• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

World Cup 2006. AUST. vs URUGUAY

well as per the usual I forgot to check about tickets and missed out... well hey at least that means I can watch the game in front of the TV with multiple beers, and it will all end up being a HELL of a lot cheaper ;)

And woo for having 3 of their defenders suspended!!

Not that I'm being unsporting or anything... but FUCK YEAH!!

CB ;)

^^ It's ok CB they're dirty cheats - you can say that!! ;)

I have my tickets as near as teh GnG army as we could get - it should be insane - i was in Melbourne last time and remember the madness of it all.. I still have the small handout that the GnG army people handed out on how to taunt in spanish in my wallet! Quality lines such as 'Cheat' 'Three Nil to the Socceroos' etc..

I cried when we lost to Iran. That was a disgrace. Every time i see that P*ter H*re fucktard i want to hit him very hard over that.

When we had Floppy Frank as coack i knew we had no chance - under hiddink - i think we have some chance - the man is an insanely good coach and the team has come along a long way under him.

I still have nightmares about a free kick recoba took when we were behind the goal in Melbourne that curved so much that it was scarey.

Bring on 'O jogo bonito' as Johnny Warren used to bang on about.

- Oldskool jaded fitba fan
All the Brerakers walk on water...

ha ha ha

i think i read something the other day that mentioned that Uruguay dont have a keeper also, their 1st and 2nd choice are injured... and they only had the 2 in their squad, so any other graded quality keepers are unavailble from their clubs!

suck shit!

silvia saint said:
hiddink has done an amazing job in the short time he's been there, if only he had a few more months preparation time :(
Agree. I'm still dark on the authorities for not getting rid of farina earlier.

If we get a draw away in Montevideo, I think we will get through (especially if we manage to steal a goal).

Good to see it sell out, too.

Watched Melbourne Victory lose to Queensland Roar at Olympic Stadium last night... lame. Stupid captain Kevin Muscat getting sent off with two stupid fouls right after the other. Not impressed.

In other news, here's the broadcast schedule for the qualifers on SBS:

Australia's WCQ - LIVE ON SBS

LIVE & EXCLUSIVE
AUSTRALIA v URUGUAY
BRING IT ON!!!!

Australia's date with destiny against Uruguay is coming up in November and Australian football fans can see the first and second legs of the World Cup qualifying play-off LIVE on SBS Television.

After much speculation, Head of SBS Television, Shaun Brown, has announced the network had successfully secured the LIVE & Exclusive broadcast rights to the 1st leg of the FIFA World Cup Qualifying Play-off between Australia and Uruguay next month in Montevideo.

“It is very exciting that we were able to negotiate the broadcast rights for both of these crucial matches and provide free-to-air access to all Australians to witness the Socceroos quest for a position in Germany 2006,” said Mr Brown.

The first leg on Sunday 13 November from 9:30am AEDT (LIVE to all centres & replayed @ 5:00pm) will be hosted by Les Murray and commentated by Simon Hill, from Montevideo, with Andrew Orsatti as Sydney Studio Host joined by expert analysts Craig Foster and Ned Zelic, also a former Socceroo and perhaps Australia’s greatest football export.

It’s de javu as Australia once again faces its nemesis, Uruguay, with memories of their defeat in 2002 still clear in the minds of football fans throughout the country.

However, this time the crucial 2nd leg is on home soil and the rejuvenated Socceroos, under the new leadership of coach, Guus Hiddink, are keen to end Australia’s 32-year drought since last appearing in the World Cup Finals.

The second, crucial decider to see who will make a finals appearance at next year’s FIFA World Cup in Germany, will be played at Telstra Stadium on Wednesday 16 November, LIVE on SBS from 7:00pm (AEDT).

Again, hosted by Les Murray, with commentary from Simon Hill and expert analysts Craig Foster and Ned Zelic, Andrew Orsatti and Mike Tomalaris will provide side-line reports, with live crosses to SBS’s Christian Jantzen in Melbourne’s Federation Square and South American expert, Tim Vickery, in Montevideo.

SBS BROADCAST DETAILS
FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING PLAY-OFF
AUSTRALIA v URUGUAY

First Leg
Sunday 13 November @ 9:30am AEDT
(LIVE to all centres)
(Replayed @ 5:00pm)

Second Leg
Wednesday 16 November @ 7:00pm AEDT
(LIVE to all centres)
(Replayed @ 2:30pm on Sunday 20 November)

From The World Game/SBS

Here here! If they win and get into the world cup then hopefully I'll be able to get the next round of tickets that go out in December. Anyone actually going to the world cup from here?

Australia is one of my only hopes for actually being able to go and see a team that I want to see, otherwise I may have to settle for watching some team like Croatia.

It's looking like am going to go to the World Cup next year regardless if Australia make it or not.

btw, is this now on at 7am this morning, with all the time changes?

all you fuckers who sleep normal hours have probably gone to bed though haven't you :(

1234, i just checked foxtel electronic guide.
The show starts 6:30. So, 7am is probably start time.

katmeow said:
I'm up... but I don't really give a toss about soccer ;)
Oh! .. World cup = Soccor; thanks kat

Dont have a anything against sport so long as theres alcohol involved ... and preferably no sport ;)

"Wisemen gifts for a baby on christmas: In ancient egypt gold was a gift for the afterlife, myrrh was an embalming fluid and franincense was what the phoenix used to feather its death bed for resurrection. The Jesus story is the historical equivalent to a holywood movie remake"
- Anti-Christmas League

It's been a great game so far, pity we didn't have that Recoba guy kneecapped before the game started.

I thought we played pretty well, but clearly not well enough. We had enough chances, and we held them off pretty damn well with that one obvious exception. I don't think we'll manage to qualify, but at least it's not totally over already...

Well hey, it could have been worse.

1-0 to Uruguay... we missed some decent chances, built up a lot of play then did nothing, and generally faffed around too much...

Well hey, here's hoping for 2-0 to Australia in Sydney on Wednesday.

CB :)

It's still at least a 70/30 split in favour of Uruguay qualifying, but it's not over. Uruguay are great at defending, so we have it all to do. If Australia had Hiddink four years ago, we could have got through. But the then Soccer Australia were so poor, they had to use Angry Anderson as the pre-match entertainment because Nikki Webster's cheque bounced. ;)