• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

nasal spray possibility?

oradell218

Greenlighter
has anyone ever heard of melting down certain types of painkillers, mixing with saline and then route of administration would be through a nosespray container?? would this be possible with any of these opiates, 30 mg morphine sulfate, codiene/promethazine, methadone, or oxycodone 5 mg.

This might be possible, although the "melting down" part proabably isn't a good idea.

when i say melting down i mean crushing up, mixing with water in a spoon and heating till dissolved...are you saying this would be a bad idea? ive never tried and i deffinantly dont want to ruin any of these.

Putting drugs in a nasal spray is a very efficient way to take drugs.
When you take drugs with a nasal spray, the effects are stronger and kick in faster than snorted as powder.

I have a very small nasal spray (maybe 10ml); and when I want to take something nasally, I prepare a few doses of drugs in a few ml of sterile water, I filter through cotton, with a syringe (just like if I was going to shoot it), and I empty the syringe in the emptied nasal spray.

A filtered substance, dissolved in water will hit you faster than snorting powder. And it will cause less damages to your nose.

And don't heat if it's not necessary!!
You don't need to heat Methadone, Oxycodone or Codeine. Maybe Morphine a little bit, depending on what kind of Morphine pills you have.

thanks a lot for the info. im going to try it with some dolophin (10 mg methadone), do you have any suggestions on ration of ml to mg i should use??

oradell218 said:
thanks a lot for the info. im going to try it with some dolophin (10 mg methadone), do you have any suggestions on ration of ml to mg i should use??

Always use the minimum water you can.
Because spraying too much water in your nose can be unpleasant.
SO: just enough to dissolve the drug.

Last edited:
jasoncrest said:
I prepare a few doses of drugs in a few ml of sterile water, I filter through cotton, with a syringe (just like if I was going to shoot it), and I empty the syringe in the emptied nasal spray.QUOTE]

Please dont read this as me being pendantic I am more just curious but wouldn't cotton be a bad choice for filtering solutions in preperation for injecting?

no not at all, thats what the majority of IV drug users use....gotta use the tools at your disposable bro

i have done this with BTH, i out a few doses into water and then into the nasal sprayer. good MOA, started with couple of squirts and redosed as needed to achieve desired effect.

taitpeter said:
no not at all, thats what the majority of IV drug users use....gotta use the tools at your disposable bro

Yeah & IV users are noted for their strict adherence to harm reduction techniques. Just because a lot of people use it doesn't mean it's safe. I personally feel that if you're going to administer anything via the needle (be it IM or IV or even SC), you need to get a micron filter to prepare solns that are free from bacteria & particulate matter. Considering the cost of the drugs being taken (a sight more than the cost of the micron filters), not shelling out a couple of quid for a pack of a pair of micron filters indicates a complete lack of interest in personal safety.

Works for just about any water soluble drug - anything with a water soluble salt can be administered via a nasal spray (stimulants, opiates, psychedelics, depressants etc). It's the absorbtion of the solution via the mucous membranes that determines efficiency. Drugs with vasoconstrictor activity (cocaine, amphetamine) are the ones that do most of the damage to the nasal mucosa - the next big bogey-man (is there a pun in there? =D) is the pH of the solution & it's ability to irritate said delicate little tissues; things like ketamine that have a pH (~ pH5.3 if I remember correctly) a long way from physiological conditions can be somewhat irritating to the poor sensitive membranes.

In that context, opiates are fairly benign, although the histamine release caused by some (phenanthrene derivatives like morphine & heroin) can make for it being a bit of a less than perfect route of administration...

So I finally got around to trying this and it worked pretty well. I have one question if anyone can answer it (i'm looking at you f n' b): when I did it I only used half of what I would normally do but still felt pretty good, any particular reason for this?

(Using heroin btw.)

Are you sure you guys dont mean units not ML? I can't imagine trying to absorm Ml of water. Also what sorta nasal spray do you use. The kind I have does not open (saline nasal spray) so you can fill it.

Can you use micron Filters more than once? I can get some at work, also they are 0.45 and 0.25 I believe and smaller, what do you think is better? Anyone know of any typesof bottles that can get unscrewed for sure? Im almost positive Afrin does not.

Why would this help with methadone, its no better orally than Nasally I thouht, plus it would not last as long?

I believe there is a hydromorphone nasal spray in I think Canada?

I don't know what this is suppose to mean but sounds cool none the less!

Beenhead said:
Can you use micron Filters more than once? I can get some at work, also they are 0.45 and 0.25 I believe and smaller, what do you think is better? Anyone know of any typesof bottles that can get unscrewed for sure? Im almost positive Afrin does not.

Why would this help with methadone, its no better orally than Nasally I thouht, plus it would not last as long?

for aqueous based injection you really want to go with a .22

you can use them multiple times, but it depends on the application, what is being filtered, and how much is being filtered and assessing if the filter is "fried"

relatively clean solutions you can securely do 100ml of filtering, probably more

Does anyone know if the increased effects that I felt were actual or if it was just a placebo effect. (See above post for more specifics..)

All of you people using H in this... don't forget that H degrades into morphine if kept in water for a long time...

Other than that, I've done this numerous times with Ketamine, and it works very, very well.