• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

Did you see the earlier reports of vein problems/clogs only after a week of shooting Wellbutrin? I mean this as a friendly debate of sorts, but the most interesting conclusion I draw from this topic is how greatly and quickly the damage occurs, and the examples of toll-taking on the human body we are finding with this new fad. <<(opinion)

Water vein flush is better than Wellbutrin being injected. And pickled spider legs are as stupid as shooting Wellbutrin. <<(fact)

Last edited:
I dont see a fact there i see an exagerated opinion. Just because one person said their veins felt "clogged" cant prove anything, not nearly enough info to come to definitive conclusions. People shoot all sorts of nasty cut meth, coke, dope, pills with talc

Anyone ever took naltrexone 15 hours to 24 hours after using heroin??

Wrong thread...? Why on earth would one risk an extremely unpleasant experience by doing something so mindless.

On topic:
I've tried to find any way possible (experimenting with different doses under what I read could cause seizures) to get an enjoyable experience with bupropion, but it wasn't worth it.

I'm not sure if it's because I've experienced what other more recreational stimulants have to offer.

I know the first two to three weeks of introduction of bupropion, Wellbutrin, can cause long lasting dissociation & opposite effects of feeling calm; almost like the feeling of benzo withdrawal to some extent. So many people don't follow through with these drugs many times because the first weeks of discomfort seem unbearable. That would cause me more fear of shooting them. But again, just an opinion. To each his own.

Nope, but i bet 1/2 of it was gone because you had to boil the water away, you had 75 mg i guess. You should just smash the pill and boil it and get all the coating and crap away, the filter, let it get in room temperature and then hit it..
I agree with you that the boiling destroyed it. I had boiled 2/3 the solution of 150mg to 3cc for injection, and it did nothing. Later that day, I injected the rest of the solution, which could have been ~37mg, and received vein trauma akin to an EPH injection, no rush, and mild stimulation for an hour. Certainly not going to try this one again. Only reason I did was because I found an old pill in my drawer from when I used to have a script.

Therefore, I will add that I won't be doing this again, and I'm taking away a lesson that it is mildly interesting how prevalent IV use of this drug has become in my area, as I also live in Ontario like several of the above posters. I live in Toronto though, and I'm sure a lot of the stuff I can get on the street here is safer and better -yet still not safe or worth the vein damage.

Last edited:
Don't listen to them if the r passing judgement they r just as sick or sicker!! Anyways I've shot wellies I've got a small rush that's only lasts second but I shoot coke every day I would however try to not do the welbutrin cuz I have heard a lot of bad things with abscesses just b safe!

I dont see a fact there i see an exagerated opinion. Just because one person said their veins felt "clogged" cant prove anything, not nearly enough info to come to definitive conclusions. People shoot all sorts of nasty cut meth, coke, dope, pills with talc

OMG Guy there was more than one claim of danger.. Last word in wins the prize.

Last edited:
We're addicts? Im kinda half interested in trying

:werd:

I plan on tapering off wellbutrin soon anyway.. so I'll have an excess of 300mg xls

may as well shoot it up once or twice, see what the fuss is. see if I can do it better than everyone else and not get abscesses, famous last words kind of deal you know?

Honestly, I've fucked my veins way worse by shooting ethylphenidate. That was likely due to the amount of EPH that I shot, however. During a particularly self-destructive period, I mainlined about 1g of EPH in the course of 5 days. This was 2 months ago, and some of the veins I hit are still looking shallow and collapsy. Normally I don't do dumb shit like this. The payoff from shooting Bupropion is far less than that of ethylphenidate - similar rush, much shorter duration after the rush. I would say IV'ing ~70mg of bup was equal in pain and possible danger to IV'ing 120+mg of EPH.

And with both chems, if you miss, you're stuck with a nasty abscess. I'm lucky in that I seem to have a freakish immune system, and the abscesses healed within a few days. The worst part is that they are both so vasoconstricting that you need to pull back on the plunger several times during the shot to make sure the vein hasn't closed off above where you are injecting (as that will cause a bubble of corrosion and a guaranteed abscess)

I'm self-destructive, but not self-destructive enough to recommend this to anyone. Might as well just take a razor and start cutting....

