• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out last night that my band's bass player, and more importantly, my little soul brother and favorite tripping companion and all around one of my absolute favorite people, has been having suicidal thoughts again and is leaving, moving back with his parents to try to figure his shit out, and we have to get a new bass player. :( He's really scared. I think a big part of it is way excessive drug use, psychedelics and ketamine. He says he feels like his thoughts are out of control and he knows the drugs don't help but when he starts feeling really down he turns to drugs to temporarily make him feel better... I can certainly relate, as I tend to do that too. But he also in general struggles with feelings of lack of self-worth, regardless of drug use. Also he is having a sort of mid-midlife crisis where he has no idea what to do with his life and feels like the path he has been on is not actually the path he wants anymore. I had a long talk with him last night, I told him he's amazing, and that I love him and I know he can get through it if he dedicates his energy wholly into it. He was feeling really guilty about leaving the band so I told him not to worry about us or feel guilty for even a second, that we just want him to be happy above all else. He cried a little so I just hugged him and held him for a long while.

I'm really sad about it, and worried about him. :( I'm also really bummed we have to find a new bass player, it just won't be the same. I do hope he comes back after he figures his shit out, we all told him that there will always be a place for him in the band if he wants to come back.

Just really gutted. :( I'm gonna miss my little bro, a lot. He's become one of my dearest friends, even though I only met him roughly a year ago.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Xorkoth. I'm glad that he's got support and a safety net, but nobody should have to go through that. You really said all the right things to him. 💜

It really sucks that you're not going to have your friends around.

Yeah it does... I really hope he comes back. I will miss him a lot, he and I basically hang out and talk non-stop, going on the road, I hang out with all the guys but me and him are a core unit, he made it the most fun to be on tour. Fuck man, this sucks. :( I really hope he comes back eventually...

That sucks man, but maybe in the near future, when he has his stuff figured out, he'll be willing to go back to playing with you guys and continue his life as usual. Hope that's the case !

Been taking this 2-FA almost daily for like a couple weeks now. I actually think it's on par with 2-FMA for functionality, but the only downside is the short duration (~3 hours). I've been taking 25-30mg at a time and usually redosing once a day. The one day I took three doses was like a week ago and after that I woke up in the middle of the night shaking, over the next thirty minutes it progressed into what seemed like a low-grade seizure. Sort of scary, but I ate some yogurt and the shaking completely stopped in like five minutes. That sort of makes me think it was low blood sugar, but since I've never really had anything like that, I can't help but wonder how much the 2-FA contributed. Haven't had any issues since and I took some F-phenibut for like the first time in a month last night—it really blended nice with the 2-FA and made the experience much more recreational.

That is scary...uncontrollable body shaking isn't fun, I've had it a couple of times from what I'm guessing was trauma/anxiety.

Been taking this 2-FA almost daily for like a couple weeks now. I actually think it's on par with 2-FMA for functionality, but the only downside is the short duration (~3 hours). I've been taking 25-30mg at a time and usually redosing once a day. The one day I took three doses was like a week ago and after that I woke up in the middle of the night shaking, over the next thirty minutes it progressed into what seemed like a low-grade seizure. Sort of scary, but I ate some yogurt and the shaking completely stopped in like five minutes. That sort of makes me think it was low blood sugar, but since I've never really had anything like that, I can't help but wonder how much the 2-FA contributed. Haven't had any issues since and I took some F-phenibut for like the first time in a month last night—it really blended nice with the 2-FA and made the experience much more recreational.

Huh, sounds sketchy. I got a gram of 2-FA once (from reputable good source), and it was strange, I definitely felt something but it was so mild that I kept taking more until the whole gram was gone. And I never got actually high, or even felt substantially stimulated. To call it "mild" is putting it... well, mildly.

Huh, sounds sketchy. I got a gram of 2-FA once (from reputable good source), and it was strange, I definitely felt something but it was so mild that I kept taking more until the whole gram was gone. And I never got actually high, or even felt substantially stimulated. To call it "mild" is putting it... well, mildly.
That reminds me of the other batch of "2-FA" I got years ago, it was actually one of the first research chemicals I ever purchased. Anyways I don't think that was actually 2-FA because all it gave me was peripheral stimulation and sweating. This stuff I'm pretty confident is 2-FA and I think I'd actually have a hard time telling it apart from amphetamine in a bind test.
That is scary...uncontrollable body shaking isn't fun, I've had it a couple of times from what I'm guessing was trauma/anxiety.
Yeah, I have gotten it from dissociatives on a number of occasions and honestly, weed gives me those uncomfortable shakes worse than anything. It's a pretty shitty feeling, but like you said it could just be anxiety more than anything.

