• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Yay! Bottled water to drop in price at all clubs!

Jammer said:
Bent, quit while ur behind mate. It's in ur face, blatantly obvious. It's like trying to push shit uphill, you have a forum full of drug users here and ur trying to justify the ridiculous price of water in clubs?

Like a wise man once said...

"Arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded".

AHHHH

NO.

I agree with $5 bottles of water. Clubs are a business not a fucking charity.
If you cant afford your water, dont do the drugs

Jammer said:
Bloody hell! I was at a recovery in Melbourne Sunday morning and I saw the same damn thing. I was in the toilets talking my ass off to some dude and I saw this guy come in to the toilets refilling about 6 empty bottles of water, fine I thought, he's refilling his mates bottles. Later on, I went to get a beer from the bar and the little fucker was working behind the bar! What a jib.

Also do you guys notice that when you do buy a bottle of water, the guy/chick that gives it to you always opens the lid for you. This would also disguise the fact that the bottle has been previously opened.

This sorta shit makes me sick! :X

Dude! Fuck that shit! Bring Hell down on those bastards!

That shit is a fucking health hazard! Nah. I wouldn't stand for that.
If they tried that shit at a club I frequented, I'd be kicking asses and I suggest you do the same!

Yeah well try telling that to all the lil bar boys and bar bitches like Bent and BREAKaNECK.

C'mon guys common sense, you buy a bottle of water for 80c wholesale, sell it for 3bux max. 5 dollars is ridiculous. Especially when it's fucken tap water they're selling you.

argue.gif
Just make your point. Express it really clearly and there should be no need to attack the other person to prove that you're right.

BigTrancer.

The price of a sealed bottle doesn't really bother me.
An establishment has the right to charge whatever they want for that product, don't like it? Don't buy it.
However, having a free source of drinkable water is a safty concearn. Especially at a dance club! ( ...and hey, newsflash not just drugged up teenagers need h2o)
Personally, I drink a lot of water. There's times when I simply NEED a drink of water.
(I'm just sensitive this way, prone to dehydration I guess.)

...and hot water in the toilet? That would mean someone was desperate enough to drink from the shitter. That's just wrong.

I think they mean in the bathrooms, the cold taps are sometimes turned off or not there. There are a few clubs in Melbourne that only have warm water available for washing hands, therefore meaning you can only fill your bottle with warm water in the bathroom basins.

I agree that having at least tap water available is a serious health concern and I'm glad that it is a requirement of liquor licensing to make it available.

BigTrancer :)

Jammer said:
Bloody hell! I was at a recovery in Melbourne Sunday morning and I saw the same damn thing. I was in the toilets talking my ass off to some dude and I saw this guy come in to the toilets refilling about 6 empty bottles of water, fine I thought, he's refilling his mates bottles. Later on, I went to get a beer from the bar and the little fucker was working behind the bar! What a jib.

Also do you guys notice that when you do buy a bottle of water, the guy/chick that gives it to you always opens the lid for you. This would also disguise the fact that the bottle has been previously opened.

This sorta shit makes me sick! :X

This sounds like the bartenders are doing this and keeping the money themselves and not putting it in the till.

To the boss doing stock-take on sunday night, nothing is amiss.

BigTrancer said:
I think they mean in the bathrooms, the cold taps are sometimes turned off or not there. There are a few clubs in Melbourne that only have warm water available for washing hands, therefore meaning you can only fill your bottle with warm water in the bathroom basins.

I agree that having at least tap water available is a serious health concern and I'm glad that it is a requirement of liquor licensing to make it available.

BigTrancer :)

yep, i agree.
i think that while clubs are a commercial entity, there is some requirement for due care and responsibility for patrons. This is the reason why liquor licencing rules apply in the first place. Turning off cold water taps could seriously affect the people in the establishment. Most clubs are aware that people are on drugs, and could quite possibly have something to do with it. they know that the drugs are a part of the scene, and hence should be responsible about it.

still, it comes down to the almighty dollar doesn't it? *sigh*

Jammer said:
you have a forum full of drug users here and ur trying to justify the ridiculous price of water in clubs?

Little bit biased are we?

