Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I hallucinate with 16mg?

I have the fumarate version btw. I assume this is less potent, isn't it?

Some people are more prone to visuals than others, but I'm guessing that 16 mg will give you some decent visual morphing / patterning. Yes, the fumarate is a bit less potent by weight than, say, the hydrochloride.

Your glowing response to 4HOMiPT has made me even more curious to try it. It's been going round my area for a wee while now but I've been resistant to trying it as I like to stick to tried and tested psychedelics due to a fear of bad trips but I keep hearing things about 4ho (most good, a few bad) which is really tempting me to expand my psychedelic horizons.

Hopefully I'll have something goof to report soon.
Man, based on the reports I read of this one it was the first RC I ever tried to acquire. That was almost 2 years ago. I still haven't happened to get a hold of it and I've been dying to! So, vicariously, I want you to do it, so that I can live through you.

Me and my friend went this weekend to some sort of dunes, a large nature area with almost only light sand. It was a warm sunny day, with no clouds. There arrived we took 20mg each in a capsule (which was too low for us). After 1.5 hours it hit me and oohhh... what an awesome experience! Absolutely amazing! My friend was amazed by the visuals in nature and has been standing for hours looking at trees. He had peaceful thoughts all the trip. In contrast to him, I had hardly no open eye visuals, but closed, o man, they were amazing!!

I was laying in the sand, in a wide open space, at that moment all alone. I was staring straight into the sun with my sunglasses on and my eyes closed. While listening to a great progressive mix, I suddenly saw crystal clear flashes of a very beautiful girl smiling and looking at me. At that moment I had both hands in the sand, and raised them up and down. I was feeling how the sand felt down through my fingers. Like a projector that hit the falling sand, I was suddenly looking at a colourful moving picture of this girl. She was clearly enjoying my music and started dancing in a very sensual way on the rhythm of the beat. I was being able to control every move of her... Awesome!

I was being able to control every move of her... Awesome!

This is what I experienced with my CEVs at 43mg. It's the only psychedelic I've done out of 4-AcO, LSD, shrooms, 2c-e, and 25c where I've been able to control my CEVs down to a T. I was imagining a four sided neon castle with bowser and mario heads at the tops of the walls rotating and shimmering when I was on it.

heya, I'm a bit interested in this one (or any in the MIPT subfamily actually), could any of you guys with experience explain how does homipt compare to moxy? I hear it can be more intense, but speculate it's not the only difference. It's like twice as expensive per dose where I buy though, so I'm still wondering if it's worth trying given that or better to just get another shipment of 5-MeO-MIPT next time.

heya, I'm a bit interested in this one (or any in the MIPT subfamily actually), could any of you guys with experience explain how does homipt compare to moxy? I hear it can be more intense, but speculate it's not the only difference. It's like twice as expensive per dose where I buy though, so I'm still wondering if it's worth trying given that or better to just get another shipment of 5-MeO-MIPT next time.

I'm pretty sure this compound is deeper psychedelically than 5-MeO-MiPT.

I'm still wondering if it's worth trying given that or better to just get another shipment of 5-MeO-MIPT next time.

Totally different substances for me, except music sounds amazing with both.

I think 4-HO-MiPT is my favorite: way less body load, smooth in and out. 5-MeO-MiPT is gone quickly after its peak, and is way more difficult to handle, gives more anxious thoughts, while it doesn't give me any beautiful CEV's as I get with 4-HO-MiPT. Most interesting thing of 5-MeO-MiPT though is seeing what you think; if I look at a picture, I can zoom in a little, and then I am able to change it by thinking, everything gets cartoonish if I drop more then 10mg.

I just dropped 16mg 4-HO-MiPT for a small sunday afternoon trip.

does anyone else find it really hard to sleep after taking this? like if i take it in the afternoon at 5pm then i still cant get to sleep all night.

yes. even though the trip is very clean and doesn't leave me feeling strung out, i am usually up til about 3 or 4 AM after dosing miprocin, even as early as 4 or 5 PM. i only trip for 4-6 hours. but i'm awake for at least 8-9 hours.

