• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Yay! Bottled water to drop in price at all clubs!

nc. said:
I hope you're joking, if not you have missed the point of the whole thread.

Um, yeah...notice the little smillie guys next to the comment...they were meant to indicate sarcasm. ;)

i can understand why they wont let people take bottles of liquid in as it could contain drugs, or alcohol but not letting someone take in an empty bottle is ludicrous - its a hr issue.

p.s to add in the coversation, I just buy a bottle of water and re-fill in teh toilets, or if at a rave there are portable bubble taps, they are kool. If Im really desprite for cold water then I'll buy another..... I cant belive that in sydney its $5 a bottle thats steep as, I guess in Vic $3 - $4

Cowboy Mac:

Get a load of this - the biggest club in Sydney wont let you leave with a water bottle. That's right... They make you throw it in the bin when you leave, or get a pass out.

The clubs here (Gold Coast) all seem to offer free iced water. At Fever, they even say you can have water for free when you ask for a bottle.. I normally buy a bottle anyway.. just easier to re-fill. I've been let to take water bottles in and out of every club I've been to here too. Cover charges are normally $5, or $10 for decent dj's. Water is between 3 and 4 dollars. Pretty steep still since it's mostly 300ml, and they love taking those bottles if theyre even near empty if u leave it for a sec ;)

Its all bullshit..... at the Arenena or whatever that venue called in the valley in Brisbane where godskitchen was helding.....charged $5 for cheap filtered tap water bottled waters...... and when ya leave ya can take the bottle with ya ..... but when ya arrive they FORCE you to dump your water bottles in the bin before you can enter... bastards!

OK I have a few things I want to clarify:

1. Shal - are you in NSW? Because AFAIK the "water cheaper than booze" thing is a voluntary charter agreed to by Sydney venues, i.e. there is no penalty for them not to comply. Also AFAIK a working group has been initiated in Victoria but it is very early days.

2. As a former bar pig, my view is that all bars can make money if they try to. I worked in a place where we sold next to no booze because it was a "drug club". So I just started selling things over the bar that punters would want to buy. I used to go and buy tonnes of fruit and serve Martini glasses of strawberries topped with Chambord and so on, for $10 a pop. We made a kiling and it brought people back because it was unique. It is not hard for venues to do this. It is simply much easier to maintain things as they are.

3. Water doesn't wholesale for 80c a bottle. It's closer to 30c. So if they charged 80c, they's still be making a 166.66% profit, pretty tidy by anyone's reckoning.

apollo said:

Get a load of this - the biggest club in Sydney wont let you leave with a water bottle. That's right... They make you throw it in the bin when you leave, or get a pass out.

Not just there either - this has happened to me at 2 or 3 other venues, at least one in the Cross and one on Oxford St. At the latter, I asked why and was spun some story about taking bottles off licensed premises - I was going home and couldn't be bothered arguing so I left it at that.

To all the people disgusted that clubs can charge more than double the price of a bottle of water in a milkbar and get away with it, do you also complain that a stubbie of VB costs more than double what you could buy it for in a bottleshop?

Or do you accept that buying it in a club costs more because of overheads, etc? You know, the fact that they're actually offering a service?? And trying to make a living?

It is not your god-given right as an ILLEGAL drug user to demand that clubs supply you with water at your ideal price.

I'm all for harm minimisation, but seriously, think how much money you outlay for illicit drugs in your night out, and then consider where you choose to enjoy them...do it at home if you expect everyone to support your habit for free, or accept that clubs are businesses there to make a profit, not to ensure you get cheap water.

You want cheap water, ask for a glass....don't expect a club to serve it to you in a bottle at the same price as your local milkbar.

It might cost the club 80 cents a bottle, but do you really think that vodka and tonic costs the club $6 to serve? Or you do think there's a mark-up on that as well?

Its time people take some responsibility for there own actions, and recognise that just because we choose to take drugs that make us need water, doesn't mean we should be subsidised...like it or not, the drugs we choose to take are illegal.

Urbie: Do you remember how many bottles you ended up buying that night?

The issue I have with that event was the number of bouncers/attitude of the boucers. Near the end of the night some poor young kid went to walk in with a bottle of V and instead of just being told to drink it and leave it he didn't get let back into the venue until twenty minutes before the last set finished. I got trapped out there as well (for different reasons).

Now that I think about it and what aunty establishment said, those events could be enhanced a lot with some fruit and less agressive bouncing.

Cuddles :)

By the way I've alway refiled bottles at the tap aswell. If I went anywhere that took the handles off the cold taps I would be reporting it ASAP.

Perth water

I have read thru all these posts with interest today being from WA. In comparison, I ventured into 3 bars/clubs last night (in Subiaco for those that know Perth) and each venue provided reasonably priced bottles of water - between $3-$4 and more importantly free glasses of iced water upon request (usually with a slice of lemon or lime if you asked nicely :) ).
Certainly the more renowned so called "drug clubs" will usually charge $1 for a glass of water from the tap but still the bottles are reasonably priced at under $4. So if you're going to spend all night on the dance floor you prob want the convenience of your water in a bottle, but otherwise it can be a rather cheap night out if you're just drinking water.

isnt water from the tap actually BETTER for u or something. better for ur teeth because they put the stuff thats in toothpaste to keep ur teeth strong in it???

i saw something on tv where younger kids of today are gettign the same kind of bad teeth probsas what were happenning before they put all the tooth healthy stuff in the water becasue they are drinking bottled water....

i have to say, i cant afford to keep buying bottles of water all night. as most ppl do, i buy one bottle from the bar of water, and then i dont have a problem drinking water from the bathrooms... the water in the bathrooms is the same as water from anyother tap in your city/town or wherever it is u live. personally i dont have a prob with tap water, and refilling my purchased bottle with it. and when u think about it, the club owner has alot of things to pay for... $5 for a bottle aint gonna kill u...

and why up entry fees but $5, when ur still going to have to pay for water when u get in there... leave it as it is and refll ur bottle!!!

When it comes to being thirsty or dehydrated, water is water. However, regular intake of a single brand of mineral or spring water should definitely be avoided IMO. This is because the specific mineral content over time could affect your health. Especially avoid mineral waters with a high sodium content.

Drinking only tank water can affect your health due to a lack of minerals, showing that we do indeed depend upon absorbing minerals from water.

fluoride salts are added to many urban water supplies. These are like the salts in toothpastes but are added in very small quantities. Depending upon the purification process and where catchment is located, tap water may also contain high or low levels of chlorine, small amounts of added precipitation agents, metals from plumbing, and anything organic which survives the process.

I've bought bottled water for 5bux for the lil bottles at a club here on the gold coast which I thought was fine coz I'll just re-fill it, then I noticed the seal on the lid was broken. Looked over the bar and every bottle had had the seal broken........ it was like they had refilled them already with tap water or something. Didn't think too much of it at the time, just felt ripped off but now as I'm typing this I'm wondering where they got those bottles from...

I think that only providing warm water in the toilets is kinda in the grey area of the law. I know that some form of legal action was being taken against the Family in Brisbane - I believe it was for the warm water in toilets. They lowered the price of water by $1 i htink and everything just sort of went away

I totally agree that water in clubs is overpriced... realistically though, how much does a pill cost to produce? A few dollars? Yet we're all happy to pay 35-40 bucks with no complaints... Obviously we're going to need water to drink after consuming the pill, so why are we then whinging about club-owners overcharging a couple of bucks for water? At lleast they're doing it legally!!!
Seems a little ironic if you ask me...
Just my 2c worth