Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

words and thoughts of inspiration

Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

Your imagination is a preview of life's coming attractions - Einstien

Last edited:
no matter what you ever achieve, more than likely someone did it faster and more competently

keeps me grounded

yeah it's one of my favorite things to say because i believe in it =D

*i went and edited though before i read your response so it wasn't up there twice :p

I've believed in this quote from the first time I saw Reality Bites.

There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... and I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.

Cpt.Caveman said:
^^^ Yes definately! I've only read The Alchemist but I'm very keen on reading some of his other books. Whats another book by him that you can recommend? :D

I am reading 'The Fifth Mountain' at the moment, its really awesome so far.

BUT YOU MUST READ

'Veronika decides to die'

That is an awesome read :)

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody is watching
And fuck like you're being filmed

anonymous

BREAKaBEAT said:

BUT YOU MUST READ

'Veronika decides to die'

That is an awesome read :)

back that up!
awesome book. was trying to remember the name of that recently.

Originally posted by up all night

There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes. So I take pleasure in the details. You know... a quarter-pounder with cheese, those are good, the sky about ten minutes before it starts to rain, the moment where your laughter becomes a cackle... and I sit back and I smoke my Camel Straights and I ride my own melt.

it's like an optimistic form of nihilism; i like it :)

"Knowledge is not enough you must apply, willingness is not enough you must do" - Bruce Lee

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"

*can't remember where i read that

onetwothreefour said:
Originally posted by up all night

it's like an optimistic form of nihilism; i like it :)

i prefer the other variety :p

"Peyote is a spiritual medicine. It can bring us in touch with the God within us, our Heavenly Father and our Earthly Mother. Peyote puts us in balance again with the Earth underneath our feet... Peyote is a plant sacrament. It is a plant teacher. It is a way of life. Our time in these bodies is brief. When we eat the Peyote we experience time and eternity, and it is from that vantage that, the next day, we can live our life in a very positive and non- trivial way, realizing that this day could be the last and everyone around us is our brother and sister and we need each other." -Rabbi Matthew S. Kent

(from The Peyote Way Church - A non-denominational All Race Peyotist Organization Since 1978 )

Last edited:
Koyaanisqatsi

koyaanisqatsi.jpg

Koyaanisqatsi

Ko-yaa-nis-qatsi (from the Hopi Language), n, 1. crazy life. 2. life in turmoil. 3. life out of balance. 4. life disintegrating. 5. a state of life that calls for other way of living.

Very moving documentary....rented out on DVD other day....

^^^ there's three in that series (poyaq... and naqoy... or something are the other two, i think...), and they're all good :)

The John Wooden quote in my second signature and this one:

Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate.
William Arthur Ward

The Old Woman & The Snake

An old woman was
walking down the road
when she saw a gang of thugs
beating a poisonous snake.

She rescued the snake &
carried it back to her home,
where she nursed it back to health.

They became friends & lived
together for many months.

One day they were going into town