Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative said:
Well . . . hardcore really isn't my steez . . . but lets see here . . .

. . . .the drums are kind of getting to me, in a bad way, making me feel paranoid . . . they've been done well on a technical level . . . but like I said, this just isn't my steez . . . I DO really dig that breakdown about one minute in . . . is that throaty tribal drum sample from Encino Man? . . . I really like that metallic synth, too, I just wish it was on a 4/4 pounding techno track a bit slower, 140 maybe . . . but again, just personal preference there . . . are there really this few changeups in the meat or body of a track like this in hardcore? Overall, I think this was mixed alright . . . I personally would have doubled up on the kick drums, give it a little more 'ooommph,' espECIALly with a this style . . . I think you may wanna go through the track and EQ everything . . . separate the frequencies, get every little sound out to the forefront which, I assume it is, at least to an extent . . .

. . . on the whole, for the style, I think it works . . . great throaty rhythm sample . . , pretty decent general separation of sound and whatnot right now, but it could be done a bit better, sharpen up your hats/cymbols, make those kicks deeper/more powerful and bring that deep gritty keyline to the forefront mang. :)

Thaddeus

x2

This is an old freestyle rap I did over one of my boy dok's weird, abstract hip hop beats (hip hop isn't his thing, he's all junglist . . . lol) . . . he wrote the beat, I freestyled and did the after work on it, what little there was . . .

This is what gin, klonopin, weed and oxy do to me . . .

neg freestyle on dok beat

LoFi Play
HiFi Play
Download

physix said:
Dirt Deep

there you go, folks.

nice li'l tracky number for ya.

enjoy.

i like the effects on the vocals a lot. i kept wanting the drum programming (not the kick, but the higher frequency stuff) to change up more. i think the first change up occurred around 2:50min and then it went right back at 3:35 after the main break. the bassline breaks are pretty tight, nice and dark sounding. what bpm did you use for this track? nice track, keep'em comin.

it's like 126 BPM

it's already signed.... so as soon as i get the remix done
(which may be more of a change-up), then i'll post the info.

thanks for the input!

non-house/dance number me and this kid are working
on... his voice is amazing... he'll be doing some house
numbers for me really soon!

Self

it's unfinished....

got this kid fom school who will be adding a sax line to it as well.

That recording sounds really proffessional physix, the vocals seem to wobble a bit at some points but overall it sounds pretty good, the actual songs maybe a little bit cheesy for me but very accessible.

Just started a new track today its still pretty unfinished but any ideas and/or feedback would be cool. Awaken
And here is a much more finished version of a track I posted earlier
Kookaburra
Both are ripped for 56k so they wont take long but they are not top quality.
Cheers :)

Rasclatt

Awaken

I like the the shuffle on the kicks, but altogether nowhere NEAR deep or hard enough for me . . . I like the stutters in the first minute . . . that underground bass sounding thing is pretty cool . . . I'd like more bass and reverb on it, but that's just personal preference . . . good start at least . . . for a breakbeat track, I don't feel like there is enough changeup in it, a bit staid . . . its good, but I'm at almost two minutes and it really hasn't changed up at all . . . now, if you're planning vocals for it, this is a bit more understandable, or planning it to be a DJ tool (I know you said its just in the infancy) . . . I like the ideas and the sounds, would just like them more fleshed out . . . the bassline after the little mini breakdown at like 2:30 is pretty tight . . . put that with some more rhythm changes and a bit more diversity in the sounds/arrangement and you've got a nice lil breaker there.

physix

Self

Fuck, I'm already in love with this . . . TOTALLY unexpected . . . but so nice man . . . you play that guitar or sample it, or someone you know? The bass on this is working really well, too . . . I'm not the fondest of the hats, they just seem a bit too prominent to me, but that could just be me . . . I'm still not getting over this kids voice . . . you track those? Compress it? The lyrics would be nice without this kids fucking badass vocal talent . . . personally, I don't think you should be adding sax of all things to this . . . strings maybe, maybe a piano or some nice keys, but not brass, least of all a sax, but maybe you hear something I don't . . . . maybe that's why you're signed and I'm still trying (give me time ;) ) . . . . but anyways, great fucking work dude, and if you ever get tired of dance music sounds like you've got another avenue to travel down. :)

