• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

World Cup 2006. AUST. vs URUGUAY

I thought the penalty that was awarded that led up to Uruguay's goal was a bit weak. They were both strongly contesting for the ball and used their body weight to muscle each other out, so I don't see why it was awarded against Australia in particular.

We also looked fairly uncreative up front. Viduka put up a few strong challenges but aside from that they dominated us in the air and when contesting for the ball in their box.

Could have been a much worse result given that Uruguay were all over us for the last 10-15, but here's hoping for a win in Sydney.

Maybe it was awarded because of their location on the field?

either way, go Australia!!!!1!!one

MoeBro said:
you know, itd be funny if they still win :D

It was awarded because referee's have a tendancy to favour attackers in situations where fouls can go either way. Having said that, if Grella (who had an excellent game aside) had done his marking job we'd looking forward to Wednesday with a 0-0 scoreline.

I'm lucky enough to be flying down from Brisbane for it, and just quiety, I can't fucking wait. History in the making...

sbs are great but cos they had the rights to that match, we could find only 1 bar showing the match in london. 2 fucking hours lining up in the cold.
bring on wednesday. got the day off work, head to a bar 9am drink drink drink and yell at some south american bastards

Well I've done my bit to psyche out the Uruguayans yesterday and todsay by glaring at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Darling Harbour and shaking my fist at it as i passed both yesterday and today. You'll note Recoba sounded scared this morning. I think it worked.

I'm with raving loony in that tomorrow in the Stadio Del Telstra i'm only hinging on a 40% chance for us to go through but i don't know how i'd handle penalties live if it goes to them - it's bad enough at home. I was at a function for it tonight and asked a Dr there to prescribe me some valium just in case but unfortunatley it was refused.

Here's for a 3-0 tonking of the cheating South Americans ;)

^^Am I the only person who wants Australia to lose here?
Seriously seems that way.

It's not as if I actually want Uruguay to win, but when there are only two possible winners, and you want one to lose, you aren't given much of a choice.

Either way, given that Argentina qualified like 4 months ago, and the Netherlands seem to be kicking major ass at everything they do, I'm going to be quite the happy camper when the Cup begins.

The problem for Australia is not that we don't have the will or the tatical nouse, it's just that the Aussies need to have someone really play out of their skin and the rest play fantastic in order to get the two goal advantage. Bresciano or perheps Viduka can put one or more past Carini, but I not anyone else. Emerton, Kewell, Cahill, Culina and Grella aren't looking convincing enough sadly.

I've got my Green & Gold on, off to the Airport for my Sydney flight and a night of some serious supporting.

COME ON YOU AUSSIES!!!!!!

MoeBro said:
^^Am I the only person who wants Australia to lose here?
Seriously seems that way.
And you're surprised by this.

What I don't get is why you do.

Or am I simply not picking up on your sarcasm?

Go Aussies. 3-0 to Australia. ANd this is the game for Kewell to finally play well for Australia

quiet roar said:
And you're surprised by this.

What I don't get is why you do.

Or am I simply not picking up on your sarcasm?

To be truthful, I'm not quite sure why, but nor am I surprised noone else has voiced that they don't want Australia to win.
I guess I personally feel they don't currently deserve it?
maybe that's just me though.
Feel free to disagree :)

That's the weirdest reason I think I've ever heard so I would say it is just you.

You are one strange individual, Moe, which is a good thing, but I hope you're disappointed tonight.

Last edited:
i work in the city today, and at lunch everywhere you looked there was a green and gold jersey...

its going to be fuckin tops tonight!

We do need to do something about our colours, though - the only decent strip we have ever had was when we decided to go with dark blue, with a discreet green and gold stripe.

I'm having visions of it coming down to a penalty shootout, and Shwartzer (sp?) making the final save to put Australia through.

quiet roar said:
You are one strange individual, Moe, which is a good thing, but I hope you're disappointed tonight.

Perhaps its just me playing devils advocate.
no matter. The game should be worthy regardless :)

edit: take note, I am Argentinian. neighborly love perhaps? :)

MoeBro I am with you on this one, I want Uruguay to Win, but maybe that is because I am Uruguayan!!!! :)

Two things:

GuusTheboss2.jpg

GuusYrDaddy2.jpg

^^^ Oi, ozbreaker, get your ass into the Caption Game thread! ;)
Also, clean out your Inbox!