Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 24

first two were subpar and a bit boring, even after last season... the next two hours stepped it up a bit. i'll be around watching again this week even if it is just to see renee. i am interested in where the whole renee plot line is going. i liked when she went full tilt on the guy with the monitor on.
i suppose i have freddy prinze and hassan set, in my mind, into type characterizations because i am having a hard time getting past she's all that (or whatever other bad movie he was in) and slumdog.
i know there has always been a full undercurrent of personal issues in every season of 24, but it seems to be too much too early this year with renee's issues, jack's daughter being too helpful getting rid of him, the relationship between walsh and prinze's guy, walsh's past already in full effect and to top it all off the inexperience and bumbling of hastings. too many subplots just dilute the real plot line that could be shinning through.

I agree with this.

1. The bumbling guy in charge (Hastings in this case). Hasn't this been worked to death already? Can't they get creative with writing and have a plot where the person in charge listens to Jack an Chloe but there are difficulties and conflict nevertheless? I gets a little silly when Jack and Chloe are right every time but head honchos keep ignoring them and even attempting to stop them.

2. Dana and her ex husband. What is the point of this? I am already very annoyed with this plot line. And why the hell would she give him a KEY? Does she really think placating him temporarily is going to make things better? This is not plausible. Obviously this is going to have some sort of annoying connection to the overall plot (like in season 5 with the nerve gas when they needed Lynn Mcgill's ID card for their nefarious plot, and McGill did not tell anyone it was stolen because he was embarrassed. Come on.).

3. Kim Bauer. Really? Again? Enough of her already.

4. The bomb that was under the manhole. This did not seem to do much damage. Wouldn't he have put enough explosives under there to blow half the block to pieces? Instead he slightly misses his target and no one gets seriously hurt?

5. I feel like I could go on, but there is no need. I'll keep watching, just out of curiosity to see what happens next.

FINALLY! Last night was a very holy shit episode. I'm glad we had some serious action after the last two episodes being sort of those transitional from point A to point B epsiodes.

i really hate dana/jenny's subplot, but last night's heist was definitely entertaining and had my adrenaline up. i also love where they are going with president hassan. oh, politics. :)

and dude, go renee go!

I actually think this season is very weak.

However, after reading your post, It did occur to me that

1) It was cool to See Renee lose her shit and go apeshit on that asshole Vladimir

2) The Hassan situation is getting interesting. They are doing a good job of showing a good man basically having a nervous breakdown

3) The Dana subplot finally got interesting, and their badly botched break-in was rather amusing. And I really did think the one guy had turned on the other when he pointed the gun at him.

I agree with this.

1. The bumbling guy in charge (Hastings in this case). Hasn't this been worked to death already? Can't they get creative with writing and have a plot where the person in charge listens to Jack an Chloe but there are difficulties and conflict nevertheless? I gets a little silly when Jack and Chloe are right every time but head honchos keep ignoring them and even attempting to stop them.

2. Dana and her ex husband. What is the point of this? I am already very annoyed with this plot line. And why the hell would she give him a KEY? Does she really think placating him temporarily is going to make things better? This is not plausible. Obviously this is going to have some sort of annoying connection to the overall plot (like in season 5 with the nerve gas when they needed Lynn Mcgill's ID card for their nefarious plot, and McGill did not tell anyone it was stolen because he was embarrassed. Come on.).

3. Kim Bauer. Really? Again? Enough of her already.

4. The bomb that was under the manhole. This did not seem to do much damage. Wouldn't he have put enough explosives under there to blow half the block to pieces? Instead he slightly misses his target and no one gets seriously hurt?

5. I feel like I could go on, but there is no need. I'll keep watching, just out of curiosity to see what happens next.
We're an episode behind in the UK, but I agree with all of this.

That stooping mofo Hastings - the hunchback of CTU - is another walking plot device, along with that dumbass Dana.

what have i missed?

n.b. i haven't watched this shit since the first ridiculous season.

n.b2 you really don't need to answer.

