• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

Ingestion of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds

I have been reading far and wide about the methods of ingestion for these little babies and was almost going to do a simple chew up and swallow method but I don't like the sound of being nauseous.

I read the sublingual method of chewing them into a pulp and holding the pulp under your lip for 25mins or so before spitting it out but I only have 5 seeds to ingest and from what was described, this method makes the effects less potent.

I read in a trip report (cannot remember whether it was here or erowid) where someone crushed up the seeds and put them in water, shaked it all about then drank the water including the fragments. It supposedly tasted like pond scum but thats cool. They did still feel some nausea on the coming up of the trip though.

My thought is, could it work if you crush them up very finely and add a small amount of water to make a paste then place this paste in a bottle of water. Put the cap on and shake it all around and let it sit and soak for a few days with a shake here and there. What I was hoping was if you drank the water without the particles, and the water had soaked up enough of the goodies, you wouldn't get any nausea and you should get close to the effects if you were to swallow the seeds alone.

What do people think? I might give this a go and let it soak a couple of days.

From what I hear, some of the chemicals in tap water can fuck with LSA and make it worthless. Personally, I've tried HBWR seeds a few times with absolutely no results (all from the same batch). I tried upwards of 15 seeds which is supposed to be way too much, but I didn't even get sick or anything. If you ask me, go for morning glories of the heavenly blue variety; they've yet to let me down and they're cheap enough that isopropyl alcohol extractions are worth their time completely.

It's Actually weird because I've Done HBWR seeds and NEVER gotten sick! (from about 5 different batches total)...The most I've ever taken at once was about 12 and I didnt feel ANY sickness at all (It was a REALLY great trip btw) So I don't think that everyone reacts the same to the seeds. I suggest just experamenting with them on low doses to see if in fact you are 'one of the people' who gets sick off of them, because there is a possibility that they might not react badly with your body. (Mine were pre crushed into a fine powder and placed in a bottle of purified water btw) but be careful because I know a lot of people who 'did' get the sickness and they refuse to try the seeds again because of their experience and They are now doing hand fulls of Morning Glory's Blehhh :p Good Luck :)

Hmmmm....okay, thanks for the help.

I'll definately keep my little baby hawaiians away from the tap water.

I think I'll just try one chewed up and swallowed to start off with and if that doesn't make me sick an hour later I'll do the other 4.

Looking foreward to this, I always enjoy natural drugs more than drugs created in a lab. I can't describe it, they don't have that dirty feeling to them. Does anyone else find this?

Hmm, I always use some fresh ginger before a compound which can induce nauseau.
No idea if it really works wonders, but never change a winning team I guess. I never experienced any nauseau either.

Smoke a little bit of weed to prevent nausea and to strengthen your trip.

I've bever tried HBWR seeds but I've tried Morning Glory Seeds twice and I have to say that it sucked pretty hard twice. I ate about 200 seeds each time and chugged a shitload of peptobismal and still had severe nausea for quite a while and pretty marginal visuals. The most noticeable effect was the increased speed at which my thoughts were being processed. Talking was really frustrating as I would go off on all sorts of tangents and my mouth couldn't really keep up with my mind. I think there are a few extraction methods on erowid that would reduce the nausea but I've never tried any of them.

My tips for reducing nausea:

1. Grind the seeds and put them in gelcaps. This is a big help.
2. Dose gradually, over a period of 60 minutes or so.
3. Eat a light meal while coming up (30-60 minutes after dosing)
4. Smoke some weed (this will also greatly improve your trip)
5. Be calm and optimistic! Psycho-somatic effects are always a factor.

Raw seeds seem to irritate the stomach and induce vomiting. The best way to absorb HBWR seeds is through the intestine. Using gelcaps and having something to eat will help force the seeds out of your stomach, and further down your digestive tract. The food will also act as ballast to settle your stomach, and if the worst happens, at least you won't be dry-heaving.

