Do you consider MDMA an upper?

• Yes

Votes: 110 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 70 32.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 35 16.3%

• Total voters
i dont consider any MDxx as an upper, i dont have enough experience with MDxx though, so my comments are personal:)
i accidentally voted "yes" :(

Pure MDMA is actually quite different then your standard pill.
It's much more chills, and you don't get a speedy edge to your roll.
I personally regard ecstasy pills as uppers though. Amphetamines are generally what make people think ecstasy is purely an upper.

>>I don't get how anoyone could call MDMA an upper.>>

They react to the drug differently from you.

ebola

Last edited:
There are plenty of substituted amphetamine psychedelics that are not very stimulating.

ebola

I find there is a difference between stimulant and upper- marijuana is a stimulant, so is nicotine. It kind of depends on how you perceive stimulant, what aspects of thd definition you focus on.
I consider MDMA a psychedelic.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Sometimes I take MDMA and I'm jumping all over the place, charged up, talkative, ready to rock it out for hours on the dancefloor (this isn't referring to pills cut with speed, those are a whole other matter), other times all I want to do is close my eyes and melt into the couch in bliss.

It's kind of annoying actually, sometimes I get 'munty' pills when I'm out clubbing and really want to dance, but I can never motivate myself to get up because being curled up on the couch with friends just feels soooooooooo good. Then I get cut in the morning because I missed DJ's I payed a lot of money to see.

Would be interesting to figure out what causes this difference between energetic MDMA highs and relaxing MDMA highs, often it varies even when taking MDMA from the same batch.

Its nuetral to me. I can be energetic if I want to, or I can sit and chill without any need to get up. But It definitely makes it hard for me to sleep.

Bardo5 said:
I can be energetic if I want to, or I can sit and chill without any need to get up.
i get the same thing with amphetamine. actually if i don't take too much mdma gives me even more energy and a can dance longer than with amphetamine, so yes: definitely an upper, no doubt about that.

Bardo5 said:
Its nuetral to me. I can be energetic if I want to, or I can sit and chill without any need to get up. But It definitely makes it hard for me to sleep.

Exactly the same here. The reason that I don't consider it an "upper" is because there isn't that underlying current of "I have to/need to be doing something"- sitting with my eyes closed is every bit as euphoric as dancing. It's just than when I want to do something, the stimulating properties make every action completely effortless, just like regular stimulants.

Crankinit said:
Honestly, I'm not sure. Sometimes I take MDMA and I'm jumping all over the place, charged up, talkative, ready to rock it out for hours on the dancefloor (this isn't referring to pills cut with speed, those are a whole other matter), other times all I want to do is close my eyes and melt into the couch in bliss.

It's kind of annoying actually, sometimes I get 'munty' pills when I'm out clubbing and really want to dance, but I can never motivate myself to get up because being curled up on the couch with friends just feels soooooooooo good. Then I get cut in the morning because I missed DJ's I payed a lot of money to see.

Would be interesting to figure out what causes this difference between energetic MDMA highs and relaxing MDMA highs, often it varies even when taking MDMA from the same batch.

Maybe how tired you are as well at the time or other bodily factors. I do get the exact same thing. I find drinking alcohol at the same time always makes me active though.

Are you kidding? Molly's are pure MDMA and they make me feel SO down. But it's the BEST feeling ever.

I almost invariably drink when i roll but if i don't i often find myself just laying on the ground or on a couch big chillin until i go drink a beer or something.

I guess it COULD be considered an upper, but I voted 'no,' because to me, an upper gives you energy, period. When I have coke in me, I just feel energized. I imagine meth is the same way, only maybe, like, multiplied by hojillion.
Pure MDMA tends to just lay. me. out. All I feel like doing is ignoring anybody else and just concentrate on how fucking good I feel. Although, there are rare occasions when I feel like getting up from cosmic sunbathing, and dancing until I can hear/feel my feetbones cracking.

And take what schmangle has said into your memory bank. MDA is your friend. Too bad it's so hard to come buy. I'll let someone else get into detail about that. It's time to celebrate Hitler's Birthday.

It's not like smoking ice where you're up, fucking energised and bouncing around, I always find that I can't be bothered standing up or moving around. Still an upper though for its effect on the CNS.

wow, this poll was way closer than I though it would be. I know pure MDMA certainly keeps me awake and that's good enough for me! I know nothing about the chemical definition of an 'upper' though, so I'll leave it at that.

I consider it an upper but the effects are not typical for an upper, usually with good molly i feel like sitting down.

MDMA is DEF an upper, but in a different kind of way. Like as if moving takes no effort, not like wired on coke or coffee or meth. MDMA is like being made of light, you can move fast but still remain beautifully in control.