Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

World Cup 2006. AUST. vs URUGUAY

evergreen

Bluelighter
So what do u guys think of our chances against uruguay (again) in the upcoming play-offs?

After I saw the match betwwen Argentina and Uruguay live, i don't think we have a chance. They were so good..

As long as some loony-toon doesn't invade the pitch again we've got a good shot... ;)

i reckon we are half a hope, we are more a hope than last time

if we get away with a draw in the first leg over there... i think we will be thru... otherwise it will be a fight.

If we win over there, might as well say were in...

Between, the fuckwit fans, the altitude, and the dirty fuckin players, we have a huge fight in the first leg... 2-0 Aussies First leg... 1-1 second leg

I'll be there to watch in Sydney, hopefully it'll be a good game.

I don't know about our chances. Uruguay are pretty damn good.

I saw the Iran vs Aus match a few years ago, was a ripper of a match, even if we don't win the atmosphere was alive.. hopefully its something similiar again.

65 bucks a ticket...

i was considering it, till i saw the price...

like fuck... yes it is a world class game, but fuck, its a wednesday night, and its in a place where your not going to get 80,000 for that price...

they should of really had a fuckin good look into it

Would have gotten 80K in melbourne.

I think we will miss out again. Next time around though....

Problem with having it in melbourne is that the ground at the MCG looks like a war zone at the moment. But yeah, if the G was available it would easily get 80K - hell, I'd be there and I never go to watch live soccer.

I think we have got a pretty hard task ahead of us. I'm not sure if having the last leg here is going to be a help or a hinderance. On one hand we will know what we have to do in front of our home crowd but on the other the job could already be beyond us. As has been our problem for a while it's our back half's performance which will decide how well we go imo. As long as we can keep Uruguay to 2 goals at the most and with a bit of luck score one ourselves we could be in with a real show, but if we leak 3 goals or more and fail to score i think we're stuffed. Whatever happens i will be there to see it.

I'm pretty certain the Socceroo's have slim to no chance at all of making the 2006 World Cup.

Uruguay are going to hammer the Australian soccer team into the dirt. Sure we might have good international level players, but they rarely play or train with each other and they barely know each other on field.

Pleonastic said:
Problem with having it in melbourne is that the ground at the MCG looks like a war zone at the moment. But yeah, if the G was available it would easily get 80K - hell, I'd be there and I never go to watch live soccer.

Yer the Iran game I saw was fucking incredible.

Even if its only a smaller crowd at the SCG it'll still be rather insane, I imagine it will be.

I'm going to do my best to be at the Sydney leg. It will be fantastic to be there, and I have all faith that they can make it this time!!

We have a much much stronger team than we had in 2001, if we can field a full strength backline we should be able to hold our own over in Montevideo, then hopefully the home town advantage will work for us in the return leg.

I am very very positive about this series!! We can sodding well do it this time!!

CB :)

hiddink has done an amazing job in the short time he's been there, if only he had a few more months preparation time :(

This is the least confident I have felt in our last 3 attempts. We were fucking robbed against Iran. I don't think I will ever get over that game. I'm not feeling too good about playing Uraguay. Recoba is world-class. If we win, Kewell and Viduka have to be in top form. That said... I am behind our boys 100%... CMON YOU SOCCEROOS!!

we went to the aus jamaica friendly last weekend and while the jams aren't a tough side i liked what i saw. saying that though i'm still not too confident we will qualify. if we do wouldnt it be great to knock england out in retalliation for the ashes. 8) spose we can dream

I wasn't confident that we could beat Iran eight years ago, yet we should have won 6-0 in that game. I wasn't confident that we could beat Uraguay, yet we won at home and could have snatched the crucial away goal in Montevideo if our players just had a bit more poise.

This time round we we have seen attacking players like Bresciano, Cahill and Culina make the step up. On the downside we have seen Moore, Kewell and Emerton on the slide. Kewell and Moore will try their best with their limited fitness if given a chance. Emerton will no doubt try to convince the world he is able to make the Real Madrid starting eleven by taking on every player and failing to even make a single completed pass for the entire game (just like he did for us in 2001). Hopefully Guus can have some harsh words with this twat. I am also hoping that Zelko Kalac gets picked for the goal keeping role, he is so good with any shit balls that comes in from crosses and corners. A little suspect at saving reflex shots, but then again no-one could compare to old cokehead Bosnich in that department.

Am I confident. Not at all. Recoba is world class like middle finger said, but even the best has their off days. Uraguay are going to be pumped up for the game after beating their rival Argentina to make the play off. What do we need to do? Quite simply we must score in Uraguay and hopefully we can make it a score draw, that way we will have a decent target at home. We simply can't allow them to walk away with a 2-0 home leg advatage because they are very strong defensively and would easily soak up the pressure in the return leg.

Today is the today the tickets go on sale to the public. I and three others are going to be flying up from Melbourne on the Wednesday and flying back on the thursday to go to the game. The atmosphere at Telstra stadium had better be a noisy cauldron like it was in 1997!

Just bought the tickets, all we could get was the Category A's. $195 to sit on the third tier + $242 in flights + train/bus costs + accomm = Australia better fucking win or else! :)

HA HA HA

3 of their players are suspended...

But only for the first leg, which is good... Im still going for a 1-1 draw over there!

Yep, thats a good sign! :D
I was surprised at how many yellow cards the Uruguayuans received in the match. They play a very physical game. I reckon if we can get a result or a draw over there, we should pull thru. But still very challenging.

I can;t get any tickets for the match at this time... so disapponted... :(