• A CARTON, fuckwits

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • A BOX or a CASE

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Beerwhtfycunts

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Duckboy said:
^ it's because you are from Sydney. which appears to be a microcosm, detached from the real world in almost every way possible.

and just the way I like it ;)

CB :)

If you're going to have a crate of beer, why not just go the whole hog and get a trailer-full :D "Yeah mate, fill up the trailer will ya? I'll back 'er in" ;)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
If you're going to have a crate of beer, why not just go the whole hog and get a trailer-full :D "Yeah mate, fill up the trailer will ya? I'll back 'er in" ;)

Hahahahaha!!

Why not just get a shipping container? :D

Does anyone remember the Sydney punkabilly band "The Band that shot Liberty Valens"? I think they had it 'covered' with their genius ditty "I drank the slab but the... slab won"

I've heard 'box' being used to refer to 4 litres of wine - haven't seen that one come up yet...

... and of course it's a fucking traveller (the roadie carries in the amps)

A common way to buy beer in NZ, at least when I lived there, was by the mini tanker; A small trailer with a large tank that you toed behind your car. My mates and I (3 of us) had our 21st together and it was insisted by the others that we have not one, but 2 mini tankers. And to think, I didn't even drink in those days!!

I worked in Rock and Roll production up to the mid nineties and I must say I've never even heard the word traveller being used in this context. Perhaps it's a more recent thing?

phase_dancer said:
A common way to buy beer in NZ, at least when I lived there, was by the mini tanker; A small trailer with a large tank that you toed behind your car. My mates and I (3 of us) had our 21st together and it was insisted by the others that we have not one, but 2 mini tankers. And to think, I didn't even drink in those days!!

I worked in Rock and Roll production up to the mid nineties and I must say I've never even heard the word traveller being used in this context. Perhaps it's a more recent thing?

That's just mad! Mad, mad Kiwis! =D

p_d: a "traveller" is a beer (singular) you take with you to drink on your way somewhere. ie. "Got everything? Bag, eski, keys... better grab a traveller." Sometimes one might detour at the start of a journey through a drive-through bottlo to procure said "travellers". Pretty much essential for any road trip really.

I'd never heard the term traveller until Duckboy mentioned it re: COTB's strange ways. You're all wack. Wack.

Thanks SLM. I'll be using that term in a week or so when we travel to Byron Bay for our much needed short holiday. I won't driving of course, instead I'll be looking after a "traveller" or 2 ;)

p_d: a "traveller" is a beer (singular) you take with you to drink on your way somewhere. ie. "Got everything? Bag, eski, keys... better grab a traveller." Sometimes one might detour at the start of a journey through a drive-through bottlo to procure said "travellers". Pretty much essential for any road trip really.

I've never heard of the word "traveller" either. I actually thought what Phase thought and you were all referring to the guys and girls who set up/take down/shitkick on tours! LMAO

I don't think i even use a specific word to describe a drink that i take with me. That's probably because i think i've had a drink in a moving car once in my life. Yep, i live large. ;)

That would only be possible in a country that had something weird like... DRIVE-THRU BOTTLESHOPS!!!! :D

^speaking of trailers - I did have a co-worker once whose household bought beer by the pallet on a regular basis - that's 60-odd slabs every few weeks. He was a seedy looking chappy with plenty of disgusting personal anecdotes too - certainly made work more fun...

And speaking of travellers, our pram has a couple of beverage holders up top - intended for the latte set I imagine but you get some funny looks pushing the kiddy with a stubby securely in position.... ;)

samadhi said:
...That's probably because i think i've had a drink in a moving car once in my life. Yep, i live large. ;)
^They're not necessarily only consumed in cars. You can have a traveller when you're walking somewhere, or even using public transport.
It's a similar idea as taking one for Ron. :)

^ No, the one for Ron is an extra beer in addition to the roadie.

The roadie is the open beer you drink from the outset of the journey. You take one for Ron if the trip is going to be longer than one beer.

Of course if you aren't certain that you have enough beer about your person to last the whole trip, you should probably take one for Justin too.

As for what you call the unit of beer when you buy it, it's a case. Slab is acceptable if you are talking about a beer like VB or Draught, but you have to say it with a bogan whine in your voice.

you tripper.
Admittedly, I've only bought slabs in the GC, sydney and melbourne, and every time they've understood fine when I've demanded slabs. If they understand what I mean, its a slab.
If they don't i'll point at what i want and grunt.