Originally posted by BREAKaBEATI agree with $5 bottles of water. Clubs are a business not a fucking charity.
If you cant afford your water, don't do the drugs

Exactly...if you don't like it, don't go. You walk into their club, pay your money at their door, use their electricity, piss in their toilet, dance to their music....then you should suck it up and buy their water.

Otherwise stay at home whilst your mate flicks the light switch on and off.

Bent said:
Little bit biased are we?

Exactly...if you don't like it, don't go. You walk into their club, pay your money at their door, use their electricity, piss in their toilet, dance to their music....then you should suck it up and buy their water.

Otherwise stay at home whilst your mate flicks the light switch on and off.

Water is needed by everyone to sustain life. (not bottled water, but I think every public establishment should provide some sort of drinkable water.)

How would you feel if a club you went to started charging for air or asked for an extra 5$ cover if you plan on metabolizing gluclose on the premises?

Charging for water ( just plain water) is wrong. It's worse then pay toilets.

MaliceNwunderland said:
How would you feel if a club you went to... ...asked for an extra 5$ cover if you plan on metabolizing gluclose on the premises?

ROTFL!!! heeheehee giggle giggle giggle!!!

MaliceNwunderland said:
Water is needed by everyone to sustain life. (not bottled water, but I think every public establishment should provide some sort of drinkable water.)

How would you feel if a club you went to started charging for air or asked for an extra 5$ cover if you plan on metabolizing gluclose on the premises?

Charging for water ( just plain water) is wrong. It's worse then pay toilets.

Um, ever heard of oxygen bars...air costs money now too =D

There's a lot of things required to sustain life...including food. Do you wander into a restaurant and demand to be fed for free? Do you walk into Coles and help yourself, calmy explaining to the security gurard that its cool for you to fill your bag and walk out without paying 'cause you need food to survive?

In any environment intended to accommodate a high risk activity, it is essential the wellbeing of the participants is catered for. This is basic health and safety.

Whether drugs are involved or not, the dangerous areas of clubbing center around dehydration and overheating. Although some clubs are known for their adequate ventilation, some are not and an unsuspecting patron may find his water requirements are higher than normal at that venue.

Comparing water in clubs to food in Coles is hardly fair, but in regards to the above statement, even Coles provides adequate air conditioning. To do otherwise in a big, often congested building could very likely make them liable if anyone had heat related problems.

Prevention is always cheaper than compensation and far more wise, even if door/alcohol or even food prices have to be adjusted accordingly.

Perhaps off-topic, but can I just take this opportunity to raise the issue of water bottle sharing? All germs and viruses (Virii?) aside, something recently happened to a friend of mine that I'd like to share.

The two of us were at the recovery (Kid_Cisco hates home-time;) ) for a big event in Melbourne, and I'd gone to fill up our bottles, or buy chuppa-chups, or stare at the big disco-ball... I can't really remember. She was dancing away by herself (she's quite a groover, and rather attractive) on the dance-floor when a random guy comes up and strikes up a conversation. He asks why she's by herself. She explains that she's with friends, but they're not dancing. He asks where her friends are, she replies that she doesn't really know, but they won't be far away. At this point she's getting a little bit worried. Fair enough, he replies. He then offers her a drink from his water-bottle, and thankfully she has the sense to say no thanks. Now maybe I'm just paranoid, and I probably am, but it seems very dodge for this guy to ask a chick where all her friends are, then offer her a drink from his bottle...

Anyway, I just wanted to remind people that although sometimes it might feel like it, not everyone in a club or whatever is your friend... But I'm sure anyone smart enough to read BlueLight already knew that!

Party Safe everyone,
Kid_Cisco:D

I am one to admit that while being 'all loved up', i am known to genuinely care for another's safety a little too much.

Although she was right to be a little suspect and refuse the water, don't always assume that someone has bad intentions.

It's good to be aware, and if you ever feel uneasy of someone's offer, just politely say "No thanks".

Could I ask we keep this thread to the price of water in clubs? A quick search will reveal several threads on the health risks involved with sharing water bottles/chuppa chups/snorting straws etc. etc.

Thanks, BT :)