View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some experimentation i think im starting to prefer HO MIPT to ACO DMT, i find MIPT much more amusing and entertaining.

I already do like it better. Recently I've been finding 4-aco-dmt like tripping with my mother. There's always a nagging voice in my head pointing out everything I should be doing different, but don't really want to. Like "quit smoking" "be nicer to your coworkers" "don't argue with your boss" "you need to clean up in here." That got old after the first trip like that. After the fourth in like 8 months, I'm putting it away for a long time.

Considering a 4-ho-mipt & MDMA (crystal shard) combo tonight.

Have used both alone (4-ho-mipt in 15 up to 30mg range) and the MDMA only up to around 125mg.

Thoughts? MDMA come up for me is quite long 1-2 hours , while the 4-ho-mipt is über fast regardless of stomach content (half hour max). Both last around the same amount of time once effects kick in.

Current thought is something like

100mg MDMA

And at the 30minute to 1 hour mark 20mg 4-ho-mipt

ROA likely orally by gel cap though I've sniffed before but prefer oral except if I plan to top off / redose later in the trip.

Considering a 4-ho-mipt & MDMA (crystal shard) combo tonight.

Have used both alone (4-ho-mipt in 15 up to 30mg range) and the MDMA only up to around 125mg.

Thoughts? MDMA come up for me is quite long 1-2 hours , while the 4-ho-mipt is über fast regardless of stomach content (half hour max). Both last around the same amount of time once effects kick in.

Current thought is something like

100mg MDMA

And at the 30minute to 1 hour mark 20mg 4-ho-mipt

ROA likely orally by gel cap though I've sniffed before but prefer oral except if I plan to top off / redose later in the trip.

Sounds like a great idea! I always try to time combos so that the drugs peak together. You're plan sounds like a lovely time.

I did a 4HOMET and MDMA combo once. Not the same obviously but perhaps useful info for you:
Normal doses for me are 130mg MDMA and 20mg 4HOMET, seperately.

When combined, I dosed
T0: 115mg MDMA
T+0h45: 8mg 4HOMET
T+1h00: 30mg MDMA
T+1h30: 4mg 4HOMET

It was very good fun, empathogenic euphoria and visuals. There was one moment, I'd say T+1h / T+1h15 where I had to lie down and close my eyes, I guess this was the MDMA kicking in.
It was a great night, but I won't do it again soon. MDMA is nice enough on it's own for me.

*If* I were to do it again, I'd rather do 100mg MDMA followed by 12mg 4HOMET at T+1h15.

Your plan sounds solid, but I'd make sure I can lie down somewhere from T+1h to T+2h, you never know how intense it might get ;)

Also, dose magnesium throughout !

I already do like it better. Recently I've been finding 4-aco-dmt like tripping with my mother. There's always a nagging voice in my head pointing out everything I should be doing different, but don't really want to. Like "quit smoking" "be nicer to your coworkers" "don't argue with your boss" "you need to clean up in here." That got old after the first trip like that. After the fourth in like 8 months, I'm putting it away for a long time.

Whaaaat? That's one of the coolest aspects of 4-AcO-DMT. Great for motivating positive change in your life.

Thanks for the comments. Will be a solo trip so lying down will be no problem. My gf will
Arrive at about the 4-5hr mark so I'll be coming down by then. I love sex while peaking on either when taken alone so a little dissapointed I'll have to wait until comedown but so be it.

Yesterday I finished off a sample of 4-mec (meh stuff , good for sex but not much else) I had been gifted (did roughly 160mg over couple hours yesterday) , will this cause tolerance issues? I can see it targeting some of the same receptors as MDMA but not 4-ho-mipt. Just wondering if maybe I should up the MDMA dose slightly taking into account yesterday's 4-mec experiment.

Also thinking about initially dosing only 15mg of 4-ho-(orally) and have a 10mg rail ready if I'm not where I want to be at about +45min after 4-ho-mipt consumption. I'll post a short summary of my experience afterwards and maybe a detailed trip report if it is mind blowing though I doubt it will be

Only prior experience with this sort of mix was about 6-7 years ago with around 3 E PILLS (which I can pretty confidently say were MDMA/mEth mix) and 1 hit of acid. Decent experience considering set & setting were terrible (edm show followed by house party where me and 1 other were only ones tripping and every1 else was drunk , fight broke out , cops came etc)

Last edited:
@achten I'm pretty much the opposite. 4-ho-mipt alone is very stellar but I find MDMA to be a bit underwhelming. I've only recently discovered pure MDMA whereas all prior experiences were with meth bombs , so I was accustomed to thinking MDMA was a very speedy trip whereas it's a lot more mellow. That being said I'm sure I'll grow to apprciate it more and I'm yet to even take a "full" dose for my size (a site suggests 150mg+50mg top off at 1.5hr , most I've done is 75mg with a 50mg booster 2.5hr in). Hopefully there's some good synergy with this combo.

If I was to combine 4-HO-MIPT & Methylone what the dosages & timing should be?
Had experiences with both on separately. M1 no higher than 180mg and 4-HO-MIPT 22 mg was an intense and amazing trip.
I usually get very intense body load with 4-HO-MIPT alone, would combo make it any easier in this terms?

Had this one again a few days ago, tiny 15mgs orally and it was "oh so nice!". Even though 15mgs plugged where very interesting and nice, i enjoyed this experience much more.

Lovely stuff this is :)

Btw, someone else noticed the extreme impact on ones prostate? I could think of it being because of the strong sexual stimulation, as it was almost painfully good. With plugging i thought it was because of the ROA, but i even had it after taking 4-HO-MiPT orally.

After trying this one at 10mg and then 20mg, with pleasant results I mixed 20mg 4-HO-MiPT with 10mg of 5-MeO-MiPT and found it to be plenty relaxing with amazing visuals, and actually laughed my ass off with some friends. Movies are kind of a benchmark for me, for example, I've seen a particular movie before and watched the actors fight like snakes over a persons... but this time watching the green hills in the background breathing, stretching, and rolling around?! THAT was awesome! The only way it could have been better is if the actors themselves looked out the window and said "Do you see that?", it was so comical that they just didn't see it. That wasn't the only visual but it was definitely at the peak.

But then I tried 33mg of 4-HO-MiPT on it's own, after catching a nice buzz from a strongly mixed drink. This was mistake 1 , but I managed to survive. Mistake 2 was I hadn't had much to eat, and mistake 3 was I was in a public place without a friend. I went to watch a movie and it kicked in once I got inside and the previews started, WOW sensitivity to violence sucks... that's new. I had to pursue some water to prevent dehydration so I missed a bit of the movie, $4 for a bottle of water wtf?

So I got a few cups of water anyway and went back to the movie, I knew I'd never see it like this again. The actors kept appearing like angels saving each other with that beautiful light around them. The music was awesome and things made sense in a way that I forgot by the 2nd time watching it a day or two later, I was so far out there that the ending of the movie caused me to ask/yell WTF? People stared a little. I had to make a clean exit. Luckily I had a room... a suite. The feathers on the shower curtains were definitely moving, I just had to figure out where the projector was, or maybe it was real feathers in between two shower curtain sheets - nope, I turned the light on and it was a printed white feather pattern definitely not moving. But with only the hall light on it moves, and so does the hotel logo. Some sort of magic?

This could have been a bad trip but I refused to let it ruin my day, I took some Ativan to slow down my out of control heart rate and considered going for a walk but decided that without earplugs I was as good as dead out there amongst the common folk. This wasn't Las Vegas after all, this place was more serious! And with the cold weather, any one of them could turn to cannibalism at any moment. My legs felt like they were just going to give out, so walking was definitely out of the question. I have unknown back problems and this leg thing happened once before with 4-HO-MiPT and mixed drinks so I believe it has something to do with the alcohol, maybe that's why people say to stay away from while tripping? The sandwich I had ordered was amazing, but eating it with a head full of this stuff was a bit awkward/messy so I waited another hour or two and just lay on the floor watching the ceiling swirls then rolling over to watch the carpet pattern mingle.

Conclusion. 30mg+ is too much, totally unsocial at that point. 20mg was the sweet spot for me, yet 10mg was also plenty enjoyable. Very nice stuff.

How do the dosages for this one compare to 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET? I'll be trying it for the first time this weekend (other than a couple small allergy tests) and am looking for the rough equivalent of a 20 mg 4-AcO trip.

i canny wait until i finish uni in a couple of months so i can have a great big 4-ho-mipt trip.

I'd say 15mgs 4-HO-MiPT approx.
Thanks! Any other guesses? I don't have that much 4-HO-MiPT, so I'd rather not waste a couple trips figuring out the right dose, but I also don't feel like completely getting my dome crushed. I haven't tripped that much lately and need to get my sea legs back.

Everything below 15mgs is not enough to "get your dome crushed" i think. I had a somewhat dissapointing experience with 13mgs orally while 15mgs where totally awesome.

Otherwise plug 10mgs, which should be also sufficient because of the higher bioavailability of that ROA.

My last trip was a combination of 4-HO-DiPT and 4-HO-MiPT, 20mg each orally. I've written a trip report on erowid, not sure yet if people can post links to erowid (been on forums were noobs can't post to external sites before so forgive my apprehension). I've not taken either seperately but from what I understand about the MiPT side, it was what caused the bodily tremors and erotic like feelings. Kind of like rushes of energy which curl your toes, probably making you look like you're having an orgasm...
Definitely will be trying it on it's own at some point.
If you're thinking wtf that's a lot dose wise, it really was a mindblowingly intense trip but not too over the top. I never felt I was losing it. There were times I was lying on the bed listening to music with my eyes closed and I started to drift from my body but I opened my eyes and was completely back to myself, back to reality in a sense although the visuals were ridiculous compared to what I'd experienced before (which isn't much, I'm a noob). It lasted like 6 hours for the trip to end but after the first 3 or 4 I was back to the usual tripping and being able to walk around and talk and stuff which when the tremors are happening is more difficult than usual and makes the tripping noticeable to others that something isn't right with you.
As for not just letting myself go and opening my eyes, I'm still relatively new to PDs and wasn't ready to reach that level yet.

Edit: I might be confusing the DiPT and the MiPT...

My last trip was a combination of 4-HO-DiPT and 4-HO-MiPT, 20mg each orally. I've written a trip report on erowid, not sure yet if people can post links to erowid (been on forums were noobs can't post to external sites before so forgive my apprehension). I've not taken either seperately but from what I understand about the MiPT side, it was what caused the bodily tremors and erotic like feelings. Kind of like rushes of energy which curl your toes, probably making you look like you're having an orgasm...
Definitely will be trying it on it's own at some point.
If you're thinking wtf that's a lot dose wise, it really was a mindblowingly intense trip but not too over the top. I never felt I was losing it. There were times I was lying on the bed listening to music with my eyes closed and I started to drift from my body but I opened my eyes and was completely back to myself, back to reality in a sense although the visuals were ridiculous compared to what I'd experienced before (which isn't much, I'm a noob). It lasted like 6 hours for the trip to end but after the first 3 or 4 I was back to the usual tripping and being able to walk around and talk and stuff which when the tremors are happening is more difficult than usual and makes the tripping noticeable to others that something isn't right with you.
As for not just letting myself go and opening my eyes, I'm still relatively new to PDs and wasn't ready to reach that level yet.

Edit: I might be confusing the DiPT and the MiPT...

Yes, you can link to erowid.

for the experience reports in TiHKAL, why doesn't Shulgin indicate if the dosages were with the HCl salt or the fumarate salt?
for 4-HO-MiPT, he does say when it was the acetate ester (is that 4-AcO?)

he lists the dosage as 12-25 mg (as the indolol or the acetate)
what the heck is the indolol? is that the same as "freebase?"
i would think that the difference in weight would be substantial, so that he should list two different dose ranges, one for each form.

man! i guess i'm really confused as to what all those terms mean.
at the end of one paragraph of the extensions and commentary he wrote
"In all of these studies, the acetate is the ester [i think this means it's 4-AcO], and some of these are the free bases, some are the hydrochloride salts and some are the fumarate salts."

what the hell Shulgin?! then why didn't you say which was which?

can anyone please help me out here? i'd really appreciate it.

in essence, i'd like to know what 12-25 mg of the indolol or the acetate means for the fumarate. i know there is that handy dosage chart around here, but i don't think that really answers my curiosity. thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.