⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 24

Let's have some discussion here:

1) If you were Rob Weiss and General Bruckner, would you have done what they did? Do you think they were justified in what they did? Should they punished? Will a jury convict them? Would YOU convict them?

2) Do you agree or disagree with what President Taylor did?

3) If you were President Hassan would you make the sacrifice he did?

i havent had a chance to post this week, but Fjones, you hit it right on the head. i dug how they brought about "the dilemma". (sooo compelling! LOL. gawd i hated the sneak trailers from last season. so compelling. haha).

i understand jack's point of view. but can jack be "that" loyal? i guess thats why he's jack bauer. i remember in my world civ class in high school, when we talked about apartheid, a south african office said "a good officer cannot follow the law too well". definitely holds some truth in this case. ill answer your questions, but i warn you that i will contradict myself.

yes, i would do what weiss and bruckner did. homeland security is first and foremost, and should always be before foreign policy. you wouldn't leave your door unlocked and wide open when you leave your house to go to a neighbor's house that called you because she wanted you to help her with something. justified, absolutely. punished? also absolutely. or at least stand trial and let the system work its magic on them. chances are they will get off on the charges, imo.

i also agree with what president taylor did. i mean, c'mon. she is just following our long standing tradition of american arrogrance. thats why we're who WE are, haha. do i think she was wrong? yeah, probably.

yes, i would give myself up if i were hassan. but thanks to president taylor, aside from cabinet members, only a small tac team knew about the exchange. since this IS 24, taylor should have notified bauer and bauer should have staged the exchange with an ambush. but then again, dana walsh the mole. bah!

those two hours were amazing. and the end definitely caught me by suprise.

one thing i didnt mesh with was the honda insight with the blond chick. the drop and switch was way too perfect for the amount of time they had.

oh, and FUCK DANA WALSH!!!

For what it's worth, i agree with the American policy of not negotiating with terrorists. I think once you do that, you endanger millions of citizens by showing terrorists that they CAN get what they want by engaging in terrorist acts.
That said, Taylor should have just told Hassan, and then Hassan would have given himself up willingly. She should have made it her choice. She was worried about her own legacy instead of doing what was right for NYC.

lol @ discussing moral dilemmas characters on this show are having. Sorry, I just can't take the show seriously enough to warrant such analysis of the plot. It deserves the Mystery Science Theatre treatment at best. Carry on!

My roommate unfortunately watches this schlock and, for some reason, I watched the latest two episodes (I did have a good time making fun of it), but, man, what a steaming pile of shit this show is. The acting is horrible and the writing is absolutely dreadful. Watching it is kind of like jerking off to a picture of an American flag.

Last edited:
lol @ discussing moral dilemmas characters on this show are having. Sorry, I just can't take the show seriously enough to warrant such analysis of the plot. It deserves the Mystery Science Theatre treatment at best. Carry on!

My roommate unfortunately watches this schlock and, for some reason, I watched the latest two episodes (I did have a good time making fun of it), but, man, what a steaming pile of shit this show is. The acting is horrible and the writing is absolutely dreadful. Watching it is kind of like jerking off to a picture of an American flag.

Nevertheless, the issue presented in the show is an interesting one, and it is possible to have a discussion about he moral dilemmas involved. What would we do in real life if a similar threat existed?

I don't understand the American flag comparison, but it isn't important; you hate the show you did a good job of articulating that. I can't really blame you, as this has been the weakest season of what once was a great show. I still watch it but I certainly don't blame those who have given up on it.

Bout to embark on an epic mega session of the first series with some Benzos. Not seen any of it before

The acting is horrible and the writing is absolutely dreadful. Watching it is kind of like jerking off to a picture of an American flag.
LOL... totally get what you're saying there.

The first few seasons were great, but the writing began to suffer after Season 2 or 3. I think in the earlier seasons, the writing team were free to write with a bit of creativity and energy, while focusing on character development with cleverly hidden plot twists.

However, the latter series became increasingly influenced by the very public debates over waterboarding, extraordinary rendition and torture. I suspect the writers felt that they had to refer to what was going on in the news in order for the "story world" to remain relevant.

Unfortunately, the political commentary has been really poorly handled. After an initial flirt with the idea of a no-torture policy, the last few series devolved into something akin to a Bush-ist wet-dream with terribly "us-vs-them" cardboard-like characters: weak-stomached bureaucrats standing in the way of the red-blooded indestructible hero(es) who (with a reluctant and heavy heart) will do the things others won't to ensure the terrorists are kept at bay.

Alongside the fact that it's come to a natural stagnancy in plot twists and character development, it's also become an awkward combination of Team America and Universal Soldier... only it's neither funny or aware of it's own parody.

Explosions are good though.

hell yeah, president logan you douche. haha. i really want president taylor to go down. i never liked her. dpalmer4life. hah.

I love the show but its time for it to go. Days 1-4, with 3 being the most mind blowing, (when jack was on heroine) were hard to top. Interesting to see how these last 4 hours go as a set up for the movie.

Charles Logan Last night.... "that's jack bauer.. he's coming for me KILL HIM"..lulz...

EPIC

more than the last hour has been implausible.
if the end were not in sight i do not think i would still be hanging on. jack has gone whack. he is in too deep to come back in any way... so what is the premise for the movie going to be?

i heard the movie is being filmed in europe, is this true? if so, my prediction? jack becomes an enemy of the state and has to flee the country. cue in borne identity plotline, but edit with keifer sutherland. either way, id hella watch it!

yeah dude, logan was killing me this week. hillarious. but i think jack just wants us to think that jack has lost it.

perhaps... but you can't explain away seven dead russians. while he was just bashing heads on FBI officers and such he straight out murdered the russians.... or so they have us believe right now.

what werent you sure about, glow2? we all know that a movie is in the works and that the last episode will be the lead in. jack got his justice and president taylor is a total skcroob.

i was happy with it (and that my prediction was correct, haha). looking forward to the movie "2.5" (youseewhatididthere)

The ending was a bit poor in my opinion. It is pretty much the same ending as a couple of the other seasons. Jack has to run away. They could have taken the time to write a decent ending.

(hehe) And yeah, I just feel like the ending could have been done better. It was too cheesy.

The ending was a bit poor in my opinion. It is pretty much the same ending as a couple of the other seasons. Jack has to run away. They could have taken the time to write a decent ending.

Jack and Chloe, the two longest tenures cast members, having an emotional goodbye - seems like a fitting ending to me.

Jack and Chloe, the two longest tenures cast members, having an emotional goodbye - seems like a fitting ending to me.
The end should have been with Jack and Tony, who was a great character for the first 4 or 5 seasons but was later ruined.

Season 8 ended up having quite a good few episodes actually, after a terrible first half to the season. It actually had some excitement and drama, something unseen in years.

Season 8 was a lot better than 7, which was almost like a parody of itself.

Linking back to Logon etc also completed a longer story arc. Too much of 24 had just become a new cast and silly story each season. Apart from the same few people there wasn't enough of a link through the show to mantain much of a believable fictional universe. It became a brainless Die Hard rip off instead of the edge of your seat, conspiracy led thriller that got us all gripped in the first place.