• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of people do well with fasting. I am not one of them. For one, I rarely get nausea with psychedelics, so fasting isn't useful for me in that respect. I do, however, frequently have meltdowns if my blood sugar dips a bunch. I can't really skip meals and still function. When I trip, I make plans for food that I will likely be able to eat when tripping. If I don't, it's often when my blood sugar dips that a trip will head south. Plenty of people can skip meals no problem, though.

Fasting can be a good thing to incorporate in your regimen, though. It's known to increase levels of brain derived neurotrophic factor, for one. Intermittent fasting may provide the anti-aging benefits of severe calorie restrictive diets without actually having to restrict calories much. The jury is still out on that, and I wouldn't do it anyway. My metabolism is too damn high for that

High metabolism here too.. I went IF for maybe 3 months and simply couldnt hack it.. Mind I wasnt in the best place at the time. In the past (3 or 4 years ago now) I would fast monthly. 1 day just veg and water, x day(s) just water and then back to just veg and water for a day. Most month were only 1 day of water fasting, others 2, 3, 4, or 5... 5 was ridiculous I was so drained, as I was working a strenuous job too lol

Tbh Id like to get back into fasting, but I dont think Ill fast before a trip anymore, aside from a few hours.

Intermittent fasting has been ridiculously easy for me. Once my body learned that it wasn't getting food after early afternoon, I now have no issues eating my last meal at 2-3pm. Lots of times, I'll even not be planning on IFing that day, but then with an inability to eat dinner until 7pm onwards, I'll just skip dinner, and be totally fine.

Also, remember, IF or not, eat earlier in the day as much as you can. Eating later than 3-4hrs before bed significantly negatively influences sleep quality.

is anybody else getting sick and tired of mr peabody spamming news articles all over the boards without ever actually contributing to any kind of discussion?

I mean they even gave him his own subforum as his personal echochamber (nobody else posts in there, seriously) but it seems he feels lonely in there nowadays?

Not sick and tired per se but I hear you.
Don't really know about spreading the good word about ibogaine as much tbh, maybe that's because I literally don't know.

I've started Ritalin today, slow with 2x5mg to avoid mania, I feel it but with me taking Seroquel too, threshhold... I hope it's a game changer, amphetamine was always too strong for me, fiendish too and very mania inducing.

is anybody else getting sick and tired of mr peabody spamming news articles all over the boards without ever actually contributing to any kind of discussion?

I mean they even gave him his own subforum as his personal echochamber (nobody else posts in there, seriously) but it seems he feels lonely in there nowadays?
That one doesn't really bother me since he does have his own subforum. I don't notice him clogging up the activity feed either and I do actually like that someone is compiling research papers and articles here when most people are just posting whatever.

Not being able to put moderators on ignore is terrible though. On the night that my dad died in 2019, I actually came to Bluelight looking for some kind of.. I don't know; distraction, advice, something.

Instead, it was just some former mod in a benzo blackout spamming the site with gruesome details of their fucked up suicide fantasies. I said something, like one sentence, about how maybe a moderator of mental health shouldn't be rationalising suicide in graphic detail to depressed people and he spent the rest of the night badmouthing me all over Bluelight as if I were the source of his problems.

That sorted itself out in time, but I don't believe moderators should be exempt from having their posts silenced like everyone else.

On reflection, and (some deep breaths), I'll clarify: unless someone is targeting me, their posts generally are generally easy enough to disregard. Everyone has their own definition of spamming, and their own idea about what is relevant.

Last edited:
Not sick and tired per se but I hear you.
Don't really know about spreading the good word about ibogaine as much tbh, maybe that's because I literally don't know.
I'm not necessarily talking about the news feed in the pm subforum, allthough I do think it is mostly cherry picked stuff. and it is evident that nobody is actually talking there which is strange for it being a forum. ;)

but recently they started doing things like opening the same kinda threads in other subforums, like in ceps the one about indoor vertical growing as "sustainable farming" and then instead of taking part in a discussion in his thread, he just posts new articles in the same thread, changing the title to match the latest article he posted in that thread.

i don't know, somehow it pisses me off :D

It’s generally considered polite to tag someone if you are going to slag them in a public forum.

