• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Yay! Bottled water to drop in price at all clubs!

Taking the heads off the cold taps is one thing. But some places are *really* trying to make sure: I was in a (Melbourne) venue on Friday night that only had one tap running hot water, and that was headless in the men's after a certain opint in the night.

I had to go into the women's toilet to fill my bottle up with (hot) water. That was a bit rough, legal grey area or no. Surely there are sanitation regulations?

I can see all sides of this issue, and mostly I do buy water at the bar just because it tastes better (!!!).

Personally though, I'm in the camp that thinks profit is one thing, but hot water in the toilets is just goddamn rude. It's saying, "your mild discomfort, even if you don't use drugs, is less important to us than making more profit from drug users."

Taps in the toilets aren't just used by people wanting a drink ;), and frankly, washing your hands in hot, bacteria-friendly water is gross.

please! $3 for a small bottle of water is fucking ridiculous! just to think about the amount of money you spend to get into the club, the drugs, and then buying beverages on top!
RIP OFF!

^^^ Well don't go the clubs, and don't buy the drugs - then you wont need to spend 3 bucks on a bottle of water. No-one's FORCING you to do it...

all the clubs ive been too have given water for free in cups but not in bottles so i would just grab a glass every few mins

I've got no problems with buying an over priced bottle of water at a club because you can fill it up as much as you like. However recently at one popular melbourne club there was a bouncer standing in front of the toilets forcing patrons to leave there bottles behind if they were going to the bathroom. I couldn't believe that shit. And I've been to another very large club in melbourne where every tap has only hot water,.... Disgusting

Heh. The hell with a small shifting spanner. It's amazing what you can fit into a pair of phatties...

Actually, now that I mention it... why has this not occurred to me before? I know enough people who make their own pants. Surely sewing one of those camel bags into your leg couldn't be that hard!

about 15 months ago at a party at ***** ibiza, i paid a horrendous price for bottled water which made sydneys prices seem cheap! the only water available was 300ml glass genie flask looking things that cost 18 euros each!!!! at the time that was just under 40 australian dollars for a 300ml bottle of water, and bathroom refills arent an option as the islands only running water is salt water from the ocean.

ps darren emerson was worth it :D :D :D

farout :)

jewbob said:
I've bought bottled water for 5bux for the lil bottles at a club here on the gold coast which I thought was fine coz I'll just re-fill it, then I noticed the seal on the lid was broken. Looked over the bar and every bottle had had the seal broken........ it was like they had refilled them already with tap water or something. Didn't think too much of it at the time, just felt ripped off but now as I'm typing this I'm wondering where they got those bottles from...

Bloody hell! I was at a recovery in Melbourne Sunday morning and I saw the same damn thing. I was in the toilets talking my ass off to some dude and I saw this guy come in to the toilets refilling about 6 empty bottles of water, fine I thought, he's refilling his mates bottles. Later on, I went to get a beer from the bar and the little fucker was working behind the bar! What a jib.

Also do you guys notice that when you do buy a bottle of water, the guy/chick that gives it to you always opens the lid for you. This would also disguise the fact that the bottle has been previously opened.

This sorta shit makes me sick! :X

aunty establishment said:
3. Water doesn't wholesale for 80c a bottle. It's closer to 30c. So if they charged 80c, they's still be making a 166.66% profit, pretty tidy by anyone's reckoning.

It varies from supplier to supplier mate, and quantity/size too. A large metropolitan cinema I used to work for got it for 71c a bottle, and were selling for $3.40. (600ml bottle). A couple of clubs I can think of have their own bottles... I don't know if they've got a room full of migrant workers sticking the labels on & filling them with tap water or if they get it done bulk elsewhere, but that's sure to throw off any price estimates we could poke at them.

Whatever this bill/policy was, IMHO it was a bit of a toss as in the half a dozen times I've been out since it's supposed introduction, I've still paid $4.50/$5.00 for a bottle of water... Which was no different from before.

Apollo, the cheapo stuff they sell at most venues in Melbourne is around the 32c mark at the cash and carry place near me (for a 250 ml bottle I believe) and they sell in clubs for $3-4. But I hear you. Mt Franklin is more pricey.

Jammer, it's more than likely that the bartender you saw refilling water bottles was doing so for his fellow bar staff, although it's strange they didn't have a postmix gun or taps behind the bar! As for cracking the seal, it's a requirement of a cabaret licence that no beverages are supplied sealed over the bar (otherwise this can constitute takeaway service which is a breach of licence).

it's strange they didn't have a postmix gun or taps behind the bar!

Yes it is very strange when in fact they did! Also when another chick went to buy a bottle of water (coz at this stage I was suss and watching them), the bar chick grabbed one off the top of the bar, not from the fridge.

Anyway... the place is pretty shonky, Melbourne's dodgyest recovery, no rewards for guessing where it is guys. :p

Hehe still... having said that, I'll prolly be going back there next weekend. :)

Have you ever used the water from a post mix gun? The pressures so low you'd be there for 1/2 hour trying to fill one bottle...And as its been said, the tops are opened due to licensing restrictions.

Bent, quit while ur behind mate. It's in ur face, blatantly obvious. It's like trying to push shit uphill, you have a forum full of drug users here and ur trying to justify the ridiculous price of water in clubs?

Like a wise man once said...

"Arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded".

Heh. The hell with a small shifting spanner. It's amazing what you can fit into a pair of phatties...

Hey Joellercoaster, sounds like you have some serious plumbing in mind ;)

I was thinking anything metal would be picked up by a scanner, but if it's just your keys that trigger it.....

I've also worked in the industry for a while. Bottled water can cost as little as 30 cents a bottle (250ml), clubs legally have to serve tap water if they are asked for it. A lot of managers "encourage" bar staff to say no to customers who ask for tap water, only getting them a glass when they persist. The larger clubs I've worked in, in Melbourne make huge profits. They could easily afford to lower their water prices. However the smaller clubs that hold nights that a typically drug taking crowd attend often rely on bar takings.
Why the big complaint about the price of water? Crunch the numbers when it comes to alcoholic drinks and you will see that they are also hugely expensive.
At the end of the day we all go out to have a good time...The clubs are there and they provide us with a venue in which to do so. Leaglly they must provide tap water so if you have a problem buying bottled water just drink what you can get. Beggars can't be choosers.;)

Hey Joellercoaster, sounds like you have some serious plumbing

This, in the context of my pants.

Not touching that one with... er... a really long shifting spanner.

But yeah, good point. I'm obviously not spending enough time in places with metal detectors, otherwise I woulda thought of that.

Camel bags it is...

originally posted by LahLahGatecrasher
Dirty Carrot... I love that name, as for that I am stealing it....LOL

I cant beleive u brought this thread back to life because u want to steal my carrot. What is the world coming to? ;)