View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, I do think air and moisture are the real culprits...not so sure about light as I've always had em stored in the dark...but many samples of 4-substituted tryptamines (some as the base, some as fumarate salt) have been stored at times outside of ideal conditions, but always in sealed glass vials, and some have darkened with age, some considerably so, but none ever went gooey and all that I've resampled over the years don't seem any less potent than before. And some psilocin fumarate has never been taken from a plastic baggie, has hardly spent any time in cold conditions, and is going to be highly missed when the sample is depleted. Well, being a hobbyist mycologist was a lot of fun, I am sure it still is.

Air, moisture, and light are the real killers. I had an 8 year old sample that began to turn a rusty brown colour about 6 years prior. The vial was wrapped in parafilm and stored in about 300g of silica to prevent hydration, then placed in a locked cabinet at room temperature. Since then the sample shows little more degradation.

4-AcO-DET, by contrast, is much less stable and is still showing a little progressive degradation in the same conditions. I haven't run a TLC, but I suspect the purity is still pretty high in both cases.

Last edited:
So I tried some at a festival this weekend (did like 35 mg split into 2 doses, taking the other one about 1h into first shot's peak) and I think I have a new favorite among tryptamines :). Beautiful feeling, beautiful visions and utter intoxication. Laying back in the chill out tent, just observing everything happening around me was an absolutely cleansing and opening experience. Very therapeutic compound, great for social trips, as long as you're not expected to sensibly communicate. :)

OH yeah back in LOVE with miprocin. It seemed a little different from what I remember the other two times I took it (at 12mg and 16mg if I remember) but it is from the same batch so just that I am in a different place I am sure...last times were in 2004. Took 20mg last night. Most notable was 1, the COMPLETE absense of any tension, bodyload, or anything remotely unpleasant body wise. Pure bliss there. The trip itself was somewhat colorful, not intensely so...but the movement of the vision and the synesthesia was IMMENSE. And the mental aspect would go from being psilocin-like... then it would be like a weird, 'slower' version of LSD-like, then back to psilocin-like. VERY intense stuff at 20mg, but beautiful in every way. A little intense coming on, a time or two I was worried I'd get the fear but it would pass as soon as I'd notice it. When the peak started it was all smooth sailing! Gorgeous material.

^ Very interesting - I was thinking of asking you for your thoughts on 4-HO-MiPT, MGS, in response to your appraisal of psilocin and DMT as the top tier of tryptamines. Miprocin is certainly a gem for me. Very much insight, personal growth.

OH yeah back in LOVE with miprocin. It seemed a little different from what I remember the other two times I took it (at 12mg and 16mg if I remember) but it is from the same batch so just that I am in a different place I am sure...last times were in 2004. Took 20mg last night. Most notable was 1, the COMPLETE absense of any tension, bodyload, or anything remotely unpleasant body wise. Pure bliss there. The trip itself was somewhat colorful, not intensely so...but the movement of the vision and the synesthesia was IMMENSE. And the mental aspect would go from being psilocin-like... then it would be like a weird, 'slower' version of LSD-like, then back to psilocin-like. VERY intense stuff at 20mg, but beautiful in every way. A little intense coming on, a time or two I was worried I'd get the fear but it would pass as soon as I'd notice it. When the peak started it was all smooth sailing! Gorgeous material.

Yeah, this stuff shines around 20 mg or so of the freebase. I doubt I could differentiate it from psilocybin mushrooms, but I'm sure there are a lot of people here who would argue otherwise.

I think my body's temperature is in the trip at it's peak 2 hours after ingesting 4-ho-mipt.

Due to a combination of a higher room temperature (24' C/ 75' F) and this substance, I had the urge to take off my shirt and to spray myself a little with a plant spray. My body's temperature feels like taking MDMA.

I am wondering how many of you 4-ho-mipt users can confirm hyperthermia?

Could the domaninergic system be involved?

Last edited:
I think my body's temperature is in the trip at it's peak 2 hours after ingesting 4-ho-mipt.

Due to a combination of a higher room temperature (24' C/ 75' F) and this substance, I had the urge to take off my shirt and to spray myself a little with a plant spray. My body's temperature feels like taking MDMA.

I am wondering how many of you 4-ho-mipt users can confirm hyperthermia?

Could the domaninergic system be involved?

Hyperthermia is a result of 5HT2A/5HT2C agonism in the anterior hypothalamus and occurs with most psychedelics.

^ Odd, because psychedelics always make me feel cold, and dress warmer.

Subjective feelings are usually the reverse of your actual body temperature. For instance, when you have influenza and have a fever, you feel extremely cold and get chills. When you drink alcohol and have vasodilation (causing a lower body temperature), you feel warm.

Anyone know if this compound is noticeably more worthwhile than a combo of 5-Meo-MiPT and 4-Aco-DMT? And how does that relation stack up to 4-Aco-MiPT? Still intrigued by this one, but not sure which horse I should bet my money on with the next round of buys (especially because the tryptamines are all so similar, would rather cover a range of different things than have a few different tastes of a mushroom trip)

Anyone know if this compound is noticeably more worthwhile than a combo of 5-Meo-MiPT and 4-Aco-DMT? And how does that relation stack up to 4-Aco-MiPT? Still intrigued by this one, but not sure which horse I should bet my money on with the next round of buys (especially because the tryptamines are all so similar, would rather cover a range of different things than have a few different tastes of a mushroom trip)
I think 4-ho-mipt has a better, not more intense, but better body high than 5-meo-mipt. Its just about as deep as 4-aco-dmt, IME. It is also the closest to mushrooms out of the 4-sub-trypts I've tried, IME. I think 4-ho-mipt is the best of the 4-sub-trypts that I've tried. Hope that helps your decision.