No! Because Mr.Peabody is a truly dear hearted fellow, whose intentions are true and who is simply passionate about researching and sharing developments, understanding and particularly therapeutic applications for any and all psychoactive substances.

Of the things that I get sick and tired of, that would not be one.

I can think of others.

If you don’t like the Beano comic glimmering at you from the shelf, where it has a rightful place to be, just don’t buy it.
but as an active user of ten years on here I am interested and kind of invested in the quality of information on here. and I don't think that creating echo chambers not conducive to actual discussion is the right way to go.

but let's see what @mr peabody thinks about my opinion. ;)

Shitty information gets posted on BL every day in every forum. The idea is that people will respond and the issue will be debated using appropriate evidence until the truth becomes clear.

It is hardly his fault no-one wants to debate the things he posts. But he’s also not the only member who posts a great deal and gets little response. Who knows? Maybe it’s therapeutic for him? He’s had some tragedy in his life. If so giving him the space to get through some personal grief related to drugs means BL is bang on mission.

Like every other thing a person finds annoying on BL you can block or skip over it if you don’t want to engage.

but as an active user of ten years on here I am interested and kind of invested in the quality of information on here. and I don't think that creating echo chambers not conducive to actual discussion is the right way to go.

but let's see what @mr peabody thinks about my opinion. ;)
I wasn’t actually myself going to be so frankly indecent and lowly to even draw the kind man’s attention, who I know to be one through private contact, to the utter lowliness and unwarranted negativity.

But you have.

He shouldn’t have ANY opinion, IMO.

Has he said something personal towards you or anybody?

Can you refute the validity of what the posts, claim it to be misinformation?

Now me, I do stick a whopping huge target on my head, literally inviting retaliation and plain mockery frequently.

I do the time.

Mr.Peabody is not a deserved scapegoat.

Try talking to him. You will find he is more consciously responsive than Alexa you know, with a free heart on top.

Edit- I say this, in staunch support of Mr.Peabody, out of principle. I would not want him to feel judged, deterred or disapproved of.

Last edited:
So a bit off topic but

I was thinking about the little write up I did about my trip and I’ll go back to edit that my dose of m wasn’t reckless. I’m not sure why I need to say it, perhaps because I keep saying “too much m”. Was it a high dose, sure but o don’t think it was that bad in the scheme of things.

Perhaps I redosed a bit early too at 60-90. And it was 1/2 as opposed to 1/3. Both of which, I think contributed to the strong effects, whereas I believe if I had wait a bit longer and took a bit less it would have simply prolonged it as opposed to making the effects stronger.

How do you guys like to dose m? Does it differ when it’s in a combo? Does what your combining it with effect the dose/timing. Ie acid+m is doses different than k+m...

Anyways no midweek blue though I’m back to my more “normal” agitated/on edge state. If I smoke some weed my mood is better and I’m super productive.
I scored a free entertainment system tho. New tv and stand and buddy just got a ps5 so he’s going to let me use his ps4... so I bought a wall mount for the tv and I’ll use my old tv as a monitor and get a wireless keyboard/mouse.

It’s nice to see my space come together. Looks pretty dope.

But more importantly ditching my old desk saved tones of space. I’ll actually have some space down here to do yoga now lol. Not that I couldn’t before but it was in the shared space as I was hitting stuff in my space , with some poses, before.

And I’m supposed to get a new, to me, car tomorrow. My old one was a pos ... it was almost embarrassing driving it to clients houses lol... I can wait for a functioning audio system. This thing was an 03 so no auxiliary cable, def no Bluetooth and the antenna was broken so half the radio stations didn’t work. Worst part? I had an fm transmitter in the glove box from long ago... and I never used it for some weird reason ...

I’m not usually so materialistic but it is nice to have nice things... esp when most of it was free lol ... the car is a good deal, and a necessity, so I feel it’s justified. Besides I’ve actually managed to save enough to pay for it our right. I’m just hoping it passes a safety

I haven’t been this financially stable since before going to university all those years ago. Nice not to have those stressors (now to knock off a few more lol)...

Finally I am to get my second Covid dose on Saturday... I’m hoping it doesn’t take me out for the long weekend.

Can’t say I was really for the vaccine. But between peer pressure from family, my line of work and the fact I put rcs in my body I figured why not lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.