k rite

Summer Jam

I'm diggin this . . . I really like the subdued high line at the beginning . . . the drums are a bit synthetic for my taste, but that's just personal preference . . . the changeup at one minute is done really nice, IMO . . . I'm not the fondest of you going back to the beginning shit like right after the change, but you start to bring it back . . . I think your bass needs to be not only deeper but more prominent for such a track . . . I think, drum wise, your hats and what not are a little high in comparison to how low your snares are . . . bring those kicks up in the mix, too . . . damn, that high, airy keyline that sounds almost like chime strings is so fucking dope at like 2:20 . . . fucking nice! I'd like to hear more of that particular patch . . . so fucking smooth . . . that honestly has redeemed anything I saw wrong with this track at this point . . . the breakdown here seems to meander a bit, not really building cause it seems to go back and forth . . . and now your drums seem louder . . . snares and kicks . . . they should be this loud all through . . . YES, the second pattern with that patch . . . MAN, that patch is fucking ill, son . . . this track got MUCH better after the pseudo breakdown, much better . . . between that patch, the midrange twangy funk keys and the reverse kicks every 16 or 32 bars, damn . . . the second half of this track owns the first half . . . if you make the first half more of an extended prelude to the first half then it is, you got a fucking SMOOTH ass track man.

Rasclatt said:
That recording sounds really proffessional physix, the vocals seem to wobble a bit at some points but overall it sounds pretty good, the actual songs maybe a little bit cheesy for me but very accessible.

thanks for listening.

yeah, the kid's name is ethan.... he definitely wants
to be on the more commercial side o' things... but
that's ok...

and yes, the vocal wobbles... i sped it up in LIVE....
i should probably have used Melodyne instead....

Negative said:
physix

Self

Fuck, I'm already in love with this . . . TOTALLY unexpected . . . but so nice man . . . you play that guitar or sample it, or someone you know? The bass on this is working really well, too . . . I'm not the fondest of the hats, they just seem a bit too prominent to me, but that could just be me . . . I'm still not getting over this kids voice . . . you track those? Compress it? The lyrics would be nice without this kids fucking badass vocal talent . . . personally, I don't think you should be adding sax of all things to this . . . strings maybe, maybe a piano or some nice keys, but not brass, least of all a sax, but maybe you hear something I don't . . . . maybe that's why you're signed and I'm still trying (give me time ;) ) . . . . but anyways, great fucking work dude, and if you ever get tired of dance music sounds like you've got another avenue to travel down. :)

wow... thanks!

Ethan played the guitar part.... it was only like 8-bars.... so it's looped
over and over again... i may have to have him (or someone else) do
more for it...

I think a sax part would be effective, tho... it'd be faint ... fainter
for sure than the hi hats... ;)

Negative said:
k rite

Summer Jam

I'm diggin this . . . I really like the subdued high line at the beginning . . . the drums are a bit synthetic for my taste, but that's just personal preference . . . the changeup at one minute is done really nice, IMO . . . I'm not the fondest of you going back to the beginning shit like right after the change, but you start to bring it back . . . I think your bass needs to be not only deeper but more prominent for such a track . . . I think, drum wise, your hats and what not are a little high in comparison to how low your snares are . . . bring those kicks up in the mix, too . . . damn, that high, airy keyline that sounds almost like chime strings is so fucking dope at like 2:20 . . . fucking nice! I'd like to hear more of that particular patch . . . so fucking smooth . . . that honestly has redeemed anything I saw wrong with this track at this point . . . the breakdown here seems to meander a bit, not really building cause it seems to go back and forth . . . and now your drums seem louder . . . snares and kicks . . . they should be this loud all through . . . YES, the second pattern with that patch . . . MAN, that patch is fucking ill, son . . . this track got MUCH better after the pseudo breakdown, much better . . . between that patch, the midrange twangy funk keys and the reverse kicks every 16 or 32 bars, damn . . . the second half of this track owns the first half . . . if you make the first half more of an extended prelude to the first half then it is, you got a fucking SMOOTH ass track man.

awesome glad you liked the track. yeah the beginning isn't a good as the second half, but that is part of strategy behind it. when that second bassy synth-line drops after the break, its supposed to be pretty tight sounding.

hey just listened to your electro track: Jerk

i like it man. its got a funky sound going on around 1:00min in. that higher frequency "de de" sound is tight. the bassline was o.k. in the begining, but after the 1:00min mark it fits in real nicely. drum programming is decent. it seems to still need something that drops in and really rips, maybe after the small break in the middle? its to much of the same sound the whole time. you know, i wonder how an acid type sound would go with this? i could jam out to this if i was out partying. what did you use to make this? hardware/software? i'll check out your hip-hop tracks later on,

peace tom

***edit***
updated K-rite: Summer Jam, accidently left out some of my drums.

Last edited:
K-rite: Acid Cookout

alright peeps, this is a remix of my last track summer jam. its totally worked over and sounds a lot different. i managed to fit some tb sound in there. i wish i actually owned a tb so i could of jacked with the sound more, but hey you gotta work with whatcha got. let me know if you like or don't...

K-rite: Acid Cookout

Heres another track to have a listen to if you want, some trip-hop going into breakcore/jungley kind of thing at the end, tell us what you think

Space Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.