After having yet another fantastic trip on 4-HO-MiPT, I've decided to rank it among my top favorite psychedelic drugs.

Ended up writing a rap while I was tripping, which I've never even done sober. :D It was amazing, the words just spilled out of me, almost before I even became conscious of them, like I was channeling cosmic poetry.

Also, the open eye visuals were just beautiful, unparalleled. Very organic and animated, flowing. Unlike the more solid, inorganic geometric structures of, say, NBOMes.

i would have to agree with all of that as well. it's the "cleanest" feeling RC i've tried (out of 4-aco-dmt, 2ce, 2cb, NBOMes). actually it leaves my body feeling quite alright, just like LSD does.

it also seems to have struck a creative chord within me. i wrote two poems or songs in the days after first experimenting with miprocin. never wrote anything like them before.

I am thinking of taking 16mg tomorrow together with a good friend. But as I am new to this substance, and fairly new to tripping, it's making me a little anxious after many of you warning it's so strong.

i shared 15 mg with my brother for his first trip on it. i'd say as long as you are in a safe environment (not too many people, etc.) you'll be good with 16 mg. of course i don't know you at all...so maybe you'll lose it. his gf took 13 mg and had a blast.

14 mg was a bit much for my friend to take and go to the bar (that's how he likes to trip, but therefore he likes lower doses and probably not tryptamines)

i dont know why but i need way higher doses than others with 4-ho-mipt. my usual dose is 75mg. same with 4-aco-dmt.

That's very high tolerance, natural or otherwise. Regarding 4-HO-MiPT, 30mg is a very strong +++ for me. My preferred dose is 25mg. Even 20mg is a very solid ++ or moderate +++.

progressive said:
interesting, what is your threshold mg?
when i first experimented with it i tried 16mg and worked up from there in small increments with at least a week each dose. i guess the threshold was about 30mg. it would be great to be able to have smaller doses so my stash would last longer, you folks are so lucky. does nobody else experience the same problem?

when i first experimented with it i tried 16mg and worked up from there in small increments with at least a week each dose. i guess the threshold was about 30mg. it would be great to be able to have smaller doses so my stash would last longer, you folks are so lucky. does nobody else experience the same problem?

I have experienced this with 4-AcO-DMT, yes, but I haven't tried 4-HO-MiPT yet. I may soon, so I will let you know.

I finally got a chance to try 4-HO-MiPT and was VERY pleased indeed. I'm not going to write a full trip report but here's the short version. 20mg was a very comfortable and joyful ++ with fleeting moments of +++ thrown in when I got in the zone.

I think Shulgin's time scale is definitely off for this one. My first alerts weren't until 30 min and it wasn't until about t+1:30 that I can confidently say I leveled off and stopped coming up. This material is very clear-headed. I found myself bouncing through wonderful though patterns and flights of fancy, yet in a very sober-feeling way. As if I were just being very imaginative as opposed to spewing psychedelic babble to my friend (his dose was 17mg and we seemed more or less on the same level as I tend to be hard-headed). We engaged each other thoroughly in conversation, lively and deep, yet lighthearted, about the nature of life, and how beautiful nature is, and all the usual crap (you know you love that crap), and yet it always felt comfortable and clear. I felt distinctly coherent in my language and unfettered by the drug. I would even say that it seemed to counter-act some of the haziness I would normally get from the weed I was smoking. I felt as if I was getting high, but not getting stoned (and they usually go hand in hand), but My brain just felt very clear and un-muddled.

I probably started coming down at t+3:00 with the plateau beginning to wind down at only t+2:30. But i was still not back to baseline completely when I went to sleep, at t+5:30. These times are all pretty tentative though because the material seemed to come on surprisingly smoothly and leave in the same fashion. It was hard for me to tell when I wen't from "coming up" to "peaking" as the transition was os smooth. And then all of a sudden I was not tripping as hard at t+3:00 as I was before, so i figured I must be on the tail end.

In conclusion, this is wonderful material and I can't wait to push the dose. I felt through out this first experience that there was more to be seen just over the horizon. I'm thinking 30mg has the potential to REALLY send me somewhere. I will report back here when I have done so, but for now I have other things to my "to-do list."

