• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

nasal spray possibility?

^ It only becomes morphine after quite a while; the quick hydrolysis is to 6-monoacetylmorphine

So I finally got around to trying this and it worked pretty well. I have one question if anyone can answer it (i'm looking at you f n' b): when I did it I only used half of what I would normally do but still felt pretty good, any particular reason for this?

Because it all gets absorbed via the mucous membrane in the nose. With a dry powder, a fair bit can either fall out of the nose or (more likely) end up in the stomach. The first is obviously a total waste and only 30% of that swallowed will get past the liver (1st pass metabolism)

Nasal sprays to abuse drugs - the appliance of science! =D

What are some good brand names for nasal sprays, most don't open or unscrew

Link looks sketchy, dont want to download it can someone copy and paste it or something or is it available as html

How about dissolving amphetamine or ketamine in a nasal spray?

Do either of those compounds degrade in water?

Do any studies show that a nasal spray would be more effective than simply taking the powder intranasally?

my only question to all of the responses here is this:

what i dont understand is the correct ratio of the water and "XXX" susbtance.

what if you put some H for example. u put a too much H compared to the amount of water in there, and u take a spray, and that one spray had (hypotheically speaking) double or triple of what youd normaly take for a single dose. not to say youd OD or anything, but how do u make sure your not putting too much in the water to where each spray has more than youd want in a hit?

SoulSeeker said:
Do any studies show that a nasal spray would be more effective than simply taking the powder intranasally?

yeah cuz thats a question thats likely to get funding...;)

Well, not in that exact form, but with the number of nasal sprays on the market today, I'm sure it's been looked into.

SoulSeeker said:

Less irritating as it's already in solution (powder cause very high local concentrations on the mucous membrane) and therefore less damaging (even in terms of drugs with vasoconstrictor activity). There's a medicinal form of butorphanol that's administered as a nasal spray (as well as the sublingual spray for Savitex - the medicinal THC product).

All in all, far better than snorting

^ Sort of, they have a similar molecular skeleton, but levorphanol is a mu agonist whereas butorphanol is a mixed agonist/antagonist (say like buprenorphine)

Thats pretty interesting, is it used in addiction treatment?

I have tried Levorphanol many times and I thought it was the best opiate ive ever done, and it could easily be used in a similar way to methadone, except it was less sedating and produced absolutely no nausea what so ever.

saucy2040 said:
my only question to all of the responses here is this:

what i dont understand is the correct ratio of the water and "XXX" susbtance.

what if you put some H for example. u put a too much H compared to the amount of water in there, and u take a spray, and that one spray had (hypotheically speaking) double or triple of what youd normaly take for a single dose. not to say youd OD or anything, but how do u make sure your not putting too much in the water to where each spray has more than youd want in a hit?

if you know how much your normally snort, add this much into an amount of water equal to about 10 sprays. then titrate your dose upwards until you find what works, going slowly! ie, no more than 2-3 sprays per hour. remember, it should be more absorbable this way, so dont think your normal dose can be taken all at once.