Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Newcomers - Cold Water Extraction: Method Do's & Don'ts

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew
Hiyer newcomers! :)
Seems the drought has brought many new members to BL, so I thought that seeing as I was asked about this a few times, I'd put up a thread here (specifically for new EADD members) about Cold Water Extraction - How to go about it etc...

The basic premise of a CWE:

Codeine is very, very water-soluble. So much so that, even with very cold water, it will all be "taken in" by the water.
Paracetamol is rather insoluble in water - More so in Cold Water.
Using this technique, you remove most of the Paracetamol and all the binders from the tablets, and end up with a solution of Codeine and Water.
This way you will save your Liver and be able to help your withdrawals out in times of dire need ;)

You will need:

• Co-Codamol Tablets (Pharmacy Generic - Supermarket Pharmacies seem to be cheapest)
  • Coffee Filters
  • Measuring jug (preferably glass)
  • Pint Glass
  • Something to turn your tablets into powder (I have a nice, metal Weed grinder I use)
  • Cold Water
  • Time

MonstaNoodle's CWE Technique:

1. Split Co-Codamol tablets into halves and grind them in a Weed grinder (I have a really effective one for this with the half-tablets fitting nicely into the "slots" between the "spikes"). But, as stated, any way you can get yer tabs into powder will do.

2. Fill a glass measuring jug with ~25ml of tap cold water, or water you've kept in the fridge, for every 16 tablets you use.

3. Add the now powdered tablets to the water and swish around a few times till it looks nicely mixed.

4. Get two Coffee filters, dampen them with cold water (not too much or they tend to split) and place one wrapped around a pint glass, place the other sitting inside the first.

5. Pour the solution into the filters and leave it to... well... Filter.

6. When most of the Codeine/Water solution has filtered, carefully twist and wrap the top filter around, gently squeezing any excess water from it.

7. When most of the solution has left the filter, you can now squeeze harder to get every last drop out.
Then you can squeeze the second filter (that's wrapped around the pint glass) to get all the Codeine/Water solution you can out.

8. Drink the clear solution like a shot and chase it with some tasty fruit juice.

Done ;) I find no need to use warm water or for further cooling in the fridge. I've done this many times and my Liver is fine (blood tests have confirmed this).

Notes:

DO NOT INJECT THE SOLUTION! It will cause a massive release of Histamine and a build up of fluid in the lungs.

Don't try this with the effervescent tablets. They contain a form of Paracetamol that's a salt, making it more soluble in water. Tis dangerous. They also contain a lot of Sorbitol which is also not too good for you.

Try not to drink any Alcohol, but if you must do, do so after the Codeine has taken effect to minimise any extra Liver damage (Paracetamol + Ethanol = Bad).

Use as little water as possible and make it as cold as possible. The less Paracetamol you end up with the better.

Last edited:
Good post noodle.

I always found a food blender saved alot of time/effort.

Also, no need to chase the solution with fruit juice. Just pour the solution (once filtered) into a glass of orange juice or something and chug away.

I find undiluted ribena to be pretty good for masking the taste :)

Don't use a towel for a filter - use a coffee filter or couple of layers of kitchen roll

Definitely - I wouldn't use anything else other than Coffee filters or Pharm-grade filters. But I wouldn't use Kitchen roll unless it was that super strong stuff and I had no other choice to be honest.

Also, no need to chase the solution with fruit juice. Just pour the solution (once filtered) into a glass of orange juice or something and chug away.

I guess it's a personal preference. It's the same with spirits for me:
If I'm drinking Whiskey or something similar, I take a big chug and then down a mouthful of juice to get rid of the taste. Works well for me :)
Then again, some people would rather do what you and Effie do ;)

Asda smart price kitchen provides a perfectly clear solution. It's absolutely the best filter I came across. Some of the more expensive kitchen roll lets loads of paracetamol through, and produces a cloudy liquid. Of course, give the kitchen roll a good wetting first, so it doesn't soak up the goodness. Also, to crush the tablets, hit the blister pack with a hammer (not too hard), and then just push out the powder. It takes about a minute to crush 32. A bit of cordial for taste.

Cold Water Extraction - Am I doing it right? I want to get high tonight!