One Love and Happy tripping to all.

Does anyone have experience with a low-dose of this in comparison to 5-Meo-MiPT? I have to make my mind up if I want to buy some of this, or just get a bucket load of the 5-Meo compound because I do need a new party drug (MDMA just kills me and I'm not so much of a stim guy anymore)

Does anyone have experience with a low-dose of this in comparison to 5-Meo-MiPT? I have to make my mind up if I want to buy some of this, or just get a bucket load of the 5-Meo compound because I do need a new party drug (MDMA just kills me and I'm not so much of a stim guy anymore)

I have experience with both, with high en low dosages. I find both not suitable for a party, but some disagree. I would rather go for low dose of 2C-B then. But if I should, I would go for 4-HO-MiPT.

When I take 4-HO-MiPT birdsounds are extremely fascinating to me. It's like I am transformed into Dr. Dolittle. The guy from the movie who can understand and talk to animals. Do_little literally too, I can be intrigued by nature gaze for hours and do nothing. It right gets me in some sort of meditation, drop anything in life that is materialistic.

I once had this mindfulness training. In my last 4-HO-MipT trip I was laughing my ass off about this mindfulness method,... expensive training and so much blah blah

this substance gets you in a real mindfulness. It's hundreds of times stronger and much more effective.

I can totally understand what you’re saying progressive about the bird calls. I find there is a lot of synaesthesia between sound and vision and the sounds can be translated into shapes and bizarre environments in your imagination or the part of your brain that processes images. This also has an amazing effect when listening to music.

I have also found that practicing mindfulness on 4-ho-mipt can really help you explore the far reaches of your mind and find some kind of spiritual fulfillment. It’s like being able to tap into a kind of light that is the source of a powerful euphoria. I’m sure that this is the feeling religious people feel and call God.

chasingabee that's a very good explanation of how I feel this compound. Totally agree.

Yesterday night I had my third 4-ho-mipt trip. Started with a 19mg capsule alone at home. Hardly no body load, just some shivers, felt a litte colt, easy come up for the mind Felt the transitition at T 0.50, peak at T 1.30. At the peak I took another 8mg.

Again I had no strong OEVs, just a little moving, bending, no changes in color. With my eyes closed I saw all kind of images rapidly come by, one after another, mostly like very short video's, with the same subject for let's say 1 minute, then switched to something else what I was thinking of, not so vivid and clear this time. While I was listening to some old music with my headphone, I felt extremely euphoric and was dancing in my mind.

At about T 3.00 I took 10mg 2C-D to get the feeling back which worked well I think. Although it was night, I felt an extremely strong urge to go outside. I had to go out. I had to, no option to stay inside. I took my bike and had so much energy I drove like 2.5 hours, mostly without handlebars. While I was listening to my music from my iPhone with IEM's, I felt so euphoric with almost tears in my eyes. The music sounded so beautiful to me.
At home at about T 5.30 I took about 16mg 2C-D capsuled. Nothing special anymore, didn't work I think, found I felt a little sleepy too, I know I have been watching the rising sun and then decided to go to sleep at T 7.00.

Good trip, just a little restless, as I wanted to much from this trip, getting to see images I wanted, controlling it to much. Next time I should go with the flow. The music appreciation and seeing images from the past by imagining them is the most interesting thing to me in this compound.

According to TiHKAL : " 4-HO-MIPT discolors quickly if it is not kept in an inert atmosphere and in a freezer." it´s probably better to follow this advise instead of doing personal storing experiments ;-).
I have only experimented with 4-HO-MET storage and it didn´t lose any potency or change its color since I´m storing it (about 1 Year) and it´s just kept in a bag within a small dark box.

Air, moisture, and light are the real killers. I had an 8 year old sample that began to turn a rusty brown colour about 6 years prior. The vial was wrapped in parafilm and stored in about 300g of silica to prevent hydration, then placed in a locked cabinet at room temperature. Since then the sample shows little more degradation.

4-AcO-DET, by contrast, is much less stable and is still showing a little progressive degradation in the same conditions. I haven't run a TLC, but I suspect the purity is still pretty high in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.