Some people swear by the cold water extraction method, but I've always found it disappointing. You lose a lot of LSA that way, and the trip always leaves me sleepy and sedated (whereas whole seeds make me energised and euphoric). If you do choose this route, use distilled (or repeatedly boiled) water, no warmer than room temperature. And don't soak the seeds longer than 20 minutes, or you may extract too many toxins. I know this from the LSA vodka I once made ... steeped it for 7 days, got a real kick from it, but it still made me nauseous.

Finally, good luck ... nausea-free LSA trips are seriously good!

Oops, forgot to mention ... scrape the seeds clean! They should be perfectly smooth when you grind them.

And don't get too much of that fuzzy crap on your fingers. That shit once made me nauseaous through my PORES! I now use a plastic bag to hold the seeds during scraping.

Osbie Feel said:
Some people swear by the cold water extraction method, but I've always found it disappointing. You lose a lot of LSA that way, and the trip always leaves me sleepy and sedated (whereas whole seeds make me energised and euphoric).

This is my experience as well. I totally agree.

Water extracts are more narcotic/sedating in nature, and less psychedelic. I have a feeling that not all of the LSAs in the seed are water soluble, and thus a different ratio of alkaloids end up in water extracts of the seed which produces a different trip.

While d-lysergic acid amide (ergine, LA-111, lysergamide) and d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (the closest thing to LSD known to occur in nature) are the main active alkaloids in the seed, there is no doubt the the other LSAs present (around a half-dozen total) play some synergestic role in the type of trip the seed produces.

And these other alkaloids might not be as water soluble as LA-111. In fact, they might not be water soluble at all. Most alkaloids aren't until they are converted into a salt. And if these other amides of lysergic acid found in the seed don't make it into water extracts, it would make sense that water extracts would feel different compared to the whole seed.

LA-111 is highly water soluble but it is also highly sedating, according to A. Hofmann who experimented with it after discovering LSD. I'll bet if you did GC/MS on the whole seed, and one on a water extract of the seeds, you would find higher amounts of LA-111 in the extract than in the whole seed. And I'll bet you would find alkaloids in the whole seed that didn't make it into the water extract. That's why I feel the extracts are so much more sedating.

This is based on many, many personal experiments of mine, and those in my "circle," with both the whole seed, simple water extracts, and extracts using polar and non-polar solvents.

While in Mexico, a "tea" is the traditional method of consuming the magic morning glory seeds (which have similar alkaloids to baby woodrose seeds) by the local shamans, I find the eating the whole seed much more profound and rewarding. I usually vomit after an hour or so of the seeds sitting in my tummy, and that relieves the nausea and I still trip very hard. And really, the nausea isn't much worse than 2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, and though I've not tried either, I'll bet it isn't much worse than peyote or ayahuasca either. I've always just considered the sickness a "gate" one mast pass through to trip on the seeds, which I find to be a fantastic and valuable psychedelic.

Osbie Feel said:
Oops, forgot to mention ... scrape the seeds clean! They should be perfectly smooth when you grind them.

And don't get too much of that fuzzy crap on your fingers. That shit once made me nauseaous through my PORES! I now use a plastic bag to hold the seeds during scraping.

There is nothing in the seed coat that makes you sick. That is a myth. The sickness is caused by glycosides found inside the seed. I've eaten seeds scraped and not scraped and there is no difference what-so-ever in the degree of sickness produced.

Real_Illusion said:
umm....I'm sure some people have tried LSA extraction on here before

*waits for answers*

i tried an extraction following the recipie on erowid. it smelled really foul and i couldnt even get most of it down. i drank it with the alchohol and spat half of it out once it got in my mouth. i made the extraction with about 500 seeds, and gave half of it to my friend. i got probably a 150 seed dose and i felt a little bit of a narcotic effect. not really much on the psychedelic side.

