• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Light show tricks and tips.

Those 20-25 dollar gloves are just gloves with wiring, bulbs, and batteries. They do not contain any physical microlights, they are not as bright, not good if you plan on gloving for a while, and run out of battery faster. However, if you are just getting started and don't want to pay too much money they are perfect beginners set. The wannabes have many different modes and look good enough to wow people.

If your looking into getting into gloving a lot and have the money I would look into maxlights or inovas, either are the best bang for your buck. They are exceptionally bright and have multiple different solid colors, 3 color combinations and other unique color combinations.

The maxlight is a big smaller width wise, but a little thicker than the inova. It has the option of putting on diffusers which give the light a bigger glow and adds to the effect of the light. The solid color maxlights cost $6-7, while the modified maxlights cost from $8-12 a light so for a full glove set it would cost around $60-$120 depending the which lights you purchase.

The inova is a wider, thinner than the maxlight, it is also very bright, but has a smaller light thickness. It is unmatched in battery consumption and has the longest battery life of any rave light out there. The solid inovas cost $7-$8.50, while moded inovas cost from $9-$12 a light. So a 10 fingered glove set would cost around $70-$120. Both inovas and maxlights come with batteries, but once they run out you have to purchase new batteries for the gloves, on www.orbitlightshow.com the batteries are $5 for 10, it takes 2 batteries per light so if you have a 10 light glove set 20 batteries or $10 will replace all your batteries to brand new.

Check out www.orbitlightshow.com they have both the $20 sets (wannabes) and many different microlight types dotz, maxlight, inova, photon freedom. They have the lowest prices online and with the promo code : poonednoob you can get 5% off and 1 free ultra bright microlight.

I personally have a all modified inova set, 12 moded inovas in total 1 for each finger, and 2 for palms. However, I would now recomend a maxlight set as they do have the rockin diffusers which give the light a extra kick effect. I purchased inovas before the maxlights were out so I didn't really have much of a choice :)
Hope this helps.

im going in to the store tomorrow for the first time, going to pick up some new bulbs for my inovoas, ribbons!

socalthizzn; said:
im going in to the store tomorrow for the first time, going to pick up some new bulbs for my inovoas, ribbons!

What store do you buy bulbs in?

What chu set with?

Glovers:
Post your current or ideal glove set up.
Right now, I'm set up with this,
Thumb-pinky
Red inova
BWY ribbon
Purple UV
BWG ribbon
Tracer
7color rainbow.

Your lightshow experiences?

Ok so I was rolling about every weekend for a while there. Got pretty boring. So I realized taking a break would be a lot more fun. So after waiting 6 weeks I tripple dropped some dank pills with 2 friends at my house. They each dropped 2. I have never rolled that hard in my life before 8o We were ALL tripping hard. It didnt feel like the normal "dirty trip" i usually get from taking too much x. I think it was probably MDA, but I was extremely happy also. We were all having such a good time that we ended up eating all the tabs though. 8) I had 5 in the end (3 when we were doing lightshows) and never had that bad feeling I had when I used to redose. Im always waiting at least a month to roll now... Its crazy. Our night did end in a bunch of lulzlzz though when we were chillin in a bed etarded before passing out haha.

ANYWAYS... I had my gloves and I gave this girl a lightshow. After the song was over she layed their and said the weirdest stuff haha... Then my other friend gave me a lightshow. And know he doesnt give lightshows so it was a bad one (to a sober person lol). When he gave me one, I had the CRAZIEST visuals. It looked like a giant arm like thing was coming out of the ceiling and was controlling the gloves. And right as I was about to say something about it, the chick that was laying on the ground talking about tile and wood? haha starts to say There was a hand!!! controlling it! lol..

Sorry for the long intro, just wanted to show how hard I was rolling. When you get a lightshow how does it look to you? Before the lights were just really entrancing to watch, I never got visuals like that from it. I know its hard to explain but I'm curious as to what different people get from then.

Edit: also know we did smoke some dank throughout the night. But I lost the body high I used to get from X after probably my 5th roll. But this roll I had an intense high from the tabs before I smoked which was a great surprise! I forgot how intense X REALLY is!

Last edited:
7 years ago I remember getting this crazy light show with these balls of light. I don't remember what they looked like when they were static, but during the lightshow I could see balls of light everywhere and they would be popping up randomly in all different directions, it was insane. Anybody know what they could have been?

7 years ago I remember getting this crazy light show with these balls of light. I don't remember what they looked like when they were static, but during the lightshow I could see balls of light everywhere and they would be popping up randomly in all different directions, it was insane. Anybody know what they could have been?

Those are called strobe fx. You can find em online I'm pretty sure.

Yea they're really fun to mod. And they have a strobe setting that litterally will surround your body with balls of light.

They were like balls connected to a stick, like a tree. When he used it all these colors in circles were flashing around me, that's the best I could remember X|.

hmm. I really don't know.. I'd wait for socal thizzin to drop in on this.he'd know

Why does everyone consider Wongton as the person who revolutionized gloving? I remember getting great glove lightshows 7 years ago at massives but Wongton started raving in 2007.

The most important thing about lightshows is that the movement of your lights follow the tempo of the music.

What I used to do is imagine the space in front of the viewers as a cube or sphere. The lights travel along the contours of that shape. You alternate between the shapes with diagonal movements.

The "cube" or "sphere" changes size during the lightshow too. Sometimes growing to the size of your own body (move the lights around your body).

Some people will teach you tricks such as the spider where you hook your thumbs together and wiggle your other fingers. Practice makes perfect. A good lightshow will resemble those visualizations you see on music players.