Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [25X-NBOMe Subthread] Comparisons & General Discussion

QuasiModo

Bluelighter
Welcome to the general NBOMe phenethylamine discussion thread

Discussion of other potent N-benzyl phenethylamine derivates or even N-substituted PEA's in general is welcome here as well, this is a central thread.

ACldzW9.png

Right now the information is scarce and it is uncertain how much anecdotal evidence or reports we will be getting.
However instead of discussing the whole series and comparisons let's centralize it here. The longer we will wait
doing that the harder it will be to find info in the fragmentation!

[original post:]

So I have recently been reading about some supposed NBOMe series psychedelics which are somehow related to the phenethylamines but which are potent in low enough dosages to be active in ug size doses? This is intriguing to me, can someone tell me which ones are known and what their dosage range is?

Last edited by a moderator:
we already have big & dandy threads for most of the ones that have shown up thus far. They're in the PD index linked in my signature, & at the top of the PD homepage in big bold letters ;)

Are there NBOMe analogues of Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, MDMA etc?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just think it's strange that all the NBOMe analogues I know of are 2C's

There are NBOMe-DOx, but they are found to be 10x less potent than parent DOx compounds.
NBOMe-tryptamines seem to be inactive.
NBOMe-TMA-2 has little psychedelic properties too.

I doubt that NBOMe derivatives of amphetamine, methamphetamine and MDMA are active, but I am far from chemistry and pharmacology.

NBOMe comparison thread

The NBOMe's have been available for a while now. I'm sure some of us here have been buying every one that they get a chance to. So people are trying different ones and comparing the effects, presumably.

We already have a phenethylamine comparison thread, and a tryptamine comparison thread, but we don't seem to have an NBOMe comparison thread (there's one in the PD index, but it's got only 4 posts on it, none of which appear related to personal experience). There are certainly some comparative comments in the substance-specific B&D's, but not many. I feel like it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to comparing them.

So, does anyone have any comments on the differences and similarities between the different available NBOMe's? How do they compare with eachother? Which are deeper, more/less visual, more/less of a positive push, more/less clear-headed?

I've yet to try any, but i've got C, D, and I en route. Interested to hear how these compare to eachother and other NBOMe's.

Thanks - Mods,if you you think this should be merged with the existing thread, go ahead - the existing thread just doesn't seem to contain anything on topic.

Good thread, which will hopefully harness some useful information. I have only researched C as of yet but hopefully will be able to truly add to this thread soon. I found 25C pretty interesting though.

Currently on 2c-c-NBOMe.

ROA:Strong solution in everclear spilled on my fingers.
Dosage: probably 1-3mg (not typical, just my sitcumstance)

Description: I think this one is very very special. Intranasal is the easiest administrating. 250ug/sprays with 2 to newbies, If no ill reaction occurs, most people desire to take it a little past 500, 700-800 is ok. To those that feel no ill effects, they can push this one kinda far. I have lost count of 250ug sprays, you get a judge for what it does.

2.1mg sublingual in mouth until dissolved result in a friend tripping hard.

Not very much of a hallucinogen, potentially powerful psychedelic, doesn't depress appetite, isn't very stimulative, easy on the body and mind. Tactile sensation on par with MDMA, dancing is fun, pretty outward psychedelic thus far. No notice in tolerance taken day to day.

2c-i-NBOMe
500ug-Light effects
1mg-Vomited, sweating, took a shower, shakey

After this... It is hallucinogenic, but kinda hollow psychedelically. Visual shifts apparent. Tactile response is alright, not as much as the 25c.

I consider 25c to be the definition of "entactogen" I really do hope it stays under the radar but 25i wasnt nearly as gentle, and produced noticeable side effect.

If you administer on paper, keep it in your mouth until it dissolves, its a fat soluble molecule and your mouth will absorb it but it isn't as quick.

I am trying to get reports of first hand experiences together. Not nearly enough study has been done, I think it would make a wonderful psychotherapy aid in a lot of cases.

Last edited:
NBOMe Needs Now: Common Chemistry, Comparisons and Combos

Mods,if you you think this should be merged with the existing thread, go ahead

http://anonym.to/?http://www.blueli...-Subthread-Comparisons-amp-General-Discussion

Welcome to the general NBOMe phenethylamine discussion thread

let's centralize it here

The longer we will wait [...] the harder it will be to find info in the fragmentation!