Hello,

I'm about to have a go at a CWE of codiene phopshate hemihydrate from 30mg/500mg co-codamol capsules. I am only going to use 4 tablets = 120mg codiene as I appear to be a lightweight when it comes to codiene (60mg for me has a noticeable effect and a mild but enjoyable buzz).

I just did a little trial run using 1000mg of paracetemol (yeah I know i'm probably being over-cautious but i'm quite fond my liver) and this is what I did and how it turned out:

All I used were x2 small cups, x1 tea bag that I cut open at the top and discarded the tea from, 2 spoons to crush up the paracetmol and some mineral water.

So I crushed up the paracetemol as best I could and put them in one of the glesses and poured roughly 10-20ml of water in and stirred on and off for about 15 minutes. Most the white 'gunk' seemed to settle on the bottom with some small clumps floating around that just wouldn't dissolve no matter how much I stirred. I didn't bother putting it in the freezer to cool it down further. Does this matter?

Next I poured it very carefully into the tea bag and was left with a considerable amount of 'gunk' in the teabag. I gave it a squeeze to get as much of the remaining water out as possible. I collected all the 'gunk' on the spoon I used to crush the tablets and could see that it looked fairly similar to the amount of paracetemol i'd crushed up originally - maybe 25-50% less which I assume is just because it was wet and therefore just appeared less compared to the crushed powderised paracetemol I started with.

Anyway, the end product was some slightly cloudy off-white trasnparent water and a very tiny (i'm guessing 10mg) amount of white powder at the bottom similar to the 'grit' you get at the end of a cup of tea (basically the tiny amounts that got through the filter).

Should the water be completely clear or does it sound like i'm doing it right? I would use a different filter if I was using higher amounts of tablets but I am guessing since I am only using 4 tablets I actually only need to be catching 50% (i.e 1 gram) of the paracetemol in the filter and since i'm seeing a lot of gunk in my filter i'm guessing i'm filtering well over 50% anyways. But should the end product be totally clear and transparent?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
oh well too late lol

I got at least a gram in gunk out though so i'm not going to die (not that I wouldve anyway with 2 grams of paracetemol). I ended up with fairly transparent off-white water. This tea bag method seems to work quite well with these kinds of doses where there is hardly any paracetemol to filter anyway. The final product tastes like ass but ive had worse.

Feeling a light buzz coming on already after 10 minutes. Good stuff.

I just need some info on cwe guys. I've been on heroin bout 13/14 years now. The last few days i've been smoking 2 £20 bags of strong gear (i'm still getting as the drought has finish for me) a day plus about 30mil of methadone occasionally. I've never about cwe until i came to this site. My question is how many co-codamal do i need to get a buzz as they are 500/10 and also whats the best way to cwe. Cheers

Its not worth it you wont get a buzz imho just a histamine reaction

Its not worth it you wont get a buzz imho just a histamine reaction

WORD !!

I done a CWE the other night of 64 coco's and never took an anti-histamine. I had thee worst histamine reaction and it totally killed my night. FULL on redness and itches and face like Bear Gryls when he got stung by the bee ;) This photo doesnt really do it justice as the flash was really bright but anyone that has met me will know that is me with a really swollen face/eyes.

NSFW:
eyesq.jpg

^ That's how you look all the time ;)

No really, you dafty.

But yeah, another +1 to always always have anti-histimines on hand.

CWE isnt worth the effort if you have a habit unless you have nothing else and wd's are knocking at yer door even then it will only smooth out thje edges - too much and you will itch like a flea with fleas.. To the fella who did x4 tablets you might just as well as eaten them - its only worth doing a cwe if your going to ingest grams of apap (paraceutamal)

If you are going to try and remove the nasties from drugs to make them less harmful, please use something a hell of a lot better than a bloody teabag! Proper filters cost pennies on that well known auction website.

Just use a fairly tight woven t-shirt, make it double layered so you're filtering through the back and the front and it'll work fine.

And yes, you do normally get a slightly cloudy solution. I usually find that the first pass will be clear and then when I filter the crap collected with fresh cold water it;'ll come out slightly cloudy.

I'm lucky though and can get a nice feeling from between 60-100mg of codeine.

multiple layers of kitchen roll = crystal clear CWE from most brands

Tip:-

If your using coffee filters, dip the bottom in water first, it stops the filters splitting.

;)

Bumped due to CWE threads popping up again.
Direct questions here too and they shall be answered ;) Less threads = less hassle for everyone.