Do you consider MDMA an upper?

• Yes

Votes: 110 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 70 32.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 35 16.3%

• Total voters
^I said 100% pure MDMA, not "ecstasy" or "molly". I just mean straight MDMA.

^ Definitely an upper... affects dopamine rather strongly I believe, in addition to serotonin. I'd guess ppl who get "addicted" to it are enjoying almost purely the stim effects (what a waste 8) as much as I do like straight-up stims, that's NOT the way to do 'em).

Yes but it depends on my mood how energetic I get from taking it, same as with coke and speed. With coke and speed you can just chill in the coach like with MDMA, sometimes even yawning and they are definitely considered uppers by the masses.
All psychedelics are sort of uppers in my book even though they make me yawn a lot and often don't give me a lot of energy. But the thoughts and heart rate are always increased so they're uppers!

gloceaser said:
Being from dallas and being "old" - man back in the 90s - it was more upper feeling back then. Then around early 2000 it seems like it is more "knock you on your ass" type of deal around here. Haven't had any lately... arghh... But I think there was a change. But I would test it - and seemed like more MDMA the more that it would be trippy. I know at times I would just start talking to myself or completely zone out. Always fun! But seemed more sedated in the more recent past. There are so many variables... cutting, did you do stuff for added effect, were you drinking too? All sorts of stuff will cause a different reaction.

With the pure stuff it's 90% set and setting IMO. Maybe some slight amounts of adulterants that didn't get cleaned out could lead to a more speedy or stoning high but who can tell for sure? MDMA is a psychedelic, set and setting have a great influence.

Although it makes me wan't to lie down and chill at some point. I love walking throuw the city, woods, whatever when rolling face. I have to go outside at least for two hours per roll.

Small doses of mdma can be considered an upper. People put amphetamine in rolls not only because its cheap, but because it adds that uppity good feeling to the mdma. To the untrained, it can fool a lot of people. MDA at decent doses can be just as smacky as moderate doses of MDMA.

Personally, I prefer eating a hit or two of molly with a bean. It's nice to have that little extra oomph to it. What goes up and spirals around usually comes down hard though. I fucking hate comedowns, but lets face it, who really likes them lol

Both mda and mdma for me start out by making my body feel stimulated but after awhile my body begins to feel really lethargic. My mind on the other hand...it never gets a rest. :)

Interesting thread. I only recently managed to get ahold of it (as non-MCPP pills had been impossible to get ahold of for months in Glasgow), and to me it felt like a very good pill. But obviously, since it's not cut up with other things like speed, you do find yourself 'monging' a lot.

Some times I'll just want to sit and vegitate, other times I'll be dancing all night. I really don't know what factors differ, it may just simply have been the mood I was in/how tired I was before.

There is a definate temptation to take something else like coke to keep yourself awake, but I've managed to resist the temptation so far. I may have a cheeky line at NY, though, if I can get a hold of it. It's going to be a long night!

^Don't do coke while you're rolling. It'll kill your roll dead.

VERY true..done that one too many times. You can do blow beforehand w/out too much difficulties but don't blow any rails while you are rolling, it defeats the purpose...

As mentioned before by other people, it's a CNS stimulant, it's an amphetamine derivative, it has all the effects of other stimulants(supresses appetite and sleep, causes a rise in blood pressure and heart rate as well as teeth grinding)

Pure MDMA when taken in a normal dose(around 100mg) will cause a very mellow and relaxed feeling, to some, almost giving the impression one has taken a downer, instead of an upper. But MDMA clearly is an upper.

I think that the question was misunderstood by some. Yes, MDMA is a stimulant objectively, I meant subjectively do you consider it a stimulant.

increased heart rate: check
diminished appetite: check
insomnia: check
dilated pupils: check
stimulation/chattyness: check

Yes.

I guess it is technically an upper.. but when i used pure mdma i always felt so damn mashy. and would just wanna sit down..

I did it again this weekend and was knocked on my ass. My boyfriend actually left the room and went to lie on the bed during the come-up. Pretty much nobody was moving though we got energy later. I agree that setting has a lot to do with it.. I mean, this was New Years Eve.. we were planning on going out, but once it kicked in, we couldnt really do much of anything. (Not to mention, I am on the NE coast of the US and was getting bad mdma chills anyway). Yet the time I did it before I was already out when I took it, so I was moving around a lot more, which changes the drug itself I think.. once you start dancing, the drug really feels different.

I agree with Ghostbuster that setting has a lot to do with it. A good club with good music can get you really going a lot more than if you stayed in and did it.

I think mindset beforehand plays a big role as well. In general I notice when I'm in a really good mood and my friends are too, we generally have a good night. New Year was like that. However, if people are tired/not in the best of moods then they wont come up in the same way.

I'm very susceptible to the people around me, too. If I'm in a group and one of us hasn't come up, or is in a bad mood (I have a friend who is known for going in a bad mood at some point during the night!), I tend to bring myself down.

I think the worst thing you can do is think about how high you are... when you start thinking "oh it's going to end soon" or "Am I starting to come down?" is the moment you lose the magic.

I've passed out tired still high as a kite. Good pure MDMA enhances things.. it's what you make it I think.. but I can definately pass out high on pure MDMA. Stretching feels amazing.. and kind of induces a mashy state for me.

mdma is both a amphetamine based stimulant and an atypical empathogenic psychedelic.

A "proper" dose makes me feel like on a mix of speed and half of X. A big dose just makes me feel sedated and well, guess what, ecstatic. My eyes get weary and I just feel like lying doing and let the bass and percussion match with my heartbeat. I marked my answer as "unsure" but it does lean a lot more towards "no". Its just too trippy.

It feels a lot like classical stimulants for me, for sure, along with it's unique effects. This might be because I had mdma before I tasted any other stimulants.

ebola