I totally agree that having a centralized spot to stick all the 2C-X-NBOMe and 2C-R-NBOMe comparisons is essential to teasing out the attributes of these wonderful tools, but I would suggest that we do not simply start another comparison thread, but use the format already at hand by...

1) Start actually utilizing the dedicated thread

2) Accept redundancy in the comparison thread as a natural part of the process of teasing out novel nuances from the individual threads [ex. Allow and even encourage cross posting and linking of posts in the Individual NBOMe Details type-threads to the General NBOMe Comparison thread].

3) Perhaps the General NBOMe comparison thread can cover: (or are these better as separate threads, ala DF style)

A) "Chemical/Physical Attributes and ROAs of the NBOMe Series" [which would contain or reproduce, for example, the great work tregar has done on complexing the NBOMe series for buccal ROA]

B) "Experiential Differences Between Members of the NBOMe Series" [which would contain qualitative interpretations of the effects particular NBOMe possess]

C) "NBOMe combinations" [Is there anything better on the planet than properly timed 25D-NBOMe + MXE? I vote no.]

Maybe I'm waay overthinking this, but I definitely agree with TheAzo that some upfront organization now might save lots of scrambling later on. It seems though that QuasiModo has already got it kicking, we just need to utilize it.

merged, retitled, & added to the PD index :D

As for me, i've only had the opportunity to sample 25C & 25E, working on acquiring a few others at the moment though. 25E seems like more of a pure psychedelic, & quite a powerful one at that. 25C, in my experience, was a rather blended entactogen/psychedelic experience, tending more towards the former. Felt chattier on 25C than i have on any other psychedelic in recent memory, though i was more talkative on 25E than i am normally am on psychedelics. This was after i was done merging with the universe for a bit though ;) My experiences may be a bit skewed as i've only vaporized 25E & i've only used 25C buccally & sublingually (the latter is fail, go with buccal if you must put it in your mouth). I'll vaporize some 25C at some point in the (hopefully) not to distant future so i can make some more accurate comparisons.

Beautiful! I'll be on the hunt for 25C and 25D to assay first as these two sound promising, never did like 2c-i so I think I'll also steer clear of 25I unless subsequent reports become overwhelmingly positive. Blather on friends!

25i is mostly comparable to acid by suggestion of the majority of reports, not to 2c-i. If you love acid (which I know you do Quasi) then I would definitely suggest trying out 25i. Read the reports in the small and fancy thread.

I've only tried 25D and 25I thus far.
25D was far more interesting mentally and very serene.
25I was also very calm but it also possessed an alertness to it. Beautiful visuals, 3 dimensional and very complex. Didn't seem as deep as 25D, but I believe stacking it with something more spiritual (DPT or 4-AcO-DMT for example) would really kick it up. I also have to research 25I a little bit more before I conclude it's superficial, as my environment wasn't exactly conducive to reflection the times I've used it so far.
FWIW

What is the reccomended dosage of 25i?

Anyone played with mixing NBOMe with other 5-HT2A agonist?

I have smoked DMT on it that should have me in another universe, and been able to walk around very much here. Minor close eye visuals.

An idea floats around in my head that, with the 25c being a selective potent partial agonist at 5-HT2A that it competes with DMT for the 5-HT2A receptor to a degree that results in its elimination before it can end up in the receptors due to 25c-nbome having higher binding affinity for 5-HT2A that outcompetes DMT...

25c+ketamine = awesome. Seems a little more grounded, can take it farther without being in a k-hole.... The reaction isn't nearly what tryptamine psychedelics do in combination with k. The sensation in the face was strange, sort of tingling that spread from the nose.

Last edited:
I've dosed 25I at 550ug and 600ug by IM injection. Each was enough for a strong +++. Dose of course would likely be determined by ROA but I've heard of similar doses, perhaps only slightly higher, being used with sublingual/buccal.
Haven't tried stacking it with another psychedelic yet, but it's something I fully intend to explore someday.

Anyone able to comment on some 25c and 25i comparisons? 25i would probably be my next move after 25c but if it carries more negative side effects I doubt I'd bother.

I haven't read many reports of side effects on 25i, but I'm sure it has the potential.

I can only comment on what I've experienced, and I haven't tried 25C.
But 25I, for me, possessed nearly ZERO negative side-effects. During one particular ride I experienced just a moment, literally less than a minute, where my hands trembled slightly. It passed immediately.
That's the only thing I can even compare to a negative side-effect with this one.
On the plus side I was motivated to clean house after the experience had subsided, so there might be a small degree of stimulation which I experienced merely as an alertness/motivation.