Skrilla said:
I would agree that using Naptha for LSA extraction is probably a bad idea, if it's true that it can affect the LSA (destroy some of it or whatever) - and that seems to be true, because when I have used Naptha it hasn't worked.
HOWEVER, I disagree with that MGS said about naptha leaving a residue. I've used Ronsonol naptha for cleaning the waxes/tannins out of salvia extract MANY times with excellent success. It leaves absolutely no residue - I've even evaporated a large pool of it by itself and it leaves nothing to speak of. No oil taste, no visible residue, nothing. I've also used it for extracting DMT from mimosa hostilis, and it worked GREAT for that, providing excellent yields, and again leaving no residue.
So I just wanted to make the point that I don't think people should be so quick to throw out the possibility of using naptha for ANYTHING - it can be quite useful for several types of extractions, especially extracting DMT and cleaning waxes/tannins out of salvia.
Of course for the topic of this post, LSA extraction, I do agree that using naptha probably isn't a great idea.
Just my $.02

DUDE! The HBWR seed on your avatar looks like some tribal indian dude from hawaii!!!!! Whoah 8o

ChemicalBro said:
I don't understand the reason for the petroleum ether mentioned in the FAQ on erowid. The author says the effects can be felt almost immediately if the finished extract (an alcohol solution) is held in the mouth, which is why he claims that extraction method is good. Can anybody explain this or if other extracts could be felt immediately?

The theory behind this is that ethyl alcohol begins absorption as soon as you put it into your mouth. I guess a more accurate way to put it is that the LSA would immediately "begin to take effect" or begin the process starting with the comeup sooner.

LSA water extraction

hey i know this may have been asked many times, but i was wondering how cold does the water have to be for a cold water extraction, and why cold? just doesnt make sense to my mind. anyway i couldnt find out... or maybe wasnt searching enough as to how long you have to leave the seed mush in the water before filtering the mush, and how long can u leave the water+extract before it goes bad.... im thinking f making one a couple days before a party.... o btw im using ipomea tricolor not HBWR

yeah im interested in the extraction process also, i was wondering how to do an alcohol extraction and cold water extraction, i think ive posted about the cold water already, but im not sure about alcohol extraction, any info anyone?

From my own experiences using different extractions I have had less nausea but the trip wasnt as intense. The best way that I remember was grinding the seeds up and putting it in distilled water shaking every few hours for a days. Then taking the mush and putting it in everclear shaking periodically then letting it dry out in the oven (no the oven wasnt on :p)

Since those attempts I have just decided that I will no longer do any more extractions because it didnt seem worth my time or effort.

Lsa

IF your going extract LSA you have to remember a few things. LSA is simliar to LSD except LSD is 200 times more potent. ALSO WHEN YOU ARE EVAPORATING THE PETORLEM ETHER MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS SLOWLY. LSA will break down if its exposed to HEAT and LIGHT. Make sure you evaporate the LSA out of the sun and in a cool dark place. Placing fan blowing lightly over the evaporating petrolem ether will help keep it cool it will take longer but will help prevent LSA from breaking down. Also if you do not consume the LSA right after its finished make sure you store in cool dark place..

Another way to do LSA is what most indians did. The problem with this method is some people become nausea i have done this method several times and I am impressed with the resaults. However i have VERY strong stomach and never get sick off stuf I eat or drugs.

Cold Water Method

1. Grind your seeds to powder
2. Poor powder into jar with a lid.
3. Add cold water with ICE make sure its very cold(helps prevent LSA from breaking down)
3. Shake vigorously for a few minutes let the seed powder soak in the water for 2-3 hours. The longer the better make sure you keep the jar in a cool place.
4. Drink all the water but not the seed powder

This works well i never get sick. I still get a nice trip. However the first hour is bit painful. I had alitlte bit of head ache. But by the second hour i was fine and getting some really good visuals. I used 5 packs of morning glory

Aiten, just wondering, what will 4g do to me? its gonna be my second time soon, and i did somewhere around 2-3 g, where 2g was the cold water method and ingested 1g by eating them. which gave me a bad stomach pain, but it was okay. anyway i love the nutty flavour. hahaha