• No

Votes: 70 32.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 35 16.3%

• Total voters
schmangle said:
mdma - no
mda - yes

was just getting ready to say the same thing. Although, I would consider MDMA a mild upper just because it keeps me awake but it doesn't give me that energy that mda does.

There are times I feel really blissful & peaceful, and just want to sit down on cocaine, but that doesn't make it any less an upper. So yes.

As always, depends on setting. If I'm sitting and resting, that feels great. If I'm dancing, that feels great.

Usually as I'm coming up, I start pacing just to get a feel for the amazingness, and then fairly soon I calm down and get really relaxed and just chill with my friends and talk. I'd say the stimulation is similar to the stimulation from the classic psychedelics. Shrooms will keep me adventuring on no food and no rest all day, and I can't sleep, but they don't cause the restlessness or pacing or rapid talking of traditional uppers. Same with MDMA. I can lay on the floor and stare in someone's eyes and just contemplate things for hours. In fact, even with all that love I can start feeling too lazy to give a massage, or stand up to go get something for someone. But the moment I do stand up, it turns out I do have the energy. Like psychedelics, MDMA is just a nonselective amplifier of a lot of things, just in more positive-shifted way than traditional psychedelics.

On clean MDMA I have fallen asleep before.
I've also eaten.

I've never experienced any other drug classified as a stimulant that I could do these things while on.

excellent question! i struggle when explaining/ justifying MDMA to friends, who associate it as an amphetamine derivative. when the experience is SO far removed from that of meth.

my personal experience: meth is harsh. evil. insane. i DESPISE meth bombs. it ruins the experience for me. while MDMA is refreshing. chill. relaxing. enlightening. i don't feel the speedy at all.

so subjectively: i do not consider MDMA a"stimulant".

I think alot depends on set and setting. eg if at home more of a downer but in a club more of an upper. Generly speaking for me though for 100mg its a downer for the first hour or two and then an upper for a few hours, then a downer in a different way to the initial downer.

Last edited:
Oh, it's most definitely a stimulant for me. It clearly doesn't have the same cardiac push that methamphetamine does. There's also definitely a spaced-out element to the high that can feel relaxing, so I can see how some people might view it in other ways than a straight stimulant, but its action is clearly that of an upper.

It raises your heart rate and keeps you awake. Thats a stimulant.
It is pretty relaxing though, but a stimulant non the less.

yeah im not so sure about this.. some days i get MDMA chills and just wanna chill on the couch and zone.. others im ready to party and can go hard all nite..

one things for sure, MDMA is unlike any other stim. ive done

i would most definately consider it an upper. im rolling my fucking nuts off as we type and i cant sleep for shit.. but OH MY GOD i fucking love it. i also love all u guys here at bluelight. yall are my people.

^Ha! Yea, I've done that before. I didn't dare post anything at the risk of sounding stupid.

And thanks for loving all of us, makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

- - -

As for the question asked by the OP: I selected Not sure in the poll. MDMA is definitely a stimulant by definition - but there is so much more to it.

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:
I've posted on bl whilst rolling balls on several occasions, never regretted it one bit. =D

i wouldnt consider it an upper because i dont consider lsd an upper even though it doesnt make me tired.

bakedbean said:
i would most definately consider it an upper. im rolling my fucking nuts off as we type and i cant sleep for shit.. but OH MY GOD i fucking love it. i also love all u guys here at bluelight. yall are my people.
hahaha so cool..we definetly love ya too<3

i have never tryed pure MDMA so im very curious 'bout his effects...and i would deffinetly love to try it...but mdma mixed with speed (and others) uppers me like hell, makes me feel so energic ,crazy, i feel like dancing without stoping (altough i cant control my moves very much so im sure its a stupid hilarious dance)..but its allllll perfect=D

Last edited: