• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

Honestly, i've never tried an extraction on hbwr. I find that chewing them is enough to get it going. If you've got herb, go for it then, because it'll get rid of the nausea. But don't go overboard on either, as it's a rough trip if you do too much of one.

Also, have you tried making a tea bag for it? i did that once with heavenly blue and got alright results.

Any way to extract pure LSA powder ?
I guess one would have to perform a simple alcohol extraction at first and then work from the obtained doughy extract.
What would be the procedure ? Would a classic acid base extraction work ? ...meaning using diluted HCl to form an acidic solution from the above residue, then wash the solution with non polar solvant (dichloromethane) , and then basifying with NaOH and extracting with dichloromathane....and tartric acid in the last step to convert the freebase into tartrate...

One has to be specific with what they intend to extract. A basic alkaloid exraction is fairly easy to do. But seperating LA-111 (d-lysergic acid amide, ergine) from the rest of the LSAs is quite tricky. And then one would have to wonder why someone would want to. LA-111 is not particularly psychedelic, and it is not responsible for the full action of the seeds. It is the combination of all alkaloids present (such as ergonovine and d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide) that give the seeds their activity.

yeah my point was to learn how to extract LSA's in form of a pure powder (no need to separate the LA-111 from the ergonovine and d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide)
Possibly extracting these LSA's in the form of tartrates (all mixed)

Can you describe the exact procedure? (from personal experience?)
Or maybe some link describing the procedure in details ?

Last edited:
This thread has brought back my interest for the use of morning glories, as I have only had one good trip off of em. So if I use a coffee grinder and grind them up, soak them in water for 6 hours, then filter, it ill produce good effects. perhaps would more LSA's be extracted if you re-soak the mush to produce more water? Would using alcohol in this same way have any advantages over using water?

come on people!
Please some help with the chemistry procedure for extracting pure LSA's
:)

what about if youre getting packaged seeds that are treated with pesticides or something. Will the water extraction thing get rid of those, or will you have to wash them in something first. If you have to wash them, what should you do it with, just pure water, or shoudl you add some detergent in there or something.

yeh, scrap the fine seeds coating and then wash the seeds with hot water.
Then crush the seeds and extract with drinkable alcohol or water (I prefer alcohol which is better especially if your purpose is to evaporate it to get an extract)
Honestly I suggest you get non-treated seeds so there's no pesticides on them (seeds sold by online smartshops use to be untreated) ...any way the pesticide quantity isn't that bad so a few occasional use of treated seeds won't be that harmful (as long as you scrap the coating and wash them). Of course some people will say to get rid of pesticide using a non polar solvant but honestly I don't think this is indispensable (and if you choose to do so make damn sure you evaporated all the non-polar solvant before extracting the seeds with the alcohol)
Note that evaporating the (drinkable!!!) alcohol to get an extract gets ride of some side effects (no nausea) but also produce some loss in potency...I use to evaporate it as I can't stand the fucking nausea.

What do you mean scrap the coating? Like scrape the shells off. Wouldnt that be insanely hard considering how small the seeds are? Or do you mean jsut scrub the whole pile with a brush or something.

And so if I use the alcohol, and then evaporate the alcohol, ill be left with a small mass of high potency?

You can't remove pesticides by scraping the coating. Considering how cheap they are online, compared to buying them in store, I'd suggest simply avoiding the ones that may contain pesticides or fungicides all together.

Just wondering if anyone can quantify the effect on the comeup time of consuming extract vs. ground up hbwr seeds?

Personally the nausia is no issue to me, spew, get it over and done with - dont fuck around 'oh i'm so sick i'm gonna die' - so those fingers? shove them down your throat and pull them back in time so you dont throw up on your hand ;)

But if the extraction speeds the painfully slow comeup then it might be worth a go.

note - I posted this before, but then got a database error - so sorry if this ends up being a double post!

With both heavenly blue and baby woodrose, I find it takes a good three hours to reach a peak. And it often takes five hours until the full visionary properties begin. And this is regardless of whether it is taken as an extract, or the whole (but ground) seed is consumed. Lysergic acid amides are a long, slow, gentle trip.

Bah. I have a shitload of packaged seeds, I didnt pay for them though. About 30 packages, with about 2.5 grams each. No where on the packages does it mention pesticides or anything. Should I jsut assume they dont, grind em up and do the water deal?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, that's up to you. Do you want to eat them, or drink them? It may be best for you to do the research as to the positives and negatives of both methods, and then make your own informed decision based on what you find out. When it comes to a psychedelic drug, especially one that can make you very sick to your stomach, you really want to be the one in charge with what happens and what you put into your body.

morninggloryseed, according to your nickname you're probably the one who might answer my (never-answered) question...I hope so:

Any way to extract LSA's in the form of a pure powder ?

note: no need to separate the LA-111 from the ergonovine and d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide), possibly extracting the LSA's in the form of tartrates (all mixed)

What would be the procedure ? Would a classic acid base extraction work ?

I guess one would have to perform a simple alcohol extraction at first and then work from the obtained doughy extract...meaning using diluted HCl to form an acidic solution from the above residue, then wash the solution with non polar solvant (dichloromethane) , and then basifying with NaOH and extracting with dichloromathane....and tartric acid in the last step to convert the freebase alkaloids into tartrate.

Anyone with experience of such an extraction? Can you describe the exact procedure? Any links to a detailed reciepe?

Yes, it is quite possible. It would be a labor-intensive job, and would require several pounds of seeds. I've never attempted it myself, so I have no first-hand experience. I personally do not think it would be worth the effort or cost, but if you have access to a ton of seeds and a bit of spare time, it could make for an interesting experiement.

Yeah, where's the pretty pictures of purified LSA crystals like you can't find for mescaline, DMT, and salvinorin A!

While it seems theoretically possible, no one appears to have done it.

well let's say I can access 30g hbwr for cheap...I don't know exactly how much seeds this is, but this is a lot for sure (assuming that 12 seed is a good dose).
Maybe I'm going through the chemistry procedure, I dunno.

fastandbulbous said:
1) Tartaric acid is easy to obtain as it is used in food and winemaking

Would using Cream of Tartar work like tartaric acid? To avoid confusion, know I mean a Tartaric salt, obtained through reacting tartaric acid with NaOH. Supposedly it has only been half reacted, or something, nothing my shitty chemistry knowledge will allow me to understand.

Hmmm... maybe i'll try reacting it with some baking soda and see if its still acidic... still, you'r imput would be helpful. http://www.ochef.com/933.htm

Edit: cream of tartar does react with baking soda, and upon further thought, it must have been what you were talking about in the first place

Last edited:
Man, this shit tastes just as bad as I remember. That morning glory water is unbearable. So what would soaking in alcohol, filtering, then evaporating the alcohol give me? Some mushy stuff that still tastes like shit? Is there any way to avoid that taste.

And do HBWR taste as bad as morning glory, is it as hard to get them down.