^^^oh hey your screen name was a correct response a few days ago on jeopardy. trebek even complimented the contestant for using the correct german pronounciation of "vonderlust". :)

sorry to side bar.

btw, jack must have some serious freakishly strong monkey toes to grab that russian dude's wrist to turn the connector cables back on himself.

I am glad this season is better than last. I almost stopped watching after last season. I always look foward to the Jack Bauer Power Hour!

last night's hour was intense
i thought it was funny when head of security met up with president hassan's daughter and he basically said, "my lawyer will be here in two hours". kayla hassan should have been like, "soooooooo....what should we do for two hours?" hahaha cue in the bow chica bow wow music. and anyone think that american terrorist dude's eyes were crazy froggy?!?! i mean geez! when they showed his face, it made my eyes widen. i hate that!

I concur.

I thought very little happened last night. Was that really an hour? I think the show is running out of steam.

I don't care about Dana or Cole. If the writers' intent was for us to care about them, they have done a poor job, because I find them both unlikable. Aldo or whatever his name is, is very annoying. Okay, you're into Dana. She's not into you. Drop it already.

None of these characters are compelling or interesting. In the old days, we had Jack, Tony, Bill Buchannan, Michelle, Curtis Manning, President Palmer. These were interesting characters that we cared about. Who are these people that comprise the main cast now? Who cares? And one of the more interesting characters, Renee Walker, wasn't even in the episode at all.

what was up with the sneak for next week's episode?!? at 3:15 something is going to happen...and then at 3:42 something else is going to happen...and then at 3:54 EVERYTHING CHANGES!!!!

dood. that was super lame! (facepalm)

what was up with the sneak for next week's episode?!? at 3:15 something is going to happen...and then at 3:42 something else is going to happen...and then at 3:54 EVERYTHING CHANGES!!!!

dood. that was super lame! (facepalm)

The overhype of this year's twist has begun!

omg really?!? even now moreso than ever i fucking hate dana walsh. really?!? fucking really?!? yeah okay, super awesome what he did to milton from office space, but that phone call afterwards? what happened to "cole, i think im going to turn myself in"?!? because that call at the end of this week's episode basically made that dialogue a couple episodes back completely bullshit.

okay...im dont venting.

aside from that, HOLY SHIT! what an episode! chloe in true chloe form. that was awesome. and then the obligatory director of CTU coming around sequence...engage. the firefight was intense too.

and renee saving the day? *cue in sexy time music for jack and renee back at jack's apartment after they find the nuclear rods*

Finally an episode where some interesting events happen. Chloe taking charge was great. "I am going to ask you one last time." Awesome.

I am not sure what you mean about Dana Walsh though. She's a spy working with the bad guys. Anything she did or said was to maintain her cover and fit in as a CTU agent.

Chloe being Chloe. AWESOME. =D

And it's about time Renee is back in the mix.

I am not sure what you mean about Dana Walsh though. She's a spy working with the bad guys. Anything she did or said was to maintain her cover and fit in as a CTU agent.

i get that...but why go through the whole rigmarole of "im going to turn myself in to office space guy with red swingline stapler"?!? totally unnecessary if she was the spy. why not, when ortiz said take care of it, doesnt she just say "okay, ill take care of it". i just think that quick spin through morality was completely unecessary. the end of this episode just leads me to believe that the writers of 24 just wrote that ending

i get that...but why go through the whole rigmarole of "im going to turn myself in to office space guy with red swingline stapler"?!? totally unnecessary if she was the spy. why not, when ortiz said take care of it, doesnt she just say "okay, ill take care of it". i just think that quick spin through morality was completely unecessary. the end of this episode just leads me to believe that the writers of 24 just wrote that ending

Good point. I am pretty much in agreement all the way, I found the entire Dana Walsh subplot to be irritating and annoying. I think they had those extra scenes just to jerk us around and make the plot twist all the more of a surprise. The problem is, since we cared so little about her character in the first place, the plot twist wasn't a big deal the way the Tony Almeida plot twist was.