I saw another thread a while back of a guy getting outta prison that was addicted to wellbutrin as well

^Yeah wellbutrin or 'butes' are actually pretty popular in there. No bullshit.

Snort four or five and you'll understand why you shouldn't shoot them though.
Uggh... I'd probably shoot one though, like just once. Just because. Disgusting though.

at first sight, there's no reason why a DAT/NET RI (which bupropion supposedly is) wouldn't have recreational effects, and even a nice IV rush

the thing is, if yall care from some insight, is that MPH and cocaine - recreational as fuck - apparently after some research aren't actually reuptake inhibitors like bupropion, but instead "inverse agonists" at DAT/NET (and SERT in case of cocaine), and that's why they're able to raise monoamine levels enough to give a high/rush, and apparently simply reuptake inhibition doesn't provide high enough levels, otherwise you'd expect at least some stimulation from antidepressant SNRIs

perhaps some people can enjoy bupropion though, but i doubt you'd get a cocaine/MPH similar effect from it

And with both chems, if you miss, you're stuck with a nasty abscess. I'm lucky in that I seem to have a freakish immune system, and the abscesses healed within a few days. The worst part is that they are both so vasoconstricting that you need to pull back on the plunger several times during the shot to make sure the vein hasn't closed off above where you are injecting (as that will cause a bubble of corrosion and a guaranteed abscess)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I had that happen to me with coke the other night. Twice.

I swear to god I was in the vein but half way through it started bubbling and missing :wtc: time to let these veins heal :\

not going to bother trying this after all

I take 300 mg of Wellbutrin (ORALLY, PRESCRIBED) per day for depression. Although it is considered to be an "activating" antidepressant, I've never heard of recreational use. I don't have anything mean or rude to say but I really think this is a bad idea.

Yes, I did not go into precipitated wd but everyone's different. Wait as long as you can... but I've done dope at night and taken a sub the next morning and been ok. I know some people have a different effect.
Anyone ever took naltrexone 15 hours to 24 hours after using heroin??

I have recently been injecting wellbutrin 300 mg once or twice a day. I've read some posts on here that say there isn't much of a rush and it's pretty much a waste of time to inject these. I, however, get a HUGE rush from them a bit of a high stays with me for a couple hours. I'm just wondering if anyone has any long term experience doing this and if they can give me a bit of information on how it's been effecting them, After using them for a few months now, I have some weird things happening to me physically and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same type of things.
I am wondering what side effects u are having. Swim noticed that his arm goes numb when he injects it. He is worried Hes doing major damage.

^Yeah wellbutrin or 'butes' are actually pretty popular in there. No bullshit.

Snort four or five and you'll understand why you shouldn't shoot them though.
Uggh... I'd probably shoot one though, like just once. Just because. Disgusting though.

Sorry don't know how to post so I had to quote something. Do not do this! It totally fucks up your veins. Yesterday I tried iving 600mgs of bupropion and I swear the needle was in the vein every time. Still, it missed so now I have 4-5 soon to be abscesses/cysts. It's beautiful... Gag. I look like a walking disaster. Bruises and tracks everywhere cause you can't use the same veins with this shit. I've been doing this for over a month now and I finally called it quits. I'm in rough shape. Idk what to do about these missed shots. I can't go to the ER and be like "er I shoot welbutrin er er er" looking like a fucking retard and shit. A also, I feel very tweaky.

Sorry don't know how to post so I had to quote something. Do not do this! It totally fucks up your veins. Yesterday I tried iving 600mgs of bupropion and I swear the needle was in the vein every time. Still, it missed so now I have 4-5 soon to be abscesses/cysts. It's beautiful... Gag. I look like a walking disaster. Bruises and tracks everywhere cause you can't use the same veins with this shit. I've been doing this for over a month now and I finally called it quits. I'm in rough shape. Idk what to do about these missed shots. I can't go to the ER and be like "er I shoot welbutrin er er er" looking like a fucking retard and shit. A also, I feel very tweaky.

Well, you can if you care about your life. That shit always amazed me, people would rather die than suffer embarrassment.