• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Light show tricks and tips.

Showgun Master

Ex-Bluelighter
ok im not and old school raver like most but i do know a few cool light show techniques. but this weekend im rolling with some first timers and they want me to put on a light show, which im totaly down for, but i feel i only know the basics anyone got any tricks or tips? thanks!=D

Takes 2 ppl and 1 Vicks nose inhaler. Okay, have 1 person put the inhaler in their mouth upside down, just enough to cover up the 3(or 2) holes on it. U should be able to blow THROUGH the vicks inhaler. NOW THE FUN! Person 2 puts their mouth on the opposite end (where your nose would go) and simultaneosly person 1 blows out and person 2 breathes in as much as possible. After sucking in as much as possible Person 2 turns around and crosses his/her armswhile holding breath and person 1 squeezes and if possible lifts them up. When Person 2's chest fells tight SLOWLY exhale, as soon as Person 1 fells the exhaling Slowly lower Person 2 to the ground. Finish w/ light show ( I'm pretty touchy-feely on this and cant STAND being touched while im enjoying the 'falling' after effects) Cant really explain but I beg U all PLEASE try it before dismissing. IT FEELS SOOOOO GOOD!

do this and then when they r on the ground do a light show...itll be the best one ever

Lol can you use photons? and if you can does someone else know how to? If so try learning to to throw the photons. Hint you don't actually trhow him.

Ok the best lights in the world.... http://www.dlite.com It is a converted magic trick that in VERY low lights is just out of this world!! I like them better then photons because people trip out trying to figure out how you are doing this shit with your hands empty!!

Here are a few vids of them in action...

Red Video

Morphing video

Once you get the basics you can do shit like this....

There is another video out there that shows more about what you can do with them but I can not find it right now...

Get them off of E-Bay for cheaper... Trust me they rock and You can even use them well in the club.

Only other tip I have is get a strobe light and try glow sticking (using sticks/photons/or dlites) under a strobe light....

Last edited:
Personally I go with a mixture of many different types of lighting devices. For example, there's a rave coming up next week here in H-Town~ and I've got my set up as follows:

12" of High intensity, ultra fast strobing body wire in bright blue :)
another 10" of highest intensity, fast strobing brilliant red wire, though it doesn't strobe as fast as the previously mentioned strand.

Two streetsticks, one red/yellow/orange the other red/white/blue

Two photons on strobe mode, one blue, one green

Ultra UV Reactive Blue Hair Coloring (Amazing stuff, makes your hair look absolutely crazy if done right)

And the usual light wave necklace and strobe lights for my head. =D

Ahhhh how I miss the Candy Raver Days!!!! :)

*Breaks out in a song of "Memories"*

AJay - Photons are bright LED lights that you hold in your hand.

you can get photons at rite aid or walgreens =)

try getting a bunch of small photons & white gloves, and put the photons at the tip of each finger facing out, you'll get an easy way to give lightshows... i see em all the time at raves around san francisco, it looks really trippy and those light shows are always great looking.

What kind of photons at Walgreen's? I need one more, but it has to be one where I don't have to hold down the activator for it to stay on.

maxlight vs innova lights

hey everyone im thinking of buying the The Bunny Glove Set from Orb lightshows
and wasent sure if i should go with maxlights or innova.

im not a fan of using the dot mode except for maybe on the thumbs
but i was wondering is the quality of innova a lot better then maxlights? or should i just get maxlights and 2 thumb innovas

Homeless -> ED

ED mods, feel free to shift back if not appropriate. I figured ED would be more welcoming for this thread. :)

In my opinion innovas are brighter.. but maxlights seem a lot smaller and easier to do finger rolls and other tricks. I'd also just get your own colors and put them together to make your glove set (it's cheaper that way.. especially if you go with innovas). That way you have your own glove set. Hope this helps. Have fun giving light shows.

hey everyone im thinking of buying the The Bunny Glove Set from Orb lightshows
and wasent sure if i should go with maxlights or innova.

im not a fan of using the dot mode except for maybe on the thumbs
but i was wondering is the quality of innova a lot better then maxlights? or should i just get maxlights and 2 thumb innovas
Ah, the Bunny set. Gummy is a genius when it comes to light shows! I think it's a great set.

Anyway, I recommend Inovas, just because of little grip they have. Sure they're a little bit bigger, but you just get used to them.

Btw, you should use the promotion code DiZzyBonne for 5% off of your purchase :D.

Best way to turn Inovas on when they go off?

Just got my glove set (put it together myself) but now that I'm practicing with lights, the Inovas go off after 4min (which I knew). Is there a good way of turning them back on during a show.. or should I just practice keeping shows under 4 min? Thanks.

when i first started rollin a friend of mine told me to go to a store called spencers that was here in my mall (im not sure if the store is common or not), but they sell all sorts of light show equiptment, from actually rave lights and led strobe lights and things like that. its definatly worth a visit if you have one.

Iv'e got this one light show I do where I pull down my pants and i hold a glowstick from my buttcheeks(the glowstick is not all the way in). Then, while I'm gettin everyones attention, I tie my knot of string from the end, with a few more glow sticks attached. Now, I call this one, Charlottes web. Ya gotta get really dancin with your hips so you can just kind of whip them things around. And when you slap people with them, it sends a reverberation up the string, to the asscheck where you have your rumble zone, which produces AMAZING light effects. Just keep spinning and twirling with the occasional twist. Theres really no wrong way to do it. Just have Fun and be Safe !

Iv'e got this one light show I do where I pull down my pants and i hold a glowstick from my buttcheeks(the glowstick is not all the way in). Then, while I'm gettin everyones attention, I tie my knot of string from the end, with a few more glow sticks attached. Now, I call this one, Charlottes web. Ya gotta get really dancin with your hips so you can just kind of whip them things around. And when you slap people with them, it sends a reverberation up the string, to the asscheck where you have your rumble zone, which produces AMAZING light effects. Just keep spinning and twirling with the occasional twist. Theres really no wrong way to do it. Just have Fun and be Safe !

I would actually pay money to see that. That sounds fuckin' badass.