As I understand it 25B and 25N have qualities that could make them undesirable in this same fashion of having potential for making people uncomfortable. I'm not sure about the dynamics, instead I would welcome more suggestions about what it is that may make some of them feel better and others more difficult.
But right now I'm interested in comparisons between 25B, 25I and 25N, anyone?
25C and 25D sound like they are more or less smooth or at least acceptable. 25iP and 25T4 seem much too rare to make much sense of them and I also still cannot get a grip on 25E.

If this really gets too much into comparison territory of course discussion will be moved appropriately to the other thread. For now I'm okay with departing from the effects 25I may have in relation to other analogues.

Erny, any ideas about the body effects of those NBOMe's and how there may be a pattern there similar to the profiles of the 2C-X derivatives?

I'm not sure about the dynamics, instead I would welcome more suggestions about what it is that may make some of them feel better and others more difficult.
But right now I'm interested in comparisons between 25B, 25I and 25N, anyone?
25C and 25D sound like they are more or less smooth or at least acceptable. 25iP and 25T4 seem much too rare to make much sense of them and I also still cannot get a grip on 25E.
Erny, any ideas about the body effects of those NBOMe's and how there may be a pattern there similar to the profiles of the 2C-X derivatives?
As I have said already (and more than once) they are not to be compared with 2C-X. If you need a comparison, take DOX for that - such comparison IS sound. And to answer your question about differences in body effects: I suppose we should answer that same question posed to PIHKAL PEAs first. If we will be able to trace what makes PIHKAL PEAs different, then we perhaps would be able to trace that in NBOMe's as well. But so far I believe we shouldn't even try, it is not worth wasting time on it.

As I understand it 25B and 25N have qualities that could make them undesirable in this same fashion of having potential for making people uncomfortable.
Yes, in a same manner as we see it with DOB and DON. They may be rewarding, but the likelyhood of stumbling upon some undesired side effects that may ruin the experience is higher here, than it is with 25I, D or C.

2C-C-NBOMe resembles DOC in a way of being a sort of creativity and mental productivity enchancer. It seems to me that you have discovered it here on Bluelight yourselves, this is readily noticeable with moderate doses. Chlorine seem to be always popular, be that DOC or 25C, it is, so to say, easier to handle and to get what you want out of it. Other chems here like 25I or 25B may be more tricky to use. Chlorine is of course great on it's own, but still lacks something very important - being just a half step away from what is the most profound in psychedelics.

Iodine is complex, I don't know how to characterise all of them - 2C-I, 2C-I-NBOMe and DOI - in a few words. They aren't very much alike.

Methyl seems to be a winner in just any related structure, be that 2C-D, 2C-D-NBOMe or DOM.

What chlorine is being just a half step away from are the states of "true bliss", the ones that make people to cry on the dancefloor on LSD :) and the ones that are often remembered as "one of the most important experiences in psychedelics". They are often reffered to as "the peak states". These are normally possible in 25I and 25D, best with doses slightly higher than those you here normally use. Like 700-1000 mcgs for both of these, they are roughly equipotent in my subjective experience. Or perhaps even higher, up to 1,5 mgs. But be careful when going anywhere higher than one milligram - this is not to be done if you have never tried 1 mg. 2C-I-NBOMe is way more powerful as a hallucinogen and should have received the name "Solaris" for a reason. It is also twice as long as 2C-D-NBOMe. The latter is still a powerful hallucinogen as are all of them, just not to that extent as 25I. And it is "simpler to use" like chlorine, so I suppose it may have some popularity too. It also seems to be the mildest of all NBOMe's on the body so far.

Still, you should not underestimate these drugs. These are the DMTs of the phenylethylamine world. People who are not very familiar with psychedelics may flip out on them easily, not to mention there were cases of people having seisures and such. But if you are experienced in psychedelics and do not fear phenylethylamines in general you may actually enjoy it. The experience described here could be compared to 8 mgs of DOI or 70 mgs of 2C-I in intensity, but with the bonus of a "peak state" and full absense of any physical discomfort. That was 3 mgs for my reduced sensitivity. Most people would probably get there with just 1,5 mgs. But as I have said the most gentle brains here may flip out on such dose, so beware.

Last edited: