Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

words and thoughts of inspiration

BREAKaBEAT

Ex-Bluelighter
Inspiration

I want to hear about people/quotes/books/philosophers/actors/lyrics that you find inspiring and WHY. It didn't have to create an epiphany in your life... perhaps just reshaped an idea or belief that you hold close to yourself !

Mine is my signature...

Last edited:
"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."

Philip K. Dick (1928-82).

"Vision without means of travelling the pathway is only a fantasy"... fuck knows who said that.

My signature...
I understand it (only because I learnt about it in politics) but it still gives a me a little mind fuck everytime I read it.
=D

"Why should i play life by the rules?"

-myself :p

P.S might be said quoting yourself but i happen to think its very fitting

the entire lyrics from "we come one" by faithless.
in particular: "you're the left eye, i'm right, would it not be madness to fight? - we come one!"

so so drnk right now, i wish myu eyes wree thinkking that!

*DELTA GOODREM*

she is fully inspiring, she is talented, beautiful, down to earth, and just such an amazing person. u wouldnt realise how many people out there she has touched. me being one of them

i dont care if i get paid out for this post but its true and she is the only person i could think of....

"the world is your playground...play in it" -doofqueen

hey my own thoughts are as good as what anyone else can come up with *struts her mind*

"Think of something clever or witty to say and write it down, and you'll forever be imortalised in a quote"
- Anonymous

the quote in my signature, and more specifically, where i first read it. got it from a book by a psychologist who endured the nazi concentration camps...i'm generally not one for such positive life-affirming bullshit, but there's obviously some meaning and feeling behind this, and i quite like it.

plus i'm just a quote whore - i love 'em! :D

These lyrics used to provide me with solace a long time ago when I was pretty depressed...

"This is life
What a fucked up thing we do
What a nightmare come true
Or a playground if we choose
And I choose"

Hmm... I quoted offspring... I'm going to punk hell... :)

^^^ it's so fucked, when she writes her own lyrics she actually seems to come up with some really awesome stuff...it's such a pity that her most popular songs are the bubblegum bullshit that she's been putting out lately :(

she's hot though =D

Random words of insight or inspiration

Here we go, a nice thread on single statements of insight or inspiration. Nothing too long I say, just things so that people can read this thread and maybe gain some wisdom or read something which could help them in their current situation or just put a smile on their face. Maybe a brief explanation as well on what it could apply to if people may not understand the full meaning of it.

Also, if anyone really values these sort of insights then a great book to read is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (not 100% sure of the spelling of the last name, I don't have the book nearby). If I had that book here there would be plenty I could quote from it, my shabby memory will have to do for the time being, heh.

(Mods: I couldn't find any other threads similar to this but it would be a shame to waste another if it can be merged.)

---------------------------

heres a couple I have learnt from my 21 years here:

"Theres is always the good under or amongst the bad." -Self explanatory, you can apply it to anything, thinking this way makes it much easier not to dwell on bad things.

"Following your dreams is living with a happy heart." -Even if a fraction of your time is spent on following a dream, something which makes you happy, then its better than living a life which is a means to get by. You can have the silliest little dreams but you always know that once you fulfil it you will have something in your life satisfied.

and quoted:

"Other people are good at telling you what you should be doing with your life but they seldom know what to do with their own." - Paulo Coelho (from The Alchemist)

:D

Maybe three in a post is too many but I started this thread so ner :p =D

^^^ Yes definately! I've only read The Alchemist but I'm very keen on reading some of his other books. Whats another book by him that you can recommend? :D

"Don't aim at success-the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be persued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. I want you to listen to what your conscience demands you to do and go on to carry it out to the best of your knowledge. Then you will llive to see that in the long run - in the long run, i say! - Success will follow you precisely beacause you had forgotten to think about it".

Victor E Frankl,
Vienna 1983