but sources pegged the acting portion alone at more than $40 million for the three seasons, which could make Sutherland the highest-paid actor in a drama series.

While the deal with Sutherland locks him in for three additional years beyond the current fifth season of "24," the 20th TV/Imagine TV-produced show so far has been picked up for one additional season.

Under the pact, Sutherland also will be elevated from a co-executive producer to executive producer on "24" next season alongside Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Howard Gordon and Evan Katz.

The development portion of the deal is said to include overhead and a development fund for Sutherland's company. Sutherland will hire a development executive and will begin to develop and executive produce projects for television as well as the Internet and wireless devices.

Sutherland called his past five years on the show "one of the most creative and rewarding experiences in my career."

In its fifth season, "24" is enjoying some of its best ratings and critical notices. The show, which introduced the now-hot serialized thriller genre, also has become a DVD best-seller and has spawned a mobile phone series.

Sutherland's performance on "24" has earned him a Golden Globe award and four Emmy nominations.

On the big screen, he next will be seen opposite Michael Douglas and Kim Basinger in "The Sentinel" and will provide the voice of the lion in Disney's "The Wild."

The "Chinese" kidnapped him? The Chinese have not been in the plotline forever. After the last scene I wondered, maybe the 24 writers got too drunk the night they were supposed to be writing the cool finale, and just wrote this as an after thought?

I thought Graham and the bluetooth gang were going to scoop up Jack and reveal to him some meta-secret that would change his thinking....or maybe open his eyes to some interesting aspect of world politics. They had a lot to go on....the "politics of scarcity, jack..." "....the way things really work."

Think about it, the whole episode we've been wondering about the Bluetooth gang. Obviously they are American. Obviously they are powerful, but why? Henderson once said, "They can touch you Jack." Clearly the writers are trying to show us that there are people more powerful than presidents. I don't know about you all but that is pretty interesting to me. I was hoping that in the final episode, we'd get the goods on the mega oil-industrial complex!

But no, we don't get a single tidbit of political intrigue or an interesting plot resolution. We get a random, WTF ending that has nothing to do with the season's plotline, and is only a shallow teaser for what will probably be a lackluster next season.

I've discovered that the summer is just one long commercial break for the 24 team. They don't care enough about the audience to give them a resolution. All they care about is getting people to think, "Hey I wonder what the CHINESE guys are gonna do to JACK!? I'll watch next season to find OUT!"

Well surprise 24 writers, I'm not coming back next season. When I watch a 2-hour movie I expect a good story with a resolution at the end. When I spend 6 months watching a GOOD TV show like 24, I expect a f***ing resolution not some half-assed cliffhanger!

It is just so dissapointing, because this season really was good. Great writing, great acting, interesting plot, political drama, everything. And then.....nothing.

To all those who will be sticking around next season, I hope you like waiting six months for nothing.

Last edited:
after the first 40 minutes i sat there wondering (not in a edge of my seat way) what was going to happen with the next 80 and why it was needed.
after a while i realized that, in fact, there was nothing and it was not needed. i fast forwarded through his reunion with audrey and yelled at the tv to have someone killed. why isnt kim dead? why didnt graham assassinate logan when he got off the chopper? (i thought there was a behind all the boxes in the background camera angle view thrown in there that was going to lead to that)
bah!
i expected a bit more from a season hat was better than last (not that that one was hard to achieve) and had twists all along.
worst parts of the season? all of the sudden jack is super sappy and likes to show it all the time with touching conversations and wtf is going on with the music?

i really like this series i started whatching it during season 2 and never finished it till season 4 was out on dvd. Thank the TV gods for the hollywood video MVP pass. With that pass i rented all of season 2 then moved on to season 3 which i didnt find all that great i was hoping kim would get killed outside the library and i rented season 4 which was pretty bad ass except the new president was lame as hell especially for trying to make jack the fall guy. i did see the premiere of season 5 and i like how it started havent seen any of the rest im just gunna wait till theyre on dvd. AND after the 4th season i decided to whatch the 1st season but that was sooo bad i couldnt finish i got like half way through it and didnt rent the rest bah.

one thing ive wondered bout this show is if the characters know if theyre going to get killed or worry that they only got paid for one episode and kind of wonder why everyone else got paid for the whole season?

24 is the best and in my opinion it gets better every year, i just finished season 5 and i dont think there was anything wrong with the ending, it was inevitable that the chinese had to come into it somehow, afterall jack was meant to be dead.
And i dont think we need to know the identies of the bluetooth gang, they were most probably just very powerfull businessmen.