• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Light show tricks and tips.

ideas for a lightshow and massage gloves tag team

Me and a friend are going to do a lightshow and massage glove tag team as a roll trick anybody have any idea's

Idk, I'm sticking to my story, I truely believe poi takes more skill. Gloving in So-Cal is EVERYWHERE and its not uncommon for people to get good within a month or two. With glowstringing and poi that shit takes a while, not only that but its physical and your knuckles and balls take a beating if you suck.

I have videos on the tube but they're all gloswtringing and the most recent vid is over 2 years old. I seriously didn't have the flow and control that I have now. I have one fire poi vid on that channel but it was only my second burn ever and I wasn't used to the weight (fire poi are heavy as fuck, at least mine are), I also forgot that if your gonna do wraps with fire poi you've gotta wait a minute or two so I almost set myself on fire.

Here's my most recent vid which was in 2011. I was using shitty LED's that were way too light and lacked flow but whatevs, also I looked remarkably young but I was actually 18 at the time it was filmed.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhq3kNfwQbE

This vids okay too I guess.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lENoIAEEFoo

And for shits and giggles here's my second fire poi burn xD.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Av0g8OLeWo

Definately gotta make new vids, these just don't do justice. I tear up raves lol

Holy shit dude, definitely make more. Bad ass!

I stopped spinning poi when my best friend died... I'll never forget how we met... My buddy gave me his poi chains at a rave and didn't show me anything. After watching me rack myself HARD, Taustin came over and showed me how to not do that again. He also taught me how to DJ too. I haven't had much interest in either since he passed and that was all the way back in 2006. :(

Colorado has a big fire scene... Colorado Fire Tribe is probably the biggest but 303 Family is full of glow stringers and poi spinners too.

Here's one of the drum/fire gatherings that used to happen at Confluence Park in Denver up until something happened with gangs and the police said they couldn't do it there anymore. It used to happen every Sunday when it was warm enough out to do it.

Here's the CFT at Parade of Lights 2011

I've only ever spun fire once but it was an incredible feeling. I wish I would have known I was going to spin fire that night so I could have recorded it.

Last edited:
Thanks, my flow and consistency have improved quite a bit since then despite not spinning as often so I guess I am due for a new vid especially a fire poi one. That video was only my second burn and my chains were way too long, I had to constantly wind em around my finger which threw off my flow at times. Fire poi is amazing and the fire scene is even more amazing, their always friendly open minded people. Glad to see that colorado has their share of fire performers, it's a scene that's lacking in california unless you go to desert parties and such. Tripping and fire art go hand in hand, well as long as your not too deep lol. It just feels so tribal and natural, truely a great feeling not to mention it looks pretty as well. What kinda music did you spin? I also DJ, I spin DnB(usually liquid/tech), progressive/tech house, pre 09' dubstep, and sometimes trance. One of my tables is broken though so that's been put on hold for the mean time.

Sorry to hear of your friends passing, it always sucks losing someone prematurely, kind of a wake up call that life can be cut short at any minute.. at least that's how it felt when one of my childhood friends died. He overdosed on alcohol and dilaudid, choked on his vomit and was found the next morning by his parents. The whole thing was tragic and I felt so bad for his dad because they were having problems at the time and he just felt so guilty. He was only 17 at the time, so much potential down the drain. RIP David <3

anybody around here still have any Ravn strobes? looking to complete my set again! Thought blue light may have done og glovers laying around!

Hmm, I have some photons laying around, but gloving is the "in" thing now. You can look up how to make one and mess with those, lol. You could suck at lightshows and make it look good with gloves, ya got 10 freakin' lights moving around. Haha. :)

Pois and spinners got kind of old, but yeah, nah I don't have any laying around.