Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

words and thoughts of inspiration

"Only experience is knowledge - everything else is information."

and "Bad company is worse than none at all"

I'm not saying where I got them from though :)

"Wherever you are....live more consciously. There is nowhere else to go. Everything that has to happen, happens within you, and it is in your hands. You are not a puppet....you are an absolutely free individual. If you decide to remain in illusions, you can remain so for many lives. If you decide to get out, a single moments decision is enough."

OSHO. TAHUI

"Yesterday is yesterday, if we try to recapture it we will only loose tomorrow." - A sample from Cosmic Gate - Tomorrow.

I don't think the person is actually talking about it in a motivational sense, I think its actually Bill Clinton commenting on the earlier war in Iraq but ah well, something good came from something bad as usual.

FunkySpunkster said:
"Only experience is knowledge - everything else is information."

and "Bad company is worse than none at all"

I'm not saying where I got them from though :)

Whiteboard ? :)

Taken from this thread but i like it. :)

A son and his father were walking on the mountains
Suddenly, his son falls, hurts himself and screams: "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!"
To his surprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain: "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!"
Curious, he yells: "who are you?"
He recieves the answer: "who are you?"
Angered by this response, he screams "Coward!"
He recives the answer: "Coward!"
He looks at his faher and asks: "whats going on?"

THe Father smiles and syas "my son, pay attention"
And then he screams to the mountain: "i admire you!" The voice answers: I admire you!"
Again the man screams: "you are a champion!" the voice ansers "you are a champion!"
the boy is surprised but doesnt understand.
The the father explains: "people call this an echo, but really this is life.

It gives you back everyhting you say or do.
Our life is simply a reflection of our actions.
If you want more love in the world,
create more love inyour heart.
If you want competence in you team,
Improve you competence.
This relationship applies to everything,
in all aspects of life; Life will give back everything you have given to it."

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU!

Ive recently come across this quote and i totally love it.

"Don't Gain the World and Lose Your Soul.
Wisdom is Better than Silver And Gold." -

The name i can read next to it is Zion Tran, looks a lot like Bob Marley to me though (picture.)

Its beatiful, it makes you think and yeah. Think about it.

Whats the point gaining all this material wealth when you just become another cog in society, forgetting to think. Its a horrible thing that happens to way too many humans, who think that is what life is all about. Its bullshit.

my 2 cents.

=D

<3

Loving this thread. :D
It really helps me to get through another day, and re-awaken refreshed..

I'll be looking up some to contribute later tonight. :)

An explorer sailed around the world thousands of years ago searching for the fountain of youth and the whole time he was searching all he had to do was jump off the boat.

:D love the water

Endo China

“This morning I wake up and discover
that I’ve been using the sutras as my pillow.
I hear the excited buzzing of the diligent bees
preparing to rebuild the universe.
Dear ones, the work of rebuilding
may take many thousands of lifetimes,
but it has already been completed
just that long ago.”

- from ‘Butterflies Over The Golden Mustard Fields’
Thich Nhat Hanh

"everything in moderation... even moderation, which means sometimes you go all out, and sometimes you abstain completely"

paraphrasing my friend Adam on his rant about moderation

Found this the other day so I wrote it down…

A parable about a sculpture who produced a great work of art out of a rock. When praised, the sculptor declared that his was not the achievement of having produced this sculpture where there had only been a rock, but simply having revealed what had always been hidden within the rock, the figure that was now called art.

I liked this when I first saw it cos it reminded me of a conversation I once had with someone who always continued to believed in me no matter what… and I guess in turn these sort of sentiments have in time also encouraged me to always try to look beyond the illusion which seems like the apparent reality…

For me anyway, but tiz open for interpretation which is the great thing bout it really

How To Deal With Boreocrats

"Officially, even a needle can't enter,
Unofficially, you can drive a horse & cart through".

- Yangshan Huiji

Dropping the good advice since the 6th AD

I Eat The Whole Animal

Since the topic of
Our Crawl Up From Eden
is my day's feedin'
a toast
to Goethe

"He whose vision cannot cover
History's three thousand years,
Must in outer darkness hover,
Live within the day's frontiers."

And a bit of the Northern Territory:

"Man may be excused for feeling some pride at having risen,
though not through his own exertions, to the very summit of
the organic scale; and the fact of his having thus risen, instead
of having been aboriginally placed there, may give him hopes
for a still higher destiny in the distant future."

I plan to grow something new & prehensile by the afternoon.

natura naturans

Droppin' The Word Like Atomics -

"The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical.
It is the sower of all true art and science.
He to whom this emotion is a stranger... is as good as dead.
To know what is impenetrable to us really exists,
manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms - this knowledge,
this feeling,
is the centre of true religiousness.
In this sense,
and in this sense only
I belong to the ranks of the devoutly religious men.

The human being is part of a whole,
called by us "Universe";
a part limited in time & space.
He experiences himself,
his thoughts & feelings
as something separated from the rest -
a kind of optical delusion of consciousness.
This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
restricting us to our personal desires
and to affection for a few persons near us.
Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison."

- Ol' Einy
:)

Please take the time to read this...

I first read this story on the Internet a long time ago. To this day I recollect this story and in a way it has changed my life. It's an inspiring story in it's simplicity. How something you can do, something so small, can change anothers world in such a dramatic way. I think in a way it's made me want to become a better person. To me, this story is beautiful, inspiring, sad, and emotional.

Some of you may have read it before. For those who havent, I hope by the time you've finished reading it, it's touched you like it did me.

My Friend Saved Me From Suicide

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class who was walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd". I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friend tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running towards him.

They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, I saw a tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives". He looked at me and said, "Hey, thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude. I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before.

We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung out all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him. And my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Damn, boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than I did and all the girls loved him! Sometimes I was really jealous.

Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach, but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story."

I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture, you can change a person's life.

When I read this story, I always feel some heart-warming. It makes me appreciate those people in my life who have supported, encouraged and changed me.

Some of you know who you are.... Thank you.

shals :D

"Do or do not, there is no try" - yoda

Thanks for posting that again shal, It'd been a long time since i'd read it and it's warmed me to the core, again. Thankyou to the people who make my life so special :)