• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [LSA's Subthread] Extraction of LSA's

I don't understand the reason for the petroleum ether mentioned in the FAQ on erowid. The author says the effects can be felt almost immediately if the finished extract (an alcohol solution) is held in the mouth, which is why he claims that extraction method is good. Can anybody explain this or if other extracts could be felt immediately?

^^^^^^^^^^

I think that report is BS. Even when people IV phenethylamines (most of which take several hours to peak when eaten), they take a good hour to really hit. Putting LSAa under the tongue is not going to result in an "instant trip." Don't believe everything you read on the net. I think this was also the same clown that wrote you could make a psychedelic "wine" from the flowers.

Mnx4 said:
If you can extract the good LSA stuff from the seeds with a polar solvent, such as alcohol or water, then it won't and can't extract the poison because it's nonpolar!

How long do you let sit in the water until all LSA is extracted?

Has anyone tried a butane extraction similar to what they do to make thc butane honey oil? i think colobri is the best type to use, and has no/little residue after a mirror test.

What about using an enema for Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds? Has anyone here tried it? How's it done and how are the effects, etc?

Oh, and does enema mean those things with a tube, etc. or more like a simple suppository?

Last edited:
Hi !
I' ve tried to extract LSA from morning glory (heavy dose=30 gram) or hawaian baby woodrose (heavy dose=16 seeds) using naphta (white spirit ) as non-polar solvant (100 mL) : the use of "white spirit" did significantly decrease the potency of the LSA . I think white spirit might be a non polar but also slightly polar solvant so it does disolve some of the lsa. Don' t use naphta. If you really want to get rid of the nausea producing component of the seeds, it' s much more suitable to use some petroleum ether. But personally, I don' t even do this, I'm just used to perform a simple alcohol extraction of the seed (without any previous purification), when the alcohol is evaporated, this should leave you with a yellow-brown residue producing very little to zero nausea.
Also : don' t use a induction heating stove for evaporating the alcohol, I'm not sure, but induction seem to destroy a great part of the active substances.
have fun !

Last edited:
So what you mean is that the nausea producing substances will bind to the alcohol and evaporate together with it?

"But personally, I don' t even do this, I'm just used to perform a simple alcohol extraction of the seed (without any previous purification), when the alcohol is evaporated, this should leave you with a yellow-brown residue producing very little to zero nausea."

Well, it's hard to find any alcohol over 150 proof. Could 80 proof vodka work good? What about rubbing alcohol? How long does the alcohol usually take to evaporate? Roughly how many pills will the residue be filling?

to anjatalker :
no, the nausea producing substance will be disolved by the non polar solvant (petroleum ether or naphta) wich is discarded after filtration.
Then, the polar solvant (alcohol) will extract the LSA from the seeds, it will live a brownish residue when evaporated : this residue is the lsa.
Go to www.erowid.org for detailed recipe or other information : everything is on erowid

Last edited:
how hard is it to scrape off the residue? how long does it take for the alcohol to evaporate? how much alcohol should I use for 350-400 seeds? how many gelcaps will I need for all the residue?

Q:
How well would DCM work in place of naptha? It is non-polar, very attainable and clean.

IMO It should still dissolve the non polar substance and "wash" it from the seed.

I would agree that using Naptha for LSA extraction is probably a bad idea, if it's true that it can affect the LSA (destroy some of it or whatever) - and that seems to be true, because when I have used Naptha it hasn't worked.
HOWEVER, I disagree with that MGS said about naptha leaving a residue. I've used Ronsonol naptha for cleaning the waxes/tannins out of salvia extract MANY times with excellent success. It leaves absolutely no residue - I've even evaporated a large pool of it by itself and it leaves nothing to speak of. No oil taste, no visible residue, nothing. I've also used it for extracting DMT from mimosa hostilis, and it worked GREAT for that, providing excellent yields, and again leaving no residue.
So I just wanted to make the point that I don't think people should be so quick to throw out the possibility of using naptha for ANYTHING - it can be quite useful for several types of extractions, especially extracting DMT and cleaning waxes/tannins out of salvia.
Of course for the topic of this post, LSA extraction, I do agree that using naptha probably isn't a great idea.
Just my $.02

LSA extraction.. a few new

Please have patience with the below; I've indeed UdTFSE, but am looking for slightly different info than what's already been clarified..

Anyway - before reading here, I'd just prepared a junk mixture of 600ish ground HB morning glory seeds with standard tin can lighter fluid. Yes, I'm to throw it out and use another method after reading here; since there's no proper list to identify Benzene or other horrific(s) on the vague ingredient list (let alone veteran warning even against the potentially "cleaner" Naptha brand)

Water sounds like a really lame extraction method; and I at least want to have some fun with a relatively potent, alcohol process method. But.. I haven't a fucking clue even of terms such as gain alcohol and everclear :\

So how's this.. I have a 26 of Parrot Bay 40%, and plan to get new seeds tommorrow. What does that do for me in a potential process? As well - how finely ground do the seeds realistically have to be for a respectable extraction? Staring at the toilet bound mixture of old; there's a lowering cloudy bulk of the solution - then a really thin strip of this brownish junk, and the remaining seed clump at the bottom (realistically not a powder muck, a fine ground bird seed look is as best as I could get)

thanks

Re: LSA extraction.. a few new

Frustrated said:
I've indeed UdTFSE,

hehe, I know where you've bee.n ;)

Anyway - before reading here, I'd just prepared a junk mixture of 600ish ground HB morning glory seeds

Ok... do you know what kind of seeds you have? Arethey Hawaiian Baby woodrose or Morning Glory seeds? just thought I'd point this out since yousay "HB morning glory."

But.. I haven't a fucking clue even of terms such as gain alcohol and everclear :\

Everclear is grain alcohol, and so is Vodka, beer, and rum. It really doesn't matter - what is meant here that you need Ethyl Alcohol - and that is the alcohol found in all drinks, the difference is just the concentration.

So how's this.. I have a 26 of Parrot Bay 40%, and plan to get new seeds tommorrow. What does that do for me in a potential process? As well - how finely ground do the seeds realistically have to be for a respectable extraction? Staring at the toilet bound mixture of old; there's a lowering cloudy bulk of the solution - then a really thin strip of this brownish junk, and the remaining seed clump at the bottom (realistically not a powder muck, a fine ground bird seed look is as best as I could get)

I can't help much here, because I am not sure about LSA's sollubility in Ethyl Alcohol. However, if what you mention is 40% alcohol, I would assume that the 60% left is water, and that should (poorly) extract what the alcohol failed (if it did).

Hope that helped :\

Heavenly Blues.. umm so, the alcohol does a poorer job than water in a one stage extraction? Is it only useful for the two step straining method with petroleum?