• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

I believe him, don't think he's a troll. I've snorted Wellbutrin and it DID give me a good rush, but it's not worth it because you crave it once the rush is gone and you keep doing it and it fucks up your nose, makes it not worth it.

I was hoping someone with some experience with this might reply. This is becoming quite popular in my area. My drug of choice is crack, but these pills are readily available and cheap. I know all about how bad injecting pills is and I'm as safe as I can be

injecting bad pills, you know all about that? Your as safe as one can be? You're shooting up BUPROPRION, I don't know what could be more dangerous, and less stupid than shooting Wellbutrin. You're asking to have your limbs amputated or dying. There is nothing recreational about this shit, I don't care if it gives you a rush, is a rush worth shooting something that dangerous? I know plenty of alternatives that would either 1) make you feel the best pharmaceutical rushes without fucking up your mind and or body or getting an abscess or painful past injection sites 2) give you an intense rush, but the chemical(s) could be so toxic, disgusting, lethal, etc, that even someone who would shoot buproprion, wouldn't do...

Harm reduction wise, buproprion isn't safe to inject or abuse otherwise.

Oh there def is a rush my friend. I find it quite enjoyable but highly addictive. It may sound stupid to some people but this drug will be changed to class 2 soon. I would say it's a cross between cocaine and adderall. I would def try to cut back on your use due to all the fillers in this drug. It has been leaving holes in people's arms and such. Please be careful and try to filter it to the best of your ability.

Oh the ignorance of non-addicts

Hey I feel you completely. I'm an addict with a needle fixation as well. If I can shoot anything I'm going to. I'm also am RN so i know the damage I'm doing to my body, especially with the Wellbutrin. For people who are not addicts, this seems completely counterintuitive but I have self-destructive tendencies and once I start I can't stop. The Wellbutrin tears up your veins so one shot per vein is all you get. I know I'm slowly killing myself. People on these forums want help--not criticizing. Most of us, if we could stop the things that are harming us, would. We are generally intelligent individuals. But our brains are different than a non-addict. IMHO anyone on here that criticizes or calls us stupid simply exposes his or her own ignorance. Harm reduction is key and one shouldn't assume someone is trolling just because their post seems implausible to another. The lengths we go to lie beyond the imaginations of many. last month I did it for three or four days and then flushed my supply but just a few days ago I started again. I need help too but until I'm willing to go to any lengths to stay clean, it's not going to happen. I'd like to talk to you more about this.

Last edited:
^^ i really hope this is a troll and nobody neer tried that ufff.. sounds nasty

I feel like you missed my exact point. Why do people reply to a thread if they don't have anything of any relevance to add? Who trolls sights like these? Is there a conspiracy by the government to put out false information to kill drug users? Possible. But I doubt they'd use threads. IMO people who feel compelled to add irrelevant information to a discussion are the real trolls. Yes as crazy as it may sound to you many people abuse Wellbutrin and unless you have anything useful to add why post? I know the internet it short on haters, so thanks for doing your part.

SWIM has been doing it also.. burnt through a whole 30 day script in 10 days. Very euphoric and highly addicting as you can see. It is very similar to coke or meth in its action. SWIM saw a junkie on the street who did it for years and he got bad abscesses on his arms but he wasn't really filtering or rotating sites and such. JUST DONT DO WHAT SWIM DID AND CHASE THE HIGH. Also the comedown for me is a motherfucker. Have fun and be safe. Pm if you have questions.

not "very euphoric" imo
i did it once because i was bored
a. its horrible for you
b. its not particularloy fun
you couldn't pay me to do it

OP, I'm sorry for the dismissive responses you've received. On BL and most forums there seem to be a few things that instigate a band-wagon of negative responses, mainly IVing non-opioid pills and/or smoking pills.

I have never Ived Wellbutrin, but I knew someone who did and he started to seem very tweaky and shakey after a few months (perhaps thats the negative physical effects you are referring to).

As awful as it sounds, it might be "healthier" for you to acquire an illegal stimulant.

This will land you in the hospital. Shooting pills will cause an abscess. I speak as someone who had this happen, and had to spend 11 days in the hospital, had 2 surgeries and a nice big lifelong scar. I think that if you're going to run this risk (because I also heard the warnings and didn't heed), use micron filters, make sure to be as sterile as possible (wash your whole arm, use sterile water, alcohol swabs, and use fresh needles).

Last edited:
FWIW up until recently there was only a vague reference to IV abuse of bupropion on Wiki but now the more serious parts of the article also mention it, hinting that the metabolites produced by oral ROA may be involved in blocking the amphetamine-like effects one would expect to see from this molecule, while IV'ing and snorting the CWE end product may yiled more rewarding effects. No word from plugging the stuff so I may give it a try using a modest dose, I have stashes of unused Wellbutrin tablets. stopped taking them but still fill the script every month, just in case.

And here I thought I was desperate when I was injecting ritalin...

I'd imagine that your chance of have a seizure would be fairly high if you are indeed shooting up Wellbutrin.

not sure how to link posts, but this sort of reminds me of the ambien/lost arm thread... or i could see it potentially going that route. maybe i'm off but that's what it makes me think of.

i've snorted the stuff once and felt uncomfortably manic.

"The injection-drug user arrived at the northern Ontario hospital complaining of weakness in his arms and legs, and admitting that he had just experimented with an unlikely new high. The man had blended cocaine with the anti-depressant Wellbutrin and shot it into what he thought was his jugular vein.

GlaxoSmithKline
In fact, the patient had hit the artery running through his vertebrae, with disastrous results. The anti-depressant can have an alarming, tissue-destroying effect when injected, and an emergency MRI showed that his brain stem and spinal cord were turning “to mush.”
As the neurological havoc began to permanently shut down the patient’s body, he remained conscious and aware — “most people’s nightmare scenario,” noted Dr. James Truong, an emergency physician at North Bay Regional hospital. The man asked to be taken off life support, and died soon after."

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...-using-anti-depressant-wellbutrin-to-get-high

This is written using inflammatory language for effect it seems, but you get the point...

holy SHIT. that is absolutely terrifying. wow. that poor fucking guy, i can't imagine.

I hate to be the conservative one, but you could actually obtain the same results by parachuting it. Injecting pills have been indicating lots of problems as they can not be dissolved and the cotton is also not good for you. Take as usual and dose it properly you should be fine IMO of course.

After hearing of this I decided to give it a shot myself (pun maybe intended). I crushed a 300 mg generic XL and added ~1mL of hot water to the powder and stirred well. I used a large cotton filter and pulled back ~95 units of fairly thick solution (which I should have re-filtered in hindsight) and IV'd. I got a funny taste in my mouth which quickly became very dry. Surprisingly I got a stronger-than-expected stimulant rush which tingled throughout my entire body which became warm and my mind raced some then became very focused. ~1 hour has passed and I still feel an amphetamine-like effect. I'm not much for stims but I must say I was taken by surprise by the amount of euphoria and overall strength of buzz. It's not bad as far as recreational value and there is a definitive rush as well as high. I must admit I am impressed.