While I did find 2-FA fairly mild I find it odd that someone would think it almost imperceptible. Mine was at least stronger than that, but I never did have it verified. That was back when I could also get 2-FMA, 3-FA, 4-FA and 4-FMA pretty easily and reliably too.

Yeah, I have gotten it from dissociatives on a number of occasions and honestly, weed gives me those uncomfortable shakes worse than anything. It's a pretty shitty feeling, but like you said it could just be anxiety more than anything.

My girlfriend has occasionally started shaking so hard it seemed like she was going to have a seizure from weed. The last time she tried to consume any weed-related stuff was when I made edibles out of CBD buds, quite strong, but I got just a faint bit of a high from it from the minimal quantities of THC and THC-A. But she started tremoring and having a panic attack, it lasted for most of the day. Weird, since CBD is actually prescribed in some cases against seizures.

Yeah I guess I just still don't really believe fully in BTC, it's too volatile to be a currency or a store of value, right now, IMO. I think a lot of it is hype. I feel more confidence in stock ETFs for long-term, stable but substantial gains, followed by cannabis industry stocks. These things are backed by real companies and products and services.

Reason I got scared on my RIOT (the BTC mining stock) is that I put $2k in, half of which was on margin, which means I was borrowing it. Meaning my gains and losses would be doubled on my actual money. It was a bold (read: stupid) move, but I wasn't willing to risk it once I saw it going down too much. And if it dipped too much I would have a margin call which means I'd need to fund more money from my bank to meet it, or else they would automatically liquidate my entire portfolio to pay it.
Ultimately buying on margin was dumb for such a volatile stock. It reiterates my belief that day trading is not my game, I'm looking for long term holds.

I will put some percentage of my portfolio into BTC as you're probably right that it will eventually go up way to $250k or so, since supply is finite. But very few investors go all in or even a large percentage into bitcoin and I don't think I will either. I'd rather be 80% in ETFs... some higher-risk ETFs I am buying positions have an average yearly return of 54% for the past 10 years, with little risk... if the market crashes, it is a bad year but there are still gains. The past 365 days with one of my ETFs has shown a 169% increase. Lower-key ETFs average 15-20% return per year. So let's say average 25% per year across them all to be conservative. In 10 years, you have nearly 10xed your money, with little risk. And then the other 20% you put into single stocks which is riskier but has the potential for huge gains, especially if you invest in emerging industries (like cannabis). When full legalization happens I could 10x my cannabis investments, or more, in a year, then cash out and put that in ETFs. ETFs and mutual funds gain steadily, forever, and it's not putting all your eggs in one basket like bitcoin, or individual stocks. Bitcoin, I'm pretty sure, will balloon upward again, but $44k right now to maybe $60k this year... 50% gain. Then let's say it gets to $250k, which it may, or may not. Bitcoin may ultimately end up losing support, and if it does, then if you're heavily invested in it, your investment ended up going nowhere.

So much of crypto is hype. The underlying investment is a nothing product, it is only worth anything because people think it is. Whereas investing in companies and markets is investing in goods and services and businesses. I would be wary of putting all your eggs in the crypto basket, or letting yourself get too caught up in the hype. People talk about it being a store of value, which it is, and about it becoming a reserve currency, which I doubt. it's too volatile to be a reserve currency. Unless it can get to where the price doesn't wildly swing and crash every few years, it will just be an investment based on hype. And the chances of it becoming a widely used currency are slim, IMO. I mean technically it is decentralized, but massive corporations and governments own the means to mine it (run the network) so it isn't really. And it can only process like 5 transactions per second, and transactions cost quite a bit of money to execute. Last time I sent BTC to pay for drugs, I had to pay almost $10 to send $330 and it took over an hour. You're never going to use bitcoin at the store. And since every sale and purchase changes the price, it really isn't suitable for currency. These are the reasons why I think a lot of it is hype to generate FOMO. Some whales are manipulating the crypto markets heavily and raking in money from small investors. Every time it spikes there are legions of people shouting Bitcoin!! from the rooftops, oh my god Bitcoin is going to moon, it's the answer, you're missing out. I'm really wary of that.

