• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Light show tricks and tips.

One cool thing we use to do was hang glow sticks from the ceiling fan. Turn the fan on and lights off and it looks kinda cool.
Or cut open the glow sticks and fling the glow liquid all over the room, on ourselves also.

I was thinking this year about maybe a semi nude ribbon dancer act by the firelight. Do you guys think ribbon dancing is too over the top, or does it sound as good to you as it does to me?

over the top? At a rave? What are you on? Sounds good to me.

LED Gloves, Does price matter? And Another Q about Lights!

Hello. I am not sure where to put this thread and since MDMA and LED Gloves go hand in hand I guess ill try here. If not, Mods feel free to move to the appropriate place.

So anyways I was at a website and found some LED gloves for about $20. They look decent so im thinking about purchasing. THan I went to another site and found some other LED lights and theyre about $100!

Whats the difference?

Also, Are gloved good for just dancing by yourself and having some cool lights to dance with. I am tired of glowsticks and the Poisticks looked pretty cool, I always liked getting light shows with those. I do plan to give light shows but only if asked, other than that ill be gettin down on the dancefloor!

THanks!<3

The $20 probably have the batteries in near the wrist, which is where the switch is. The lights will be cheaper, not as bright, and probably won't last as long...but for a first time glove set they should be fine.

The $100 ones have individual lights and casings in the ends of the fingers. Generally they'll be Inovas which have a high power (ribbon), low power (fast strobe) and slow strobe function. They're usually brighter and for $100, I'm guessing they will come with a multi-function palm light. Just youtube "skittles gloves" and the first option that comes up will be an expensive set with Inovas so you can get an idea of the difference.

My boyfriend is a light show fanatic- we go out every weekend (NOT rolling) and give light shows to people that are rolling. From experience, the multi-light gloves from bewild.com are the best. They're a mere 25$ as well- super comfortable. You can get the same effect with the brighter, longer-lasting lights that the custom glove-sets liquidemotions.com can provide- but these will run you 100$+

We own the multi ones from bewild, and a blue/green set from liquid emotions, and the beauty of the bewild one is that ONE button in the wrist controls what setting your at. The liquid emotions ones require that you set each finger to what you want. If money was absolutely no object, I would go all out and get a crazy multi-set from liquid emotions that I could do any crazy pattern combo with. The lights themselves are brighter, stronger, and will last longer. But you can get the same/similar effect from bewild's gloves- they just tend to break eventually.

Sweet! Thanks Guys! Helped a bunch. :)

I think ill take a look at those 25$ gloves you were talking about than since i am a newb. I was also looking at these black gloves on Raveworx.com. They are New, if anyone knows anything about these thatd be cool too cuz i like the effect of black gloves over white!

:D<3

I would check out liquidemotions.com, like bsiren mentioned. I've bought several things from them and am happy with all of them. They just brought in new poi balls that I ordered today. I have a promo code that is good for 5% off + two free dropz microlights if you put in "boss" while checking out. LED gloves are great for dancing, they can be good for light shows two. Poi and flowlights are really amazing for light shows, but not as good for dancing imo. If you can mix in dancing with a light show with poi/flowlights that would be AWESOME :)

i would recommend lightzombies! its the cheapest website ive found. liquidemotions is a ripoff in my opinion. orbitlightshow is also a decent site.
the price difference comes down to the price for different types of lights.
maxlights or nibblers are what are in my gloves currently.
inovas are way expensive

Last edited:
Those 20-25 dollar gloves are just gloves with wiring, bulbs, and batteries. They do not contain any physical microlights, they are not as bright, not good if you plan on gloving for a while, and run out of battery faster. However, if you are just getting started and don't want to pay too much money they are perfect beginners set. The wannabes have many different modes and look good enough to wow people.

If your looking into getting into gloving a lot and have the money I would look into maxlights or inovas, either are the best bang for your buck. They are exceptionally bright and have multiple different solid colors, 3 color combinations and other unique color combinations.

The maxlight is a big smaller width wise, but a little thicker than the inova. It has the option of putting on diffusers which give the light a bigger glow and adds to the effect of the light. The solid color maxlights cost $6-7, while the modified maxlights cost from $8-12 a light so for a full glove set it would cost around $60-$120 depending the which lights you purchase.

The inova is a wider, thinner than the maxlight, it is also very bright, but has a smaller light thickness. It is unmatched in battery consumption and has the longest battery life of any rave light out there. The solid inovas cost $7-$8.50, while moded inovas cost from $9-$12 a light. So a 10 fingered glove set would cost around $70-$120. Both inovas and maxlights come with batteries, but once they run out you have to purchase new batteries for the gloves, on www.orbitlightshow.com the batteries are $5 for 10, it takes 2 batteries per light so if you have a 10 light glove set 20 batteries or $10 will replace all your batteries to brand new.

Check out www.orbitlightshow.com they have both the $20 sets (wannabes) and many different microlight types dotz, maxlight, inova, photon freedom. They have the lowest prices online and with the promo code : poonednoob you can get 5% off and 1 free ultra bright microlight.

I personally have a all modified inova set, 12 moded inovas in total 1 for each finger, and 2 for palms. However, I would now recomend a maxlight set as they do have the rockin diffusers which give the light a extra kick effect. I purchased inovas before the maxlights were out so I didn't really have much of a choice :)
Hope this helps.

Don't get the cheap ones.. they break 3 of my friends that have got them and all of them have broke. trust me spend like 20 bucks more and get a good set.

i agree with shakur. put money into the more expensive glove set.
liquid emotions.com has awesome selection for good prices.
using the code: ET at the check out will also get you 5% off and 2 free dropz
I ALSO highly recommend iNovas or Dropz 2, just because of the size/functionality for the price.
drops 1 have shitty switches/hard to change the battery.

i agree with shakur. put money into the more expensive glove set.
liquid emotions.com has awesome selection for good prices.
using the code: ET at the check out will also get you 5% off and 2 free dropz
I ALSO highly recommend iNovas or Dropz 2, just because of the size/functionality for the price.
drops 1 have shitty switches/hard to change the battery.

orbitlightshow.com is cheapter then le and the dropz2 are just horrible weird shaping, horrible battery life, and randomly shut off on you
maxlights r the best production light out right now imo

agreed^

maxlights (or nibblers) are the best lights out there for the money.

i think lightzombies is better than orbitlightshow though.
cheaper im pretty sure.

inovas are good but not worth it for the price really.. especially since with most IC bulbs they lose their other functions.

Lightshow appreciation thread!

I love to give lightshows to people who are rolling at raves and parties. I use gloves and an orbit, sometimes separate and sometimes together (glorbiting). I've found it's a great ice breaker to meet people (people just come up to me at raves and ask!).

When I roll, I personally can't sit still for a light show for more than a minute, but I still love the colors nonetheless. Anyways, here's some samples of my lightshows! Post your pics/videos if you have them!

Glove Practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0RR3oAhWI8

Orbit Practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhtVpEo145Q

Glorbit show given at Infected Mushroom. I didn't upload this and didn't know it was being recorded until after the show, I had about 20 people circled around me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklbCClBOkM

agreed^

maxlights (or nibblers) are the best lights out there for the money.

i think lightzombies is better than orbitlightshow though.
cheaper im pretty sure.

inovas are good but not worth it for the price really.. especially since with most IC bulbs they lose their other functions.

but inovas are the bomb, so durable!