• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do people love shrooms?

becuase up until I did shrooms my backyard had never ever been a dr. suess book.

really though many people love mushrooms becuase they can be great teachers and connect you with what many believe to be a higher consciousness or put you closer to nature

however as far as being spiritual or a teacher or connecting with nature I believe mescaline is far superior in all of these things. the reason I love mushrooms is they are so versatile, one trip can give you several different worlds of effects all from the same mushrooms. also just when you think you know yourself mushrooms can completley change the way you think about things or see something. and on top of those reasons is I absolutley love the visuals, the way colors of things just start to switch around and change, the way a blue mist can hover over room or rainbows wave 15 feet in front of you. some trips you may feel like your in a haunted house land others you feel as if your in a jungle others as if your in a dr. suess book mushrooms have a very madhouse and sometimes even dark feel.

they are just so versatile

Last edited:
Damien8787 said:
I think when the OP uses the word "bored" they just mean "not fun". I think they are saying it had it's highlights but overall the whole experience wasn't fun. Not everybody likes to go into something looking for a good time and end up with an unexpected hyper journey of self discovery. Not to put words in your mouth Onoe, but this is just what I am getting off of you.
Yeah, thats what I meant.

I might try them again sometime in the future......hopefully when I am significantly older the shrooms will have a more meaningful affect.

^ uncalled for Pretty Diamonds...especially saying it to somebody who is working through a recent trip and may be in an emotionally vulnerable position.

Let's keep this vessel afloat and cease firin' on yer mates*

*(Let's keep this thing on-topic and refrain from the personal insults please)

Why do you say that? I have a hard time seeing how being nice could be a bad thing. And in this case, the guy has a valid concern and he voiced it. He should be able to post here and not expect insults in exchange for his thoughts. I am sure you would want the same courtesy extended to you. :)

I guess it's a matter of personal taste. Some people like to go to the beach, others find it boring. Some people like rock music, others find it dull.

Personally, I enjoy mushrooms most of the time. I like the insights they give me, the visual aspect of the experience and their friendly nature in general. But that's just me I guess (and a few others ehh =D ). If you find them boring, then don't do them. No reason for doing a thing like that if you don't enjoy it.

Go outside and interact with nature on a high dose (At least 3.5 grams) of POTENT mushrooms and ask yourself that same question....

Shrooms are all set and setting.

Well to each his own I suppose. Some peopel just don't like them. I've never once even had a fleeting thought of how boring any trip was. I Love mushrooms. I think that they are: "the spiritual, hero who appears in you to clear your view when you're too crazy. Lifeless, to some the definition for what life is. Priceless..."

I think that some people can can be on the drug, but neglect the magic of it, for those who find it, they usually cherish it. Seeing shit and laughing is not the true psychedelic nature of the drug... they're just some very enjoyable (for some) side-eefects that go along with it.

Last edited:
just a little reminder Onoe :

different drugs have different effects on different people

if you remember this, it may save you from asking a few questions in the future

Psilocybin induces a state of mental, visual, and sometimes spiritual blissful magic that many people highly value. Thus, many people highly value shrooms.

They can make you believe in faeries again, which can be quite refreshing, really.

i like lsd alot better than shrooms. shrooms kind of scared me away from psychedelics for a while, i really dont enjoy mushrooms. now that i have done lsd i will never go back to mushrooms, there is nothing there for me.

I'm going to trip for the first time in about two weeks, I'm sure I'll post up a report, I'm actually growing my own small amount of these amazing mushrooms, I've read so much about them, they seem wondrous, fascinating, beautiful and awesome at the same time, ecstatic, much like this life experience we've all been given, priceless, I really don't understand the laws sometimes when it comes to these kind of gifts that grow naturally on this earth we share, who should have the right to stop anyone from taking part in a birth rite?

I'm sure these words can only give a small view of the mushroom, I'm going in for a solo trip to see what can be learnt about anything and everything, I've got the anticipation of a first trip but feel confident and will go with the flow, much like my first salvia voyage but with a little more knowledge of them although just as with salvia it won't any really difference untill I've tripped.

Peace and love to all, Harry

Pretty_Diamonds said:
Dear mods,
Okay, I'm sorry. This is too serious for me.

Oh, come on now... all I was trying to say is that someone should be able to post a serious question in here without being made fun of. If you didn't mean to insult the guy, then it's cool. But I mean how would you feel if you posted something like that and then someone posted and said you must just be a boring person?

Same reason people love any drugs, different strokes for different folks. Maybe it's just not your thing. Maybe try some different psychedelics? Maybe there just not your drugs in general.