Votes: 110 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 70 32.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 35 16.3%

• Total voters

Ness

Bluelighter
Would you call pure MDMA an upper? Yes, it is an amphetamine derivative, but a good dose of MDMA can really put you on your ass. Personally, I find pure MDMA more sedating than stimulating as far as the desire to get up and move and extra energy and the like goes. So, would you consider MDMA an "upper"?

A stimulant, or "upper," is simply a drug that increases alertness and awareness, or keeps you up. I do think MDMA belongs to this class, though I definitely don't put it in the same league as meth or cocaine.

The term "psychostimulant" more specifically describes stimulants that increase locomotor behavior in animals, and includes all the major dopaminergic stimulants such as cocaine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, methylphenidate. However, it does not include the milder uppers such as nicotine and caffeine. MDMA is considered to be a psychostimulant by many researchers, but that does not preclude recognition of its own unique qualities.

I like sitting around on it, but can also move about just fine. And sleeping definitely is out of the question till its wore off, so yes.

5-HT2 said:
A stimulant, or "upper," is simply a drug that increases alertness and awareness, or keeps you up. I do think MDMA belongs to this class, though I definitely don't put it in the same league as meth or cocaine.

The term "psychostimulant" more specifically describes stimulants that increase locomotor behavior in animals, and includes all the major dopaminergic stimulants such as cocaine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, methylphenidate. However, it does not include the milder uppers such as nicotine and caffeine. MDMA is considered to be a psychostimulant by many researchers, but that does not preclude recognition of its own unique qualities.

Well, I suppose it is technically an upper but it is avery, very, very odd one.

Well, technically, a stimulant is a substance that stimulates your CNS, which MDMA definitely does. Just because you might not feel energized, doesn't mean much at all. Your heart rate is increased, your blood pressure is increased, and your body temperature is increased. Just because the other effects of it makes you feel somewhat sedated and content to sit there and enjoy it, doesn't mean it ISN'T a stimulant. MDMA is definitely a stimulant, but it is a psychedelic stimulant, so its other effects could feel somewhat sedating, that does NOT mean it is not a stimulant. Take your temperature while on it, or take your pulse while on it, you will have no illusions on whether or not it is a stimulant.

^^ Dude I wasn't denying it was a stimulant.

As you mentioned, it is a stimulant but has other sedating properties not really making it ideal for partying if you get really clean MDMA pills/molly.

When I'm on pure molly I find myself yawning and being lazy, yet if I wanted to sleep I can't. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful buzz (while it lasts and the magic is gone) but I always like to add a little ice to add some energy to the buzz.

it used to make me feel wide awake and speedy, but nowadays it knocks me on my arse. guess it all changed after that honeymoon period. for me it went from wild speedy exciting and euphoric to lazy, strange and psychedelic. weird drug, mdma.

No way in hell. well like technically, chemically, yeah it's an upper.
But IME pure mdma hardly feels like an upper at all, maybe on the come up my heart will beat faster, but once i come up i don't even want to move. I don't want to smoke cigs. I don't want to cuddle or have sex. I don't even want to listen to music. I don't want to talk or listen.

All i want to do is sit there and 'be'.

MDMA/MDA/meth pills make me feel more like a stereotypical 'roll' which is MUCH more like an upper.
But in my opinion MDMA feels almost like a heroin nod with a dab of a psychedelic high. I think it's the MDA/meth/caffine that make people associate 'good' pills with feeling speedy. I probably ate 2 dozen pills before i had mdma and realized what it really felt like. Prior to doing pure mdma i always though a good roll was a hefty dose of MDA with a dab of MDMA

I've never felt anything remotely speedy from pure mdma, even after doing a half gram of molly in a right i was able to fall asleep about 12 hours after dosing, and i woke up still kind of feeling it

dankstersauce said:
No way in hell. well like technically, chemically, yeah it's an upper.
But IME pure mdma hardly feels like an upper at all, maybe on the come up my heart will beat faster, but once i come up i don't even want to move. I don't want to smoke cigs. I don't want to cuddle or have sex. I don't even want to listen to music. I don't want to talk or listen.

All i want to do is sit there and 'be'.

MDMA/MDA/meth pills make me feel more like a stereotypical 'roll' which is MUCH more like an upper.
But in my opinion MDMA feels almost like a heroin nod with a dab of a psychedelic high. I think it's the MDA/meth/caffine that make people associate 'good' pills with feeling speedy. I probably ate 2 dozen pills before i had mdma and realized what it really felt like. Prior to doing pure mdma i always though a good roll was a hefty dose of MDA with a dab of MDMA

I've never felt anything remotely speedy from pure mdma, even after doing a half gram of molly in a right i was able to fall asleep about 12 hours after dosing, and i woke up still kind of feeling it

Yeah i also noticed a kind of nodding effect..

On lower doses yes, on high doses absolutely not. I don't feel like moving at all when I have had a high dose

i did actually fall asleep while still rolling recently.. such is good molly. generally i like a tiny bit of speed in my pills to be honest. meaning like, 1/10. but anyway, yes, i consider it an upper given it makes me want to dance and makes me not hungry.

next time i take it im definatley going to take a tiny bit of adderall with it or something (im prescribed it anyway)
better than meth.

i definitely don't feel amped up when on molly, but i don't feel lethargic either. i like to sit in a comfy spot with comfy clothes and enjoy feeling like a big bowl of jelly, totally relaxed. more downer-like than amp methinks.

Ness said:
Well, I suppose it is technically an upper but it is avery, very, very odd one.

It is an odd one. It's one of those that seem to fit in both categories, however, even when you have MDMA naps, your pulse and body temp are high, still a stimulant although you feel sedated. One of those oxymorons that are true.

^ Love the avatar lol.

The buzz, to me, feels a lot like an upper. Even if I am paralyzed, the buzz likens to a mix between adderall and coke. Coke paralyzes me if I do enough. I don't get sleepy on molly, but I do often need to sit down, lie back and close my eyes due to the sheer intensity at times.

Being from dallas and being "old" - man back in the 90s - it was more upper feeling back then. Then around early 2000 it seems like it is more "knock you on your ass" type of deal around here. Haven't had any lately... arghh... But I think there was a change. But I would test it - and seemed like more MDMA the more that it would be trippy. I know at times I would just start talking to myself or completely zone out. Always fun! But seemed more sedated in the more recent past. There are so many variables... cutting, did you do stuff for added effect, were you drinking too? All sorts of stuff will cause a different reaction.