Ooph, yea, no marign plays for me without stop loss limit sell orders set to minimize losses. Your move makes sense.

I don't believe in going all-in in crypto either, but I'd definitely disagree with some of your points in your final paragraph. The Lightning network fixes BTC as currency issues, eg. cost and speed issues, and I don't think it's possible for it to just go away, now that there's so much institutional investment.

Ooph, yea, no marign plays for me without stop loss limit sell orders set to minimize losses. Your move makes sense.

I don't believe in going all-in in crypto either, but I'd definitely disagree with some of your points in your final paragraph. The Lightning network fixes BTC as currency issues, eg. cost and speed issues, and I don't think it's possible for it to just go away, now that there's so much institutional investment.
The biggest problem imo with BTC in particular is energy consumption, I guess if the trading volume settles down and it becomes more of a value store that will be less of a problem though. I've switched to LTC for purchases because the TX fees for BTC and ETH are crazy right now, but I like NANO long term as more of a payment solution.

The biggest problem imo with BTC in particular is energy consumption, I guess if the trading volume settles down and it becomes more of a value store that will be less of a problem though. I've switched to LTC for purchases because the TX fees for BTC and ETH are crazy right now, but I like NANO long term as more of a payment solution.

Yeah Nano is much better as a currency. Instant transfer for no fee, and it already works as fast as we'd need it to be. Of course Bitcoin has the name recognition, and everything's value is tied to Bitcoin, at least at this point. So really BTC has the strongest chance of making it to the mainstream, if the awkwardness/cost of using it and the price volatility are solved.

I keep hearing about the lightning network, so what's the deal with Bitcoin being so slow and having such big fees? Why isn't it implemented?

Going through old posts near march last year bought back memories of those early lsd trips before i lost alot of the magic. I think i have alot of magic lost even with the breaks i took compared to those 150 ug trips i really did enter the same super mind blowing realms a few times before i really abused the lsd last year but did get various trips back when i did take longer breaks. This 4-5 month break is going to do alot of good. And going back to 2019 where i only dosed every so often that year like once a month for lsd even lower doses really took me out there along with high doses.

Starting to acutally not feel as drained and tired now man that lack of sleep does fuck you up for a few weeks.

Feel allot better now than back when I was tripping regularly was always very drained and sleeping poorly back then. Think they def messed up something chemically in my brain that caused my sleep issues to be so bad. Now it's allot better even if I abruptly stop thc I still seem to sleep fine now which was never the case.

Might do a little 2c-p tonight it's midnight already but woke up late to I'm so gonna be up for a bit. Also already got my dose sucked up into my oral syringe. Only plugging 2mgs so maybe I'll fall asleep by around sunrise. Think I'll just chill with some music then watch some movies.

Going through old posts near march last year bought back memories of those early lsd trips before i lost alot of the magic. I think i have alot of magic lost even with the breaks i took compared to those 150 ug trips i really did enter the same super mind blowing realms a few times before i really abused the lsd last year but did get various trips back when i did take longer breaks

I think we have to define loss of magic. Is it lack of insight? Lack of satisfaction? The chemicals always work. But I can say I don't get the mind blowing insights like when I was younger as they are integrated into my consciousness. Sort of like I am already there in a way. I get them everyday from regular things. So going from a normal waking consciousness to taking LSD the first few times are mind blowing and then if I keep doing that it becomes routine. So I think that is what we call the loss of magic. But magic is everywhere. Not sure why we became so immune to seeing it. LIke how does ignorance of that beauty remain so stuck in place with people? With me? It fades.

I have said a few times if you have your head on straight (like most here) and keep tripping it will just get boring, rotuine. It is a tool but has it's limits. Hell even DMT will stop working on a person that does it too much in it's own way. Or the dimensions get boring. lol So cutting back and tripping after reading books, living life by taking in different stimuli works better.

Just simple logic. Psychedelics are strong and can knock a person off his center. But a person that is aleady centered it just becomes commonplace and our minds look to other things here in regular consciousness to stimulate us. Then we sleep. lol (to recharge)

I am talking regular psychedelics. Certainly not dissociatives. I believe the loss of magic from dissociatives is more sinister. Scarier. Eh, not sure though. I have no real experience with that.

Last edited:
Ended up not doing it last night was kinda tired and didn't want my sleep schedule to get messed up again. Just put the syringe in bag and put it inside a bottle. Probably will do it a little later this afternoon or evening.

Ended up doing some 2c-p 3 times in a week near the middle-end of last month when I was still on my thc break. Was fairly low doses just snorted 1-2mgs followed by multiple sub mg redoses.

Did you find there's much of a noticeable difference between ROAs?

If you do trip, have a good one :)

Stanislov grof books his trip report of 5 meo dmt is so amazing so here it is for people to read who don't own it.

The beginning of the experience was very sudden and dramatic. I was hit by a thunderbolt of immense power that instantly shattered and dissolved my everyday reality. I lost all contact with the surrounding world, which completely disappeared as if by magic. In the past, whenever I had taken a high-dose of psychedelics, I liked to lie down and make myself comfortable. This time, any such concerns were irrelevant because I lost awareness of my body, as well as of the environment. After the session, I was told that after taking a couple of drags, I sat there for several minutes like a sculpture, holding the pipe near my mouth. Cristina and Paul had to take the pipe from my hand and put my body in a reclining position on the couch.

In all my previous sessions, I had always maintained basic orientation. I knew who I was, where I was, and why I was having unusual experiences. This time all this dissolved in a matter of seconds. The awareness of my everyday existence, my name, my whereabouts, and my life disappeared as if by magic. Stan Grof … California … United States … planet Earth … these concepts faintly echoed for a few moments like dreamlike images on the far periphery of my consciousness and then faded away altogether. I tried hard to remember myself of all the existence of the realities I used to know, but they suddenly did not make any sense.

In all my previous psychedelic sessions there always had been some rich specific content. The experiences related to my present lifetime – the story of my childhood, infancy, birth, and embryonal life – or to various themes from the transpersonal domain – my past life experiences, images from human history, archetypal visions of deities or demons, or visits to various mythological domains. This time, none of these dimensions seemed to exist, let alone manifest. My only reality was a mass of radiant swirling energy of immense proportions that seemed to contain all of existence in a condensed and entirely abstract form. I became Consciousness facing the Absolute.

It had the brightness of myriad suns, yet it was not the same continuum with any light I knew from everyday life. It seemed to be pure consciousness, intelligence, and creative energy transcending all polarities. It was infinite and finite, divine and demonic, terrifying and ecstatic, creative and destructive - all that and much more. I had no concept, no categories for what I was witnessing. I could not maintain a sense of separate existence in the face of such a force. My ordinary identity was shattered and dissolved; I became one with the Source. In retrospect, I believe I must have experienced the Dharmakaya, the Primary Clear Light, which according to the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Bardo Thödol, appears at the moment of our death. It bore some resemblance to what I encountered in my first LSD session, but it was much more over whelming and completely extinguished any sense of my separate identity.

My encounter with the Absolute lasted approximately 20 minutes of clock time, as measured by external observers. As far as I was concerned, during the entire duration of my experience, time ceased to exist and lost any meaning whatsoever. After what seemed like an eternity, concrete dreamlike images and concepts began to form in my experiential field. I started intuiting fleeting images of a cosmos with galaxies, stars, and planets, Later, I gradually visualized a solar system, and within it the Earth, with large continents.

Initially, these images were very distant and unreal, but as the experience continued, I started to feel that these realities might actually have objective existence. Gradually, this crystallized further into the images of the United States and California. The last to emerge was the sense of my everyday identity and the awareness of my present life. At first, the contact with the ordinary reality was extremely faint. I recognized where I was and what the circumstances were. But I was sure that I had taken a dose that was excessive and that I was actually dying. For some time, I believed I was experiencing the bardo, the intermediate state between my present life and my birth in the next incarnation, as it is described in the Tibetan texts.

As I was regaining more solid contact with reality, I reached a point where I knew that I was coming down from a psychedelic session and that I would survive this experiment. I was lying there, still experiencing myself as dying, but now without the sense that my present life was threatened. My dying seemed to be related to scenes from my previous incarnations. I found myself in many dramatic situations happening in different parts of the world throughout the centuries, all of them dangerous and painful. Various groups of muscles in my body were twitching and shaking, as my body was hurting and dying in these different contexts. However, as my karmic history played out in my body, I was in a state of profound bliss, completely detached from all these dramas, which persisted even after all the specific content disappeared from my experience.

- Stanislav Grof, "When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-Ordinary Reality." (2006)

The czechs are really on another level with psychedelic thepary a must watch movie learnt a few things about how to anchor back into reality after many intense trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.