View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do people love shrooms?

Onoe

Bluelighter
I have tried shrooms 3 times now, the first time was not a full dose..but almost an 8th.

I had visuals (tornados in the middle of the room..galaxies....people coming apart..etc)

Alot of self-realization. (all useless shit though)

and I had begun to question everything and basically tripped out.

The entire them I kept thinking to my self that shrooms is a VERY boring drug..it really has no purpose.

The next day I had a few left..I took them and felt a mild body high and hallucinated a tiny bit.

Recently (3 days ago) I took a full dose at an outdoor rave event, I tripped alot harder, more than ever before. I had Closed eye visuals, Hallucinated like crazy (the clouds were forming into weird shapes and were spinning) I saw my friends melting, I laughed alot (like you always do) etc.......but I couldn't help but keep thinking how boring this drug is.

I guess its just me, but I am never shrooming again;its just not worth the time.
Every trip I have ever had was boring.

So please, tell me; why is it people love shrooms so much?

hey, my suggestion...read through some trip reports on mushrooms (here and at erowid). You'll get an idea of the power that the experience is capable of instilling if the set (your mind) and setting (your environment) are right.

I got to close this now, since this forum is dedicated to trip reports and discussion about that trip report.

peace bro...hope you find what you're looking for,
samadhi smiles

---> PD

moderators, I suppose you can close this over there if its not suited to your forum. A little person flew up and sat on my shoulder and whispered in my ear maybe it could go in PD and be a good discussion.

If this stays open, you can see my post above, Onoe, for my thoughts on the issue. You just need to read some reports (people spend a long time on reports trying to convey how important they are).

Also, trip reports have the effect of influencing your future experiences if you really allow them to digest in your mind...you might find if you approach the experience with a more open mind and a good environment, then you will have a profound experience!

peace and light,
samadhi smiles :)

I havn't tried shrooms yet.. only LSD. But i mean the effects are somewhat similar? And i found LSD very entertaining..

I quite like Psychedelics because i know i'm guaranteed at least 10hrs or soo.. opposed to other drugs.

you need to be more clear. do you find other psychedelic drugs boring or just shrooms? if you don't find other psychedelics boring, then what specifically about shrooms makes them boring? if you do find other psychedelics boring, then what drugs do you find interesting and why?

Onoe said:
I have tried shrooms 3 times now, the first time was not a full dose..but almost an 8th.

I had visuals (tornados in the middle of the room..galaxies....people coming apart..etc)

No offence but is there a slight element of make-believe to this post onoe?

The anwser to this is B9s response !!! All us mushie lovers know what you mean brother !
:|

Alot of self-realization. (all useless shit though)

and I had begun to question everything and basically tripped out.

You say you had a lot of self-realization (all useless though) - why do you consider it useless? Isn't self-realization a good thing? becoming more aware of yourself?

Likewise, you said you questioned everything... in my mind, that is a very valuable thing. In fact that is why I love mushrooms and psychedelics in general.

Perhaps you were just looking for a fun time. In which case, it's probably best to stick to more recreational drugs. Psychedelics are serious stuff, and not to be taken lightly. Perhaps you're uncomfortable with what mushrooms have shown you. In that case, I recommend you don't block out what you've been shown, because the things you were shown about yourself are things you should address, rather than hide from. Hiding from them won't make them go away. But addressing them can improve the quality of your life.

Yeah I'd say you were looking for something fun and 'shrooms aren't always very fun. They're probably one of the most intense psychedelics out there though; LSD is incredible but 'shrooms have an emotional intensity unique to them.

Xorkoth said:
You say you had a lot of self-realization (all useless though) - why do you consider it useless? Isn't self-realization a good thing? becoming more aware of yourself?

Likewise, you said you questioned everything... in my mind, that is a very valuable thing. In fact that is why I love mushrooms and psychedelics in general.

Perhaps you were just looking for a fun time. In which case, it's probably best to stick to more recreational drugs. Psychedelics are serious stuff, and not to be taken lightly. Perhaps you're uncomfortable with what mushrooms have shown you. In that case, I recommend you don't block out what you've been shown, because the things you were shown about yourself are things you should address, rather than hide from. Hiding from them won't make them go away. But addressing them can improve the quality of your life.

but he described them as "boring". not unpleasant or horrific or uncomfortable. that's what strikes me as odd and make me wonder whether he finds other psychedelics boring or just shrooms or what drugs he doesn't find boring.

The way the post was written leads me to believe that something else is going on... the kinds of effects he described didn't really sound boring (he mentioned intense effects as well as lots of laughter, and realizations). To me it sounds like a case of repression of the experience. That may be off base but I'm hoping the OP with respond with more information.

I am also curious whether the OP finds all psychedelics boring or just mushrooms.

I have certainly wondered why they are so popular as well but not because I found them boring. From my limited experience they are incredibly introspective. I don't see how you could do them in anything other than a quiet peaceful environment with a couple to a few close friends / family. I hardly find mushrooms recreational. But I do like them a lot.

i never imagined anyone could feel bored on mushrooms.

my first trip was, unquestionably, one of the most defining and important events in my life.

I can't believe you found them to be boring... Mushroom trips to me are many things, but certainly not boring. I'm too immersed in the experience to be bored!!

Perhaps they're just not your sort of thing. If you find them boring, then I guess there would be little point in taking them?

I don't understand this post at all. It seems like a joke. Tornado in the room? Galaxies? People coming apart? Self realisation? etc... BORING? Laughing a whole lot is a real dull time too. Fun is so boring.

Yeah I know whenever there is a tornado in my livingroom my first thought is how boring it is. I wonder is Everybody Loves Raymond is on TV.