I think 4-ho-mipt has a better, not more intense, but better body high than 5-meo-mipt. Its just about as deep as 4-aco-dmt, IME. It is also the closest to mushrooms out of the 4-sub-trypts I've tried, IME. I think 4-ho-mipt is the best of the 4-sub-trypts that I've tried. Hope that helps your decision.

I agree, having had experience with 4 ACO DMT and 4 HO MIPT the latter is so much better, feels just as spiritual and deep as 4 ACO DMT but has a much more friendly side to it, i find 4 aco dmt has a much more "sinister" feeling to it, MIPT also has much more colourful visuals and truly jaw dropping sound enhancement.

Not really sure why ACO DMT gets all the credit, this one is far superior in so many ways.

I really like 4-ho-mipt it has a nice body feel, very pleasurable and it just give me an all around nice smooth trip.

Compared 4-ho-mipt vs 4-aco-dmt for me-

I find 4-ho-mipt more pleasurable, more of a good body feel, great for sex. The trips for me are not as mentally deep, I don't drift as deep into my thoughts and underlining realities. I like this one when I am in the mood for a more fun and pleasurable trip. The CEVs are not as complex as 4-aco but seem to be more colorful for me.

4-aco-dmt feels soo much like DMT.. to me it take me deeper it is smooth but not as smooth as 4-ho-mipt. 4-aco-dmt can change easier and go into darker places if my head is in different places. I like 4-aco-dmt more in nature it enhances delicate angles and qualities in the surrounding nature soo nice like shrooms. I love going to the woods and watching stuff on this.. I really like 4-aco-dmt for mental contemplation I can watch my thoughts and they are easy to stay in focus most of the time.

I like them both I like 4-aco-dmt a little more. On a cold snowy day inside I would choose 4-ho-mipt - An sunny autumn day in the woods I would choose 4-aco-dmt

I got to agree 4-ho-mipt is a favorite of mine out of the ones I've been gifted with.... How does it compare to 4-ho-met?

Thanks for all the input guys. Not that I got any wiser from it, but I guess that means I'll have to come to a conclusion myself then. :D Must say, when dosed exactly right, a 4-aco-dmt/5-meo-mipt combo is really great, so if this offers something even remotely similar (in a neater package than a combo) then I'll probably like it

The first time I tried 4-ho-mipt a little less than 2 years ago I was simply blown away, the music enhancement was out of this world, the euphoria was tangible and the body high was MDMA-like. The last time I tried it at 30mg (a couple months ago) I was severely let down. I was plagued by a mild nausea for most of the trip and was very underwhelmed both visually and aurally. Of course, then I snorted 20-25mg of 4-aco-dmt and the trip become absolutely overwhelming, but I was rather disappointed at how mild the experience was in contrast to the last time. Although, the first time I dosed it, I did 20mg orally and 15mg nasally - maybe I need to dose it nasally next time. Well, I'll report back whenever that happens, but that might not be for awhile since I work 7 days a week for now. Yuckk

The first time I tried 4-ho-mipt a little less than 2 years ago I was simply blown away, the music enhancement was out of this world, the euphoria was tangible and the body high was MDMA-like. The last time I tried it at 30mg (a couple months ago) I was severely let down. I was plagued by a mild nausea for most of the trip and was very underwhelmed both visually and aurally. Of course, then I snorted 20-25mg of 4-aco-dmt and the trip become absolutely overwhelming, but I was rather disappointed at how mild the experience was in contrast to the last time. Although, the first time I dosed it, I did 20mg orally and 15mg nasally - maybe I need to dose it nasally next time. Well, I'll report back whenever that happens, but that might not be for awhile since I work 7 days a week for now. Yuckk

First time i tried it i ended up at 50mg orally and not a single thing was happening, decided to plug 20mg and was also blown away, not sure what is going on in my body but oral just seems to be extremely inefficient for me, 4 aco dmt on the other hand works perfectly.

A little confused as to why that is:?

After many 4-ho-mipt trips I decided to mix this with 4-ho-dipt. Bad idea!

I took 10mg of both and mixed it in a capsule which I took orally. Initially I thought this would be on a low side. After 1h30m I felt some 4-ho-dipt, but it kept weak. I decided to add 6mg of both. (So I swallowed a total amount of 16mg 4-ho-mipt with 16mg 4-ho-dipt.)

It was at about 1h50 that I couldn't hardly focus anymore; I wasn't able to read screen text for example. It was one woosh of white and black stripes. I didn't go bad, but was annoyed to be honest. Luckily I had no body load and no nausea. After 30 minutes I thought it would be good to lay down, relax on some music and close my eyes, waiting to the 12mg would pop in too.

The CEVs that I saw where amazing. Not as vivid as 4-aco-dmt and different, but amazing. I saw photographical video pictures of people, like my parents, that were projected like fractals on each other. The introspective side of 4-ho-mipt was too low, but the out of focus, going tunnel, like ketamine, was way too high. I think the CEVs were 4-ho-mipt like but with a strange touch. Further more I think there is a synergestic effect in favor of the 4-ho-dipt in this combo.

I probably will not mix this combo anymore. Not seeing clear felt absolutely disabling. The CEVs where new to me and very interesting, like photographical memory was played through a dia projector, interesting what was coming. But I learned nothing from this trip, except to be more careful with mixing RC's. If you want to try, I advise 8mg of each to start.

Hope someone else will learn from my short report.

